“Why the bad ratings?”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We dropped by here on a walk and we were surprised to see the poor ratings on trip advisor. Out waiter was friendly, we had a view of the canal that was romantic, and the prices were reasonable. The steak was a bit under cook for what we asked, but it was edible.

Menu was posted outside the restaurant so we knew what we would pay.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Really its true do not try to order a latte in the afternoon.. Its not the italian way. The waiter was super fun and told me that I needed a cocktail not a coffee. He had me try an Italian cocktail and brought my husband the biggest beer I have ever seen! ood fun and good laughs! Deffinitely stop here and put your feet out.

2  Thank Colleen D
Reviewed July 6, 2013

After a long journey to Venice, we starved and looked for eating something. After sitting in Al Gabbio, we asked the waiter for pizza. He insisted on for a beverage. When didn't accept to order a drink, he asked us to get up from the table. Then we went somewhere else and ate our dinner. I've never heard of such a thing! They are very very rude to people. When I saw reviews like mine, I didn't suprised for them. Stay away from here, go and eat in any other restaurant!

1  Thank Onur K
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were surprised to read so many negative reviews of this place. We were tired from walking one afternoon and I wanted an ice cream, but wanted to sit and have it. We asked a waitress who was standing at the entrance to their indoor space, if it would be OK for us to sit and just order ice cream and she said “of course”. We sat at a table closest to the water and we were greeted by a very friendly waiter who took our order and even let me get two flavors in one bowl!! He was very accommodating and never made us feel we were taking up space in a prime table. We enjoyed sitting in this beautiful spot and realized that you pay for the view. We were never rushed and no one made us feel unwelcome.
After having our ice cream, we ordered an Averna to sip on while we people watched. Many at surrounding tables were just having drinks. Some were eating. Everyone looked happy and taken care of. We will forward to stopping by again on our next trip.

1  Thank Rosie010
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stopped here just for coffee. We were asked to move tables by the very abrupt waiter because we were sitting at a table that was set with cutlery and napkins ready for lunch. The coffee was passable, but charged at 5.50 euro each!!! Having been travelling around Italy for over a week already we were shocked at how overpriced a simple beverage could be. They were clearly taking advantage of tourists.

1  Thank Tammygee