“Great view”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Castello
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were lucky enough to get a front table with a great view of the lagoon and all the passing boats. We really only wanted a coffee but as it was lunch time thought we should order food - melon and prosciutto for him and a chicken salad for me. Both were ok, nothing special and what we expected from this casual style restaurant. Service was very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Al Gabbiano

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great view but bad service and bad food! I ordered spaghetti and sauce and it tasted like it was made a week ago. What wasmoreannoying was that their food was overpriced. Stay away.

1  Thank Jen S
Reviewed June 5, 2012

When you are carving for lunch and most restaurants are closed since it's late, you don't expect that the usual touristic place in riva dei Schiavoni will have something too good. But this restaurant was a great surprise, at least the dishes we had were delicious: assorted fried fish and tenderloing in pepper sauce. I would have expected something way worse, but this made our lunch!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

They lie to tourists. I asked for a glass of red wine, which is common and easy to get at any restaurant. The waiter said they don't serve wine by the glass and he tried to get me to buy more expensive wine, but I had to buy 'half' bottle wine. After I ordered, he served someone else a glass of wine. When I questioned him, he began making excuses. Of course, I couldn't get a refund or dispute it since I don't speak italian since suddenly his English became very poor. They have an automatic service charge so you are stuck paying it. The wine I had there was the worst I had during my 2 week trip throughout Italy. It is better to have a water front view at any other place than this restaurant.

2  Thank Julie A
Reviewed March 24, 2012

We enjoyed the view of the water and tourist traffic as we relaxed for the meal. The food was average and service was slightly above average. The veal and sea bass were well prepared. The best part was the view and the food was not a disappointment.