Hotel Violino d'Oro
Hotel Colombina(Venice)
$186
$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$372
$161
$809
Londra Palace
1,352 results
All reviewsgondola stationgreat locationgondola servicesan marco vaporetto stopwater taxidesigner shopsprivate terraceminute walkmark's squaresmall canalbottle of proseccopastriesbreakfast roomcoffee machinecharming hotelexcellent breakfastgrand canal
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Venice is not cheap. When evaluating the value of everything it is relative to the cost of living at that location.
Comparing the room we were given I compared it to New York and the location and proximaty to Times Square against the one in Venice and its proximaty to St Marks Square
The Venice Hotel room size was comprable but Venice was better decorated and much cleaner. So on that basis the room was not bad value for money in a tourist city
Satff were friendly and knowledable and spoke good English
The breakfast was excellent including the champagne

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal and more spacious and cost more
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked this hotel completely off the back of reviews from here & I am glad I did. The location is brilliant, you get off the water bus at San Marco turn left walk up a little street & you are there. Its a great base for your adventures, Gondola stop right outside the hotel & loads of designer shops.
Breakfast is very nice, not over facing. Rooms very comfortable & clean.
My only complaint would be, reception staff are hit & miss some very very friendly others downright rude, ie when we asked could we buy a coffee & were then told the bar was closed, he then noticed there were 4 of us & decided it was open again only to be served cold coffee, warm beer & wine! But that is my only complaint & please dont let it put you off, we didnt. This place is a little gem.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just come back from this amazing city, and stayed in this lovely little hotel a stone's throw from St. Mark's Square - you cannot fault it for location.
However, I paid for a superior room, and I don't believe I was given one on the 1st night. It was overlooking the front of the hotel and was very tiny and dark, and the bathroom was miniscule without a window (my 2 pet hates). The hotel were full so could not change my room, but did so the next day without any problems - the supervisor was really great about it. We were changed to the side of the hotel, overlooking the canal, and the difference in size was vast. It had 2 seperate windows & a large window in the bathroom, which I loved as we could shut the shutters to keep out most of the noise, (I had earplugs in which helped!) and yet keep the window open to let in air overnight (important to me)
You could hear the Gondoliers in the morning and a few late night passers-by but overall was not too noisy - depite us being there on the busiest weekend in April due to the Saint's Day they were celebrating.
The decor is very old and not much in the room (adequate for a short stay) - but who stays in the room when in Venice?
The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful, and gave great advice.
Breakfast was served in quite a small crowded room, but it was fine - and was adequate. The added bonus was that if you didn't want the filter coffee, you need only ask one of the waiters and they gladly served a cappucino for you.
There is a safe loacted just off reception, which isn't made clear - so do ask as it is free, and even though we felt very safe in this marvellously peaceful city, it's wise to lock valuables away.
The only drawback, as there were no balconies on any of the rooms (except a suite apparently) I was hoping that we could sit and have a drink on the rooftop terrace - only to be told that it was for the people in the suites only - which wasn't made clear on their website - it seemed to be a hotel of "haves" and "have-nots".
Still - the stay was great - make sure to come in by shared water taxi as the effect is stunning (though the jetty is quite high up where they drop you off, so be aware) and remember - it is VERY expensive everywhere - especially on St. Mark's Square (18 euro for 2 coffees!)
Will come back when we win the lottery!

Room Tip: None are quiet - but rooms on the side overlooking the canal are vastly bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Very good 3 star hotel! We got the room 104 and it was perfect, specially the view of the canal. Only minus is the shower that is too small even if the restroom is large!

But the location is the most positive point of the hotel! Few steps from the piazza san marco, next to several restaurants and all kinds of stores!!

Must do tip: at the first floor there is a balcony at the end of the corridor just above the canal and gondolas. Get a pro secco bottle and enjoy the view from the balcony... we did it at the end of the afternoon and it was great! Of course its also a great spot for nice pics!! Enjoy!!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank RafaelSanto
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very good hotel considering its central location near San Marco square, reasonable price and hospitality of all staff. I can’t fault our stay in any way. Breakfast was always fresh and tasty; room vas cleaned every day with all amenities including free wi-fi and minibar.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple