“Great value for the money”
Review of Hotel San Geremia

Hotel San Geremia
Ranked #268 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Los Angeles
“Great value for the money”
Reviewed September 3, 2008

We stayed here for an overnight trip to Venice after realizing the hotel I previously booked was way too far away and we couldn't find it. The staff was friendly, breakfast awesome, and we got the best room in the house--at the last minute! top floor, terrace with awesome views of San Geremia Square below and the church across the way. Highly recommend this...they are friendly, it's close to the train station and shopping and restaurants as well as the water bus station at Ferrovia. 4 stars.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NaegleTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Waukesha, WI
Reviewed June 28, 2008

This hotel is in a easy to find location in Venice. You'll learn that in Venice, maps are useless, so you have to rely on the posted signs which direct you to the major attractions: St. Marks Square, the Rialto Bridge, the Accademia Bridge, and the train station. This hotel is near the train station, so you just need to follow the train signs to get to it. I have friends that had an aggravating time finding their hotel, so this hotel is a good choice if you get lost/aggravated easily! The staff was also very nice and helpful and let us leave our bags there for an entire day after we checked out. They even offered! As far as the room, the room itself is larger than I was expecting, but the bathroom is extremely small (it's a challenge to even dry off in there!) Our room was facing the campo (a large, open area) so it was loud early in the morning if you had the windows open, but if you close the windows there's no problem. It doesn't overlook a canal, so if that's what your looking for in a hotel in Venice, this one isn't for you. But, it's good for the price!

• Liked — Easy to find location
  • Disliked — It wasn't on a canal, which would have been nice, but wasn't expected for the price
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katieciz
Melbourne
Reviewed August 14, 2007

My husband and I travelled with his sister and brother in law, we stayed in the 4 bed bedroom on level 1, I did read there was no lift so that was no big deal, staff were very helpful and friendly once they realised we were happy with the accomodation, we stayed 6 nights it was not stylish but fun,we opened windows all night and noisy in the busy mornings but earplugs assured us of a sleepin, owners even let us open our wine and drink it at their little tables out the front.in the compo. Absolute bargain and was the cheapest of all our european accomodation! We chatted to a group of 6 USA people who were also staying there and they loved it for what it is.

• Liked — cute,we spent little time in room and love sitting outside, fantastic atmosphere in venice
  • Disliked — Lack of storage, we stayed in a 4bed room but I sighted single rooms and they looked very small
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank lcutajar

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Rotterdam
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Really nice 2 star hotel. My friend and I have enjoyed our stay so much that we've decided to come back again the next time we'll visit Venice. The rooms aren't big, but nicely furnitured and cleaned every day. Big bathroom and nice staff (except for the guy with the glasses who was nor helpful nor in for a chat . He told us that we had to be back in the hotel before 2.00 am which isn't really necessary according to his boss). Lovely little breakfast served by kind woman. Perfectly situated at a vivid square. Not expensive (70 euros per double room per night).
Only negative point is that it's quite noisy.
Nevertheless; loved it!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — it was rather noisy
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank happyguestRotterdam
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed June 27, 2007

I stayed at San Geremia twice in the past 5 years. At 75 euros per night it is very reasonably priced for being in Venice, close to the station and with most rooms overlooking a 'campo' (Venitian square). I agree with other reviews that it can be very hot, but I would not expect AC in a 2star hotel and a powerful fan was provided in every room; neither would I expect a lift. I found the staff kind and accomodating and the breakfast lady as nice and friendly as an auntie. I disliked the furniture, tacky and old fashioned, but again I would not expect anything that much better, given the price and rating.
True, in summer the Campo can be noisy: Venice has a problem with rude tourists who party all night long, but go there in the low season and you wil love the shuffling of footsteps ar the kids going to school in the morning.
May I say that I would day for the top-floor room: a balcony overlooking the roofs, calle and campo in Venice is a real luxury!

• Liked — location (close to the station and vaporettoes, overlooking a campo); size of the hotel
  • Disliked — furniture, very small lobby.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank MEG
Romania
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Do you guys get paid for thinking at the worst words you know ,put them together and write reviews here????
I've been at Hotel San geremia and I had a wonderful time!The desk staff was very helpful about providing informations regarding la Biennale and the Venice Tours.They even arranged for us a reservation at a very good restaurant with venitian plates and that was just delicious.We had one of the top floor rooms with a terrace but we did not had any strange odour.The room was clean and everything was ok. Well,except for the elevator. But that was a small price to pay for having such a romantic room. And you don't have to be very intelligent to notice that they are 4 floors ,not 3!!!!
Well,I guess somebody need to go back at school :))

We strongly recomand this hotel!

• Liked — The desk staff is great and the hotel is very close to the train station,in a very “venitian“area.
  • Disliked — No elevator,no A/C.
  • Stayed June 2007
3 Thank only4you
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed May 27, 2007

This is my worse hotel stay ever in my travel experience. No A/C and it's already very hot in May. Natural air couldn't get into the room. I stayed on the top floor and had a balcony. I had to stay on the balcony for as long as I could because temperture in the room was like 10 degree higher.

The worse nightmare was the shower. My shower door couldn't close tightly so water leaked onto bathroom floor. The rug was all wet and stink. I could smell it without entering the bathroom, while the door was shut.

I knew Venice is a expensive city and this hotel cost me 100 euro a night which was already the cheapest I could find with private bath. I know well that I get what I paid for. But I don't expect any hotel should have leaking shower and stinky rug and bathroom no matter how cheap it is.

Only the top floor rooms have balcony but you've to haul your luggages up 3 levels of very narrow stairs which was much more difficult than I thought. So if you don't want the exercise, ask for lower floor rooms. The balcony faces the campo which could be noisy.

The only best thing about the whole experience was that I was allowed to use the public shower in the hotel after I checked out. I checked out in the morning but not leaving Venice by train until late at night. After a hot day walking around, it's very nice to be able to take a shower before a night train. I apprecite that.

Stay here only if you really cannot afford to pay more; otherwise, go somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2007