“Better Than Expected for First Venetian Dinner”
Review of Ca' Leon

Ca' Leon
Reserve with
Ca' Leon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #448 of 1,496 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Description: Aperitifs and appetizers, typical Venetian cuisine to enjoy the peace of fondamenta Tolentini, living genuine and hospitable atmosphere, one of the premises of the real Venice! Ca 'Leon is also a compelling and welcoming inn.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty canalside restaurant, which was not too busy for early evening.
We were keen to try local dishes, so I had very tender calves liver dish - Fegato with onions and grilled white polenta cake; a very pleasing introduction to Venetian cooking . My wife had grilled monkfish with a chips side dish. The fish was cooked well and the chips were of a ‘scooped out’ style which made them very light. Overall, the food was of a better than expected good standard without being spectacular.
The service was attentive which was contrary to some reports of Venice, so a good start to our stay.
This restaurant is recommended at a good price for Venice and not being far from the arrival area of Piazzale Roma / Ferrovia

Reviewed May 11, 2018

We had dinner for four at the canal side and the food was ok. Although my order of what was translated as fried mixed fish and fried vegetables was actually fried sea food with what might have been fried mashed potato (but probably wasn’t). I was expecting a range of fried white fish and ended up eating some stuff I have never had before (not a problem but with the shrimps in their shells I have to wonder why anybody would bother - it seemed to take a lot of effort to release the tiniest amount of flesh). Having said that I can’t fault the restaurant for my non-existent Italian or my lack of knowledge about fried sea-food (maybe I was supposed to eat the shrimps in their shells but I did not fancy it). The others in the group had a range of pasta and meat dishes which were fine. However, the two helpful waiters seemed to have a lot to do and it took ages to order dessert (though they were served in reasonable time).

Reviewed March 25, 2018

Well located for our hotel which was five minutes away.

Good choice of food well cooked and presented.

A touch pricey, that said good value for money.

Friendly staff.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

€85 for two frozen lasagna 2 glasses of wine and two frozen tiramisu
Conned big time
There are plenty of places to eat around this area , even better over the other side of the grand canal

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

Just around the corner from our hotel in a quiet canal side location. A bit of a treat on our last night. We both had monkfish, a dessert and a carafe of wine between us. Beautifully cooked and presented. I did think it was a little overpriced at €95. It didn't spoil the evening though and we were in Venice!