“No sleep here”

and 1 more site!
Hotel ai do Mori
Ranked #148 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This hotel is located only a few metres away from the clocktower in the centre of Venice. At midnight the bells beautifully and in your room you can hear every note. The clock strikes the hour and ensures that there is no possibility of any sleep. The owner or manager failed to appreciate that this was perhaps something that should feature on their website. We stayed in the room at the top which does have a lovely terrace where there is a lovely view of the clocktower and rooftops across the city. This bedroom is very very small and makes life very difficult as there is, in effect, no room to get around the bed. The heating was up so high that it would have been very difficult to sleep if we had not been kept awake by the bells in any event.

The only good things that we can say is that the location of the hotel is very central and this would have been extremely useful if we had stayed more than one night. We didn't. We left this nightmare hotel as soon as we could the next morning.

Room Tip: Lowest floor possible to minimise the noise from the bells although other users have reported that s...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sam S
There are newer reviews for Hotel ai do Mori

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Italy and I had a lovely experience at the hotel. The room was small, but very cozy, clean, and comfortable. The staff was wonderful. They greeted me every time I came in and left, loaned me an umbrella for the entire length of my stay, and were more than helpful with recommendations on resturants. I will make sure to stay there again on future visits!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Located in the heart of San Marco this little hotel is a good bang for your buck.

The room was a little on the small size but you won't be in the hotel room that much. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Prompt room service replenishing your amenities.

Some negative reviews I heard from fellow friends would be if you are tall the rooms and stairwell will be a little tight.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My second time in Hotel Ai do Mori did not disappoint.
From my initial email requesting availability everything was plain sailing. They even managed to put us in the same room as last year and accomadate a member of our party leaving early etc.
Its location just off San Marco is amazing and is excellent value for money. The room was spotless and comfortable and cleaned everyday. We asked for a kettle and were presented with a full tray for making tea and coffee. Everyone at reception was so helpful and informative. We were provided witn umbrellas when it started to snow.
I will be back again. Thanks to everyone in Hotel Ai do Mori.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LisaMcGuin
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our first real holiday in Venice, and when we were looking for a hotel, we made the best choice! Hotel Ai Do Mori is exactly what it says in the information, ie, that it is 10 meters from St Mark's Square. A small hotel with a family feel - the staff were always available and able to answer all our queries, book opera tickets and give advice. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the hotel (no lift), and although not huge, was full of character with lovely oak beams, pretty furniture, a hospitality tray and most importantly in February, was beautifully warm, with a stunning view of St Mark's Bell Tower. We stayed for a week during Carnivale 2013 and we literally had Venice at our feet! There was a daily housekeeping service with fresh towels and chocolate teacakes. All the reception staff spoke English, but could give us tips on where to eat, what events were outstanding, and when to be back safely in times of flood from the high tide! All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to feel welcome and comfortable at a reasonable price, and never be far away from the action.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a top floor room if you can't manage steep stairs! A corner room gives excell...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HeatherHughes522
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm echoing what most reviewers here are saying. I stayed here for a week during Carnevale and it was a great experience. The owner and brother and staff all very nice and friendly and made me feel comfortable (though I didn't have any real questions other than location of one place on a map).

This is from perspective of a single traveler, and I look for the following: central location, safe surroundings and hotel, cleanliness very important, and nice shower with real water pressure. This hotel has all that. Very clean and tidy room; good water pressure in shower which is important to me. Also, free wifi works great. I had a room w/bath one night (because the owner was nice enough to offer to me at same price as room w/shared bath since it was available), and with shared bath rest of the time. Both are on higher floors (3 or 4?). One room faced street and other faced next building. Frankly I had no problem with noise even with street facing room -- and during Carnevale, perhaps bc it's a bit higher up. A little music from some bar nearby till about midnight and that's it, and maybe some late night revelers now and then. The windows are very thick.

Yes, the rooms I had are on the small side. But as a single traveler that was fine for me. It may be a problem if you're a couple with lots of baggage and/or not used to being in really close quarters. And you need to lug your luggage up the smallish stairs -- the site makes that very clear. Honestly not a big deal to do it twice (and walking up a few flights every day is probably good given all the good food we're eating there). So know yourself before booking. But for this price it's a fantastic value. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor quieter, if you don't mind walking up a few flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A great value hotel in the centre of Venice. Have now stayed there on two occassions November 2011 as a couple and January 2013 with our two children. The top floor room has an outside terrace with views of Venice

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple