“2nd time as good as the first.”
Review of Hotel ai do Mori

and 1 more site!
Hotel ai do Mori
Ranked #151 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My second time in Hotel Ai do Mori did not disappoint.
From my initial email requesting availability everything was plain sailing. They even managed to put us in the same room as last year and accomadate a member of our party leaving early etc.
Its location just off San Marco is amazing and is excellent value for money. The room was spotless and comfortable and cleaned everyday. We asked for a kettle and were presented with a full tray for making tea and coffee. Everyone at reception was so helpful and informative. We were provided witn umbrellas when it started to snow.
I will be back again. Thanks to everyone in Hotel Ai do Mori.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LisaMcGuin

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was our first real holiday in Venice, and when we were looking for a hotel, we made the best choice! Hotel Ai Do Mori is exactly what it says in the information, ie, that it is 10 meters from St Mark's Square. A small hotel with a family feel - the staff were always available and able to answer all our queries, book opera tickets and give advice. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the hotel (no lift), and although not huge, was full of character with lovely oak beams, pretty furniture, a hospitality tray and most importantly in February, was beautifully warm, with a stunning view of St Mark's Bell Tower. We stayed for a week during Carnivale 2013 and we literally had Venice at our feet! There was a daily housekeeping service with fresh towels and chocolate teacakes. All the reception staff spoke English, but could give us tips on where to eat, what events were outstanding, and when to be back safely in times of flood from the high tide! All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel if you want to feel welcome and comfortable at a reasonable price, and never be far away from the action.

Room Tip: Don't ask for a top floor room if you can't manage steep stairs! A corner room gives excell...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank HeatherHughes522
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I'm echoing what most reviewers here are saying. I stayed here for a week during Carnevale and it was a great experience. The owner and brother and staff all very nice and friendly and made me feel comfortable (though I didn't have any real questions other than location of one place on a map).

This is from perspective of a single traveler, and I look for the following: central location, safe surroundings and hotel, cleanliness very important, and nice shower with real water pressure. This hotel has all that. Very clean and tidy room; good water pressure in shower which is important to me. Also, free wifi works great. I had a room w/bath one night (because the owner was nice enough to offer to me at same price as room w/shared bath since it was available), and with shared bath rest of the time. Both are on higher floors (3 or 4?). One room faced street and other faced next building. Frankly I had no problem with noise even with street facing room -- and during Carnevale, perhaps bc it's a bit higher up. A little music from some bar nearby till about midnight and that's it, and maybe some late night revelers now and then. The windows are very thick.

Yes, the rooms I had are on the small side. But as a single traveler that was fine for me. It may be a problem if you're a couple with lots of baggage and/or not used to being in really close quarters. And you need to lug your luggage up the smallish stairs -- the site makes that very clear. Honestly not a big deal to do it twice (and walking up a few flights every day is probably good given all the good food we're eating there). So know yourself before booking. But for this price it's a fantastic value. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor quieter, if you don't mind walking up a few flights of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2013

A great value hotel in the centre of Venice. Have now stayed there on two occassions November 2011 as a couple and January 2013 with our two children. The top floor room has an outside terrace with views of Venice

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This has got to be the most surprising, wonderful deal I have had in years. When I booked the hotel for a week, I didn't have high expectations in terms of the room; the price and location next to the Basilica were enough, even if the room were run down. However, my room was impeccable; clean, contemporary but cozy furnishings, everything in tip-top shape. The owner, Antonella, is so cool, in a relaxed Venetian kind of way, and can offer you some great ideas for off the beaten track things to see. I had a far richer experience, thanks to her. The location on St. Mark's, apart from the glory of St. Marks, is useful because it is a quick walk to the San Marco Alilaguna water bus stop that brings you easily to and from the airport. Last, but not least, this hotel is right next to the Bar Campanile, serving great Spritzers and bar snacks for the last 30 years; an affordable, fun way to drink and meets visitors and Venetans alike.

Room Tip: The main hotel has a great view of the clock tower, but you have a few flights of stairs. The annex...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank LyleN
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a gem, right next to St Mark's square at a great price. We stayed for 4 nights. Staff is friendly, room was clean and bathroom was very good, completely renovated. There's TV, hair drier, safety box.
Atmosphere is really cozy.

Remember that there's no breakfast and you have to climb up 2 flights of stairs to get to your room. Not a good idea if you're hauling a lot of luggage.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ValeriaBarreira
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, just off St Mark's Square. We had a clean and quiet room on the third floor.
What really made us love this hotel was they offered us the use of their wellington boots when Venice was flooded due to the high tides. This allowed us to go out despite the conditions, when other tourists were trapped inside.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple