I decided to get to Venice just a few days prior to the second Sunday in May. The hotels in Venice seemed to be very expensive and a very few of them had rooms for someone traveling alone. Al Gambero was the only one that had such a room and the price was below the average. The pictures of the rooms in Booking.com looked light and spacious. Obviously as I got there the room was tiny. However, it had free WiFi, TV, coffee cooker, a small bathroom with a sliding door to save the space and a wardrobe, and best of all it was in the middle of Venice. Plaza S. Marco and Palazzo Ducale are just 10 minutes away and Realto Bridge is even closer. There are a lot of restaurants and cafés near by, and I even went to a concert at Scuola Grande di San Teodoro that also was just a minutes away. Breakfast was good and it was served until 10 am that was ok. Even though the bedroom was on the first floor and even it was in the middle of the city it was quiet. Maybe that is nearly any location in Venice if not at S. Marco itself because there are no cars or motorbikes driving along the narrow lanes. One can only walk or then take a waterbus or gondola or a boat or a ferry. There was a button for A/C in the room but it did not operate. So, I opened the window and got in some fresh air to my tiny space. On Sunday morning I woke up with church bells that was very pleasant. Lovely city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Locanda al Gambero welcomes guests with the cordial and typically Venetian atmosphere created by our professional and courteous staff, and together with our well-lit and spacious rooms, we offer our guests the best hotel stay available in Venice. The reception desk is open 24 hours a day, available to provide you with all the information you need to explore the city. In the lobby, guests can pick up fliers and brochures about shows and events in Venice, and make reservations for tours and guided excursions. All spaces in the hotel are immaculately kept, and we offer the best services available among the 3 star hotels of Venice. Guests of the hotel Antica Locanda al Gambero can take advantage of the internet corner (free internet access), major daily newspapers, sitting room and television for those moments of relaxation and socializing, and the lovely breakfast room, with its classic lead glass windows. The continental buffet, with its pastries and salads, includes Venetian sweets and traditional Italian coffee drinks (espresso, cappuccino, etc.) Served at your table. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Antica Locanda al Gambero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antica Locanda Al Gambero Hotel Venice
- Antica Locanda Al Gambero Venice