$289
  • Restaurant
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$188
$175
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
$331
Agoda.com
$810
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvenetian furniturelovely coffeeshort walkshort staylong weekendfamily roomshower curtainprivate bathroomoverlooking the canalstay in venice
Reviewed October 7, 2013

for the budget conscious, this is a SECRET FIND!
less than a 10 minute walk to the main train and vaporetto station, in itself is a bonus.
so near campo santa margherita which is as near as you can get to REAL VENICE LIFE as you mingle with the locals!
one of the best hot chocolates i have ever had which they make for you during breakfast!
the staff were great, especially ada who makes breakfast!
will only stay here when we return soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank weezaweezer
Basilea5, Direttore at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for the nice review you shared with the readers of Tripadvisor and with us.
We are really glad to hear how was enjoyable and pleasant your experience at Hotel Basilea, discovering typical venetian places and taking delight from our breakfast: Ada was very flattered by your words of appreciation for her always smiling service, and wants to send you many thanks, as all our staff members want to return you the warmest greetings.
Renewing our thanks for sharing your pleasant stay, we look forward to welcome you again here with us in a near future.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Excellent location -close to waterbus and station.
Our room was clean had air condition, the king-size bed with clean, nice white linen sheets was comfortable. The bathroom was also very clean.
There was Plenty to eat at breakfast.... with lovely fresh hot tea served in a teapot.....
All The Staff at hotel Basilea were extremely pleasant, sociable and happy to help.us.
One criticism.... and this is for the Owner of hotel....
to replace the picture in the bedroom or re-decorate the wall where it hung as it's absence is very noticeable, also the ceiling rose above the chandelier needs attention.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Basilea5, Direttore at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,
We have been so happy and grateful to receive your attentive review, accompanied with useful advises that will surely allow us to improve our hotel service.
You saw that a review doesn't accurately reflect the real aspect of a place: you enjoyed what you got, and you booked exactly what you sought; other guests, unfortunately, making a reservation for the Hotel Basilea Dependance (which is an economy lower category solution, having basic rooms), then expect to be allocated at the main bulding, a three stars with a higher cost.
The entire staff wants to send you thankful regards for the nice words you used to describe their work, and was very pleased that you appreciated our tasty breakfast.
We look forward for a your possible return at our hotel, also to see if we will have followed properly your advises.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I found this gem hotel in Venice in a crazy (fully booked almost everywhere) Saturday night. I was lucky; the bed is so comfy, the interior is different..kind of Victorian, the location is the best and the service above all is great and the people at the reception are very polite compared to many other places in Venice. Highly Recommended Hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Basilea5, Direttore at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for a really nice review you shared on TripAdvisor.
The description you do about the hotel interior and the pleasant behaviour of our staff members infinitely flatters us, and your recommendation testifies the true satisfaction you have tried at our Hotel Basilea (and, if i remember correctly, you were in the room 135).
Hoping to have the chance to welcome you again, always with the usual politeness.
Meanwhile, Warmest Regards.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am satisfied about more or less everything! My expectations before my trip was neutral. I read so many negative reactions in forehand I really could not expect to be true...
-The Hotel was for me: Nice and cosy with a "retro-feeling"
-The location was excellent for my my visite: Close to bus-stop and the railway station with all the vaporettos close (200-300m) and easy to find!
-The room was small but excellent for my needs to sleep in a really quiet surrounding - 100% quiet during all nights!
-The personnel was excellent and very helpful and friendly!!!
-The cleening service was perfect! Cleening every day!
-The brekfast was not super for me... But that has nothing to do with the hotel. This has to do with what I am used to. I don´t eat sweet things in the morning, nutella and white bread. I also want fo.i. AllBran and dark full corn bread and real juice...
-The "modern world" with TV and Internet has not completely landed in Venice. Generally many problems with WiFi and Television... But I had not come to Venice to look at TV nor surf on the internet...
This Years Venice Biennale was great! ;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your sincere review with all the readers of TripAdvisor and with us, reading gladly your appreciation for the hotel.
On the whole, You have listed many of our qualities: the particular and quiet atmosphere of the building, the excellent and convenient location, the pleasant and gentle attitude of our staff members, the careful cleanness of rooms and common areas.
Concerning the breakfast, as you noted too, is a continental kind of meal, and in Italy we like to eat especially sweet foods during the morning; we know these facts, and that each country has their own tastes, hence we are trying to supplement the offer with salty foods, in order to satisfy every culinary needs.
Finally, we read with pleasure that you appreciated this edition of Biennale contemporary art festival: we hope that, for the next opening, you will decide to choose our hotel again, for a ever welcome stay here with us.
Best Regards.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My europe trip is from London, Paris, Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Rome with my girlfriend.

I booked all the hotels in different cities and this is the worst.
1) I booked for queen bed and I got two beds with separate showers.
2) Noisy: Walls are thin and can hear other people whispering in next rooms. We cannot sleep because next room is signing really loud at midnight.
3) Dirty: bedsheet are not clean. Stayed 2 days. 2nd day, we don't get new sheet. I don't know bedsheets are dirty or bedbugs.. i got bites everywhere. Also, I spent a couple of hours killing mosquitos so we can sleep.
4) Unfriendly: we are tired from the trip and checked in late to the hotel like 7pm. The lady is pretty unfriendly on explaining things.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin Y
Basilea5, Direttore at Hotel Basilea, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Client,
It's with a great disappointment that we read this kind of review full of sourness and of yours mistakes too.
First of all, it's clear that you are not able to book a hotel (the next time, ask for help to a travel agency): you booked (differently than what you say) a twin room with shared bathroom, therefore equipped with separate beds and not a queen one (you should revise the meaning of the word "twin"), and external shower and toilette (detail specifically written on your booking, of course) . Moreover, the room is in the Hotel Basilea Dependance, so your intervention is even in the wrong TripAdvisor page.
Then, if you have had some problems with the noise of your neighbours or with mosquitos, you could inform the hotel staff who manages the reception 24h per day: you have made no complaint about that, directly and in front of us (behind a computer screen we are all capable, right?).
Simply a slanderous, shameful and false declaration the one you make on our cleanness: there are no bed bugs in our rooms, and since we are using this kind of tone, i want to tell that you, and not our hotel sheets, had the bugs. I'm just insinuating, as you made with our property, that you brought your imaginary bugs from the other structures you stayed in Italy and in the rest of Europe.
I want to use this response assuring to our customer that the Dependance hasn't bedbugs or dirty sheets absolutely.
Concerning the dislike, try to look your image in a mirror, and then give yourself a reply.
Regards.