“I whould say Wow !!!”
Review of Hotel Bridge

Hotel Bridge
Ranked #248 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Hotel Bridge was a very nice hotel.... I liked it so much becoz the staff was really helpful. As soon as I enter the warm welcome given by the receptionist boy was really pleasing.... I think that is what we all need after a busy tour...... I am really thankful for the hotel management for having such a well trained reception staff....The rooms were in good condition......

One good thing I found was the staff is very active, when ever we need assistance the reception is always with some good solutions . I stayed 2 days(Oct 3rd Thursday and 04th Friday ) and I still recall my memories.... I would like to definitely come to this hotel during may for my next vacation. I feel this hotel suites me a lot.. I too recommend this hotel for other guest as well....I will be definitely visiting this hotel with my family beocz I find it more safer that other hotel.

Breakfast was fresh with lot of choices.... One thing I forgot to mention that's about the bathrooms. they were always cleaned with a nice smell always....and the reception guy used to always ask when we leave the hotel was everything fine and he was capable of finding our requirements and act then and there.......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Paulo S

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at The Bridge Hotel weekend of the 13th September 2013, excellent location, just a 2 minute walk from the water taxi point at San Marco. The location of this hotel is excellent not far away from St Marks square but surrounded by good bars and restaurants and not as expensive as those surrounding St Marks. Please remember Venice is horrendously expensive so whilst the cost per night for a room in this hotel may seem a lot of money compared to UK hotels in Venice we thought this was reasonable. The rooms are very small, we had room 10 and you could just about walk around the bed but beware you don't stub your toes on the feet of the bed. The bathroom was minute, I am a curvy size 14 and if I had been any bigger I would have struggled to fit in the shower :))) The bed was very comfortable and the sheets brilliant white, there was only 1 small flat pillow each but when we requested 2 more they were there waiting for us on our return. The rooms have flat screen TV but we only found one English speaking channel and that was showing re runs of the USA late show but hey you are in Venice for the sights and not to lay in bed watching TV. The towels were clean and the bathroom was spotless. The reception staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast is of a continental style, yoghurts, cereals, bread rolls,croissants and ham. The coffee as delicious!!!! If you are used to 5 star luxury the not the place for you but if you want a friendly clean hotel room in which to sleep then this is ideal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KateReddy66
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a brilliant place to stay. It was within easy walking distance to many attractions. The staff were pleasant and most helpful. Everywhere was clean with brilliantly white towels and bed linen. Breakfast was available in a small area with freshly brewed tea, coffee, hot milk etc. The entrance, staircase and landing were nicely decorated and had murano lampshades. The only thing that let this hotel down was our room (No 3). It was small, there wasn't anywhere to sit other than the bed and there wasn't a mirror in the bedroom. Other rooms that we saw were bigger and had more furniture etc. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The bathroom was small and a bit of a struggle but it seems most of them are in this hotel. There were toiletries and a hair dryer which was unexpected. Mini fridge but no safe. However we kept our valuables with us throughout our trip and didn't feel we were at risk. THe hotel was full most of the 4 nights we were there. We were with friends at this hotel and their experiences about their room (No 7) were totally different.

Room Tip: Avoid room 3
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Bridge hotel. From the water taxi just off St Marco Sq, it was just a few minutes walk- so for the money, it was an ideal location. We had a room with a shared bathroom and it was always spotless, the room was small but perfectly adequate and also very clean. Our hosts were very helpful and catered to all of our needs, including restaurant reservations and gondola ride and in no way pushed us towards a certain company/ provider- so highly professional.
Venice is an expensive city and other reviewers seem to forget this, so this hotel is the perfect position from which to explore the city and charges a reasonable price based on these factors.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrc1g09
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were greeted by a friendly woman who got us into our rom before check in, as we had a wedding to get ready for.
Yes the rooms are small but how much time do you really want to spend there when you have Venice to explore? They are also beautifully decorated with a wooden ceiling.
I agree a large person would struggle to fit in the shower or sit on the toilet.
This is a cosy and affordable hotel in a brilliant location and we would definitely stay here again when returning to Venice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nawsl
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I would not recommend anyone to stay here. I wanted to leave straight away, but had to bare it and spent most of the day outside.
Breakfast was stale, not fresh and seemed like flies were also hungry.
W were also introduced to the murano glass tour which was a way to make money from the guests staying at the hotel. The staff provided us with a map but no other transport help.

Cheap room layout, small and tacky.
Best thing about the place was the location.
Stay away! Better places in Venice.

Room Tip: Cannot recommend anything.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sm148
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel after visiting Rome and Florence. We found the lady at this hotel, quite strange.

On arrival we were given a map and immediately shown a leaflet to go on some Murano Glass tour for 20 euros which didn't really interest us, as we had plans already. She was a little bit persistent because she revisited this topic the same evening when we saw her. We also asked her the cheapest way to get to the airport as we were flying back in a couple of days and she said "60 euros" taxi! After asking her of other ways to travel, she said nothing else. We mentioned the vaporeto and she said 'ah, yes but they are busy". In my opinion, they can get busy but they cost 7 euro each way and always have seating.

The man at the newsagent was more helpful than this lady! We purchased a 15 euro airport (airlaguna) ticket from him. Highly recommened from the local stop which is 'san zakaria'. It does take 1 hour to get to airport but great. I felt she tried to con us in many ways, rather than showing tourists easy and cheaper ways.

Room was small, tiny shower but clean.

Excellent location to St marks square and nice shops around.

Breakfast- watch out for the flies!

Wifi- should cost 8 euros for 24 hrs in Venice but the lady charges 6 euros for 6 hours, 11 euros for 12 hours. 1 hour, 2 euros. I bought this 1 hour package and after using it for 30 mins it cut off. Reason is, if you don't log out then even if you use 1 min, it takes 5 mins away. Be careful! It should be free anyway!

Overall, paid 220 euros for 2 nights because booked last minute, but I would try elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sweeth
hotelbridge, Responsabile reception at Hotel Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for your review and we are sorry that you did not appreciate our service!
We just want to inform you that the Reception of our hotel for over 20 years give its guests information on how to visit the city in the most economical, although enjoying the best services!
The excursion to which it refers to is an example! Saves time and money taking advantage of a very well organized and request! For this reason, we asked you if you want to participate in the evening before, in order to avoid to lose the place!
As for the methods of attaining to and from the airport the private taxi is the faster way which costs about 100 € and not 60 € as you write, the less expensive and more crowded is Public transportation . Our recepion describe the 2 possibilities and then it is up to the customer the choice!
Following your review we also see that you don't like the economic standard room, but even more sorry that it has not noticed that in the " last minute" price you paied was included beyond the continental breakfast also a buffet of sweet and salted things!!!
In order to conclude the wi fi was used until the last minute like we have illustrated to you at our front desk ( we show you the connections)!
Hoping to have answered all your questions, we are available for any clarification!