“Comfortable and quiet”

Ranked #353 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Brisbane, Australia
“Comfortable and quiet”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

The reviews are harsh. I found room 106 very clean and comfortable. There are a few small defects but they outweigh the location and the charm at the lower than usual price. Go for a room with an ensuite. The share bathrooms are probably the cause of these complaints.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Have never felt compelled to write a review until I stayed here. Though the front desk staff was nice and the bathrooms were acceptable, there were bugs all over the room and the sheets and towels were dirty and smelled bad. Even for the price, it's not worth it

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ben A

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

southampton
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 night over New Year's Eve. We thought the location was very good and the price was reasonable (we paid around £300 for 3 nights). The hotel was very basic and met are needs, but do not expect any luxuries. However on our 1st night we had an ant infestation and when we asked to move rooms the staff member on reception was very dismissive and unhelpful, he told us he was going to mop the floor to solve the problem. When we said this was not acceptable he sighed and left to see what he could do,he returned with a new room key offering no apology or help for us to move rooms. I have since emailed the hotel twice to ask for an explanation and have not received a response.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stacey-soton
West
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Absolutely terrible!! The place was run-down, old and so dirty. The rooms were teeny and barley enough room to sit normally on the toilet. The staff - horrible. We asked for a 6am wake-up call to catch the train (because our phones would not sync properly with the time difference) but no one ever called. When I went downstairs to leave, the hotel was locked and I could not get out! The staff was sleeping on the back couch. The WI-FI did not work - even though it was "supposed" to work in the rooms. The shower had no shower head but only the spout - so we had to splash water on us and bend in half to get wet. I accidentally booked a single room but there was two of us. I understand this was my fault and totally an oversight on my part - but the hotel was no help to the situation by any means. They made us book another single room (which we did not even step foot into) just for principle sake. That part was Ok, because i understand they have rules, but they pretty much made no effort to be understanding or sympathetic to the situation. Worse hotel experience ever! Venice on the other hand was beautiful - and if i could cancel that reservation that night and not loose my money I would have rather slept on the street! On the bright side - my husband and i made it through the night sleeping on a twin bed - first for everything. The ONLY positive thing about it - it was a great location...but, venice is small and any hotel in venice is a good location in my opinion.

Room Tip: I would say that any hotel in Venice is a good location. Everything is very walkable. Don't pick...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mariana L
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Overall average hotel but wasn't told in advance that breakfast was at another hotel 5 minutes walk away. This was poor 2 dry rolls and a cup of weak coffee. No hot water for 2 days couldn't report this at night as no one on reception so cold shower ugh!!. Wouldn't use this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank graysandge
Cascais, Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Hotel was good. There was almost no front desk service.
It is an average Hotel with a good location. Easy to get from train station, 15 min walk to St. Mark, far enough of the crowd.
I do recommend, as a 30 seconds walk from the Hotel there is one of the best Italian Restaurants I ever eat in Italy: Tratoria Dona Onesta.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank JPaschoal
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2013

It must be understood that Venice is not cheap to stay in. Nevertheless I thought the rate here was somewhat extortionate considering the rooms were not what I would describe as clean, the location was okay but not superb and the staff had the unmistakable whiff of superiority. If you hadn't already worked it out I did not think Hotel Iris met my standards of what a hotel should be. Nevertheless Venice is gorgeous, and well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple