The wife and I stayed at Hotel Malibran during our three-day stay in Venice last September. Here's the low down:
1.Awesome location. It's relatively near Rialto but hidden in a courtyard so you don't get to hear the noise of the mob. It's a quiet area.
2. The breakfast choices were cold cuts, bread, juice, cereals, tea and coffee. You also get to have breakfast in the courtyard, which was so cool.
3. The people behind the counter were nice and very helpful.
1. Mosquitoes. Not just one. In fairness to them, the hotel provided a device that you plug in to an outlet to keep them at bay, but then you would have to give up a very scarce resource where you can charge your gadgets.
2. No free power outlets (available only to TV and Ref)
3. Tiny bathroom. Not small; tiny.
4. No separation between the shower area and the rest of the bathroom so the floor tends to get all wet.
5. Tacky rooms. The color is gloomy mint green. The bed headboard seems dirty and desperately needs repainting. (admittedly, this is bordering on nitpicking).
6. Weak Aircon (Room 303)
7. 15" CRT TV. What the heck!
8. Pay-per-use internet... but there's a nearby open wifi connection that you can connect to.
Will I come back? Based on my experience, maybe not. The tacky rooms I can deal with, but the mosquitos and the lack of power outlets is something they should address first.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Malibran reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malibran Hotel Venice