“Last minute booking for 3 nights”
Review of Hotel Diana

Hotel Diana
Ranked #270 of 385 Hotels in Venice
“Last minute booking for 3 nights”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Two room unit with double bed in each room, which was great for a family of 4. You usually cannot find accommodation in Europe for families. Price was right at 200/night. That is very good in Venice. My very favorite place in all the places I have visited in Europe and Canada. I have been back 3 times. Great location for hotel...Can walk to everything, and can take boat for low cost everywhere else.

Stayed July 2006, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
mississippi
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice - once about five years ago with mother and sister, and when I took my husband to Venice two years ago I booked there again because of the wonderful location - just steps of St Marks square. Yes the rooms are small, breakfast sparse, clerks not overly friendly. Rooms old, but clean. Bathtub fine. Rooms small, but this describes economy rooms all over Europe. I was just reading reviews before booking my sister and her friends there for a stay and was shocked at all the bad ones. I thought the place had really gone down, but then I saw most of the posts are older than my last stay, so had to give the other side of the coin.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
cleveland
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed for one night before a cruise. Arrived at the hotel after a overnight flight from Philadelphia. Caught the Venzia bus from the Airport to the Piazzole Roma-5 Euros for 2. Then we caught the red line to Rialto (another 5 euros) and it was about a 10 minute walk. Depending on time of day this may be a better choice than San Marco due to tidal flooding. I have talked to other travelors who spent up to 125 Euros for same trip in water taxi. So pack light and with wheels and enjoy a great dinner instead!
The front desk kept our luggage since our room was not ready. They had a restroom we freshened up in. The location is perfect. If you get lost ,follow the signs back to San Marco and your hotel is a minute away! On our return, our luggage had been placed in our room.
Our room was small with 2 twins pushed together. We had a window which overlooked a courtyard. You will have to leave your roomcard at front desk when you go out. I guess you can't lose it that way! A small bathroom with (very interesting) hair dryer. Your appliances will not work unless you have adaptors. The air was off for the season but room was very comfortable and quiet. A lovely breakfast with choice of caffine =) and breads with spreadable cheese and jams. Included with hotel rate. I paid 12 Euros at hotel in Mestre for same breakfast post cruise. They held our luggage for us while we explored Venice till it was time to leave for the Marritima. You cannot buy the same cheap one way tickets on water bus from San Marco or Rialto. I believe it was 6 Euros for a one hour ticket each. We spent 13 euros for a 12 hour and rode the bus around Venice and out to Murano and the Lido. We considered it a cheap tour. Then we fetched our bags and headed back to Rialto to catch the bus to Piazzole Roma where we caught our shuttle to the ship.
This hotel was reasonably priced for Venice, centrally located, clean and accomadating. We are here for the scenery, right! Enjoy your stay, we did!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Annzhanz
Dublin
Reviewed September 13, 2009

comfort Diane Hotel 2* is EXCELLENT. 150 paces from St Mark's Bascillica it is a most friendly clean hotel with Internet Access and Laptop supplied with free usage. Well worth a stay. Marie - Ireland

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We were traveling with 3 people so we need more space than most. We were in room 104 and the room was small. The staff was very nice. As long as you understand that the room will be small this hotel is in a great location. The worst part of this room was the shower head was at my throat level and I am 5'8" so you had to lean way over to wash your hair. The breakfast was good each morning.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Do follow the directions as posted in previous review. I found using the Best Western sign as my landmark most helpful. Look down the side streets for the sign and you're almost there.

This is a great hotel, especially for the rate compared to other Venetian hotels. The hotel and my room were both very clean and pleasantly decorated in traditional Venetian decor. There was an elevator available and easy stair access. The bathroom was average sized for two star hotel in Europe.

I found the desk staff to be very accommodating and helpful when I needed a referral to a store to pick up a new travel power adaptor. Also helpful when I needed to print a document for next portion of my trip.

They do have free wifi for both your own laptop and will loan you a laptop if you just want to sign on in the lobby. Ask for the password at the front desk. When you open your browser, after your computer cycles through all of the wifi signals it can receive, when you open your browser you should be able to enter the password info. If this is not the case, type in 1.1.1.1/login.cgi and it will take you to log in area. They do have a two hour per password limit so keep this in mind should you think you will need to be on a conference call or otherwise on the internet for more than two hours consecutively. They never hesitated to give me additional chits w/ passwords as I requested the same.

The breakfast was nothing fancy, but wonderful coffee and fresh orange juice, and enough breads to hold you over until your first big meal of the day. I opted to carry mine to my room so I could work while I ate my breakfast and they were very accommodating.

There is a bit of noise from neighboring restaurant crowds until about midnight and then all was quiet. If you need a window view be sure to ask for it. I did not have one but that did not concern me as I only slept and worked in the room, staying outside as much as possible.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Yorkshire
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Ok so this place is not the Danieli but unless you can afford to stay at one of the super swanky hotels in and around Venice then you are probably travalling on a budget. And why do you come to Venice? To lounge around your hotel all day or to sight see and soak up the atmosphere? The hotel is basic and clean and the room we stayed in was pretty small BUT is in a FANTASTIC location and for around 100 dollar/120 euro a night price you will waste a lot of time trying to find a better location.

Less than a minute's walk from St Mark's square so you won't be spending hours ferrying yourself around on water buses. There is a fantastic bar, little more than a counter, in the next street where they serve amazing campari cocktails at a fraction of the price of the bars on the proper square.

Breakfast was pretty basic and not great but you can grab coffee and pastries from the cafes round the corner if you are not satisfied.

Down sides - on the firest night we let the porter direct us to a restaurant which was over priced and truly awful and ranks as the only bad meal I have ever had in Italy.

Top tips - buy the most up to date Venice guide you can find before you arrive and pick restaurants and bars from that. Following that method we had 3 fantastic meals for the rest of our stay at not ridiculous prices.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple