“Fair price with fair service”

Foresteria Valdese Venezia
Ranked #35 of 225 Specialty Lodging in Venice
Reviewed October 22, 2013

According to the price rate, It's not bad with the service, room, atmosphere and breakfast.
If you don't mind about the room arrangement and service, I think it's quite reasonable price.

Moreover, the hotel was decorated in good style. There are piano and many old books for tourism in dinning room. For me, it's impressive.

Room Tip: Room on the second floor is good since it's closed to dinning room with free coffee machine and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Foresteria Valdese Venezia

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here because it turned out to be a great location, offering easy and interesting walks to San Marco, the Arsenale, the Ghetto, and the various wonders of Venice. It is true that it is not run like a Viennese five star hotel, but given the price, the location, and the very lovely rooms, I don't know what more I would want. The breakfast room is a bit monastic, but the selection of cereal, juice, yoghurt, etc., was just fine. The desk staff were very helpful with good recommendations of close-by eateries, and we loved exploring the neighborhood. I would definitely stay here again and will certainly check out the other Valdese-run inns in Italy....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ken k
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here because we wanted an authentic "Venezia" experience. Booked a canal room which was quirky & had charm but very run down. Breakfast in the large common room was pretty poor - only packeted fare. Quite difficult to find & seemed to cater for large school groups in the 'dorm' accomodation sections. Front desk staff not very helpful & not able to assist with 'picking up email' requests. Overpriced for standard but it seems so is everywhere in central Venice.

Room Tip: Canal view with ensuite.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank darrellhilton
Reviewed July 6, 2013

As rated in Fodor's, this place was very nice, and we felt that we were getting a good deal. Be aware, that the reception is not always open, so check their times on their website in advance. The place had a lot of teenage students in a group when we were there, but it was a good natured group. We ate breakfast in a large common room in which there was a fair amount of chatter and activity. Our room was on the mezzanine and we had a private shower/toilet. It was very sizeable for Italy. The room was not air-conditioned, but had a good fan. We enjoyed looking out on the canal, and watching a gull dive down to grab a rat. Take that you dirty rat.
It was a bit of a walk from San Marco, so be aware of this, but it was good to be far from the madding crowd while still located at the end of a lane from nearby Santa Maria Formosa, which was a lovely square with nighttime musicians and a place to have a nightcap. Enjoyed our stay here but be warned, they ask that you not drink alcohol or smoke on the premises. So, please be discrete if you decide to have a beer in your room.

Room Tip: Some rooms are merely shared areas. Be sure you know what you are booking. Also, if overlooking the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher A
ForesteriaVenezia, Direttore at Foresteria Valdese Venezia, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thanks Mr. Christopher for your feedback. In Foresteria we enjoy having couples, families and students coming to Venice for vacation, sightseeing or studing and visiting The Biennale of Arts; you got the essence: part of the experience is sharing the common Halls. We suggest people to visit our site, our Facebook page and please call us to find the best accomodation.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was an impromptu stop in my trip, arrived without any bookings guided by my LP, and boy was it worth the time lugging by backpack in the narrow lanes of Venice asking shop owners and locals to help me find this place.
I had spent a night in my sleeping bag on a railway station thanks to a misleading information on the railway sign which resulted in me ending up in Trieste instead of Venezia St.Lucia, so I really needed a good place to stay.
Once I arrived the lady at the reception was very helpful and informed of their policies, the cheapest room I could get was a dorm (don't remember how many beds, but definitely more than 6) and when I arrived at night, after a thoroughly exhausting day, I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was in a huge canal facing room with murals on all walls hiding behind the furniture and a fresco adoring the ceiling.
And the cherry on the top: I was the only person in the whole dorm!

Spent an amazing night admiring the art around me and the scene from the window.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Suhaib S
Reviewed November 21, 2012

The ratio services offered/price is poor: no table in the room, no support for the suitcases (they were lying on the floor), no wardrobe, no hairdryer in the bathroom (you may get one at the reception desk), reception personnel without any customer focus and no smile, self-service breakfast, you should clean the table yourself, no daily room service, before check-out you should take away the bed sheets and fold them, the blankets as well. On top, this lack of normal hotel services was expensive! Never again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I looked forward to staying in this place as we've booked a canal view room but once we reached the reception, we're sorely disappointed. We're greeted with sour face from the worker. Even the next day she showed us only sour face. However with others, she smile ever so brightly. I'm thinking this is a bit of a discrimination.

We were given a 3rd floor room and although it is facing a canal it is un-viewable unless you stick your neck out very far from the window. I don't think this is categorized as canal view room. Besides that there's a very narrow staircase to our room which gave both of us ladies trouble as our luggage are pretty heavy. Had a really horrendous time dragging our luggage up and down.

We got lost coming to this place as there are many turns however once you reach the location, you'll like it as the area is pretty quiet. Breakfast is good too. Our room is nice and the bathroom and toilet is clean too.

However for the price paid for a canal room but without an actual 'canal view', I think it's pretty expensive and we felt cheated. Plus with the rude staff attitude, I will not be going there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family