All reviews wet room the actual hotel double bed croissants pans hairdryer kitchenette square tourist crowd
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights was the most awful hotel ever stayed in worse than "fawlty towers"as the saying go's. The bathroom and bedroom you could not" swing a cat in", went to breakfast two mornings and both mornings had a chipped cup .The stairs was filthy and not been hoovered, really in need of a bit of love and tender care. The only good thing about it was the location which was great

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank chrispack
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Not help with the bags to the roms. NOT SERVICE MIND.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank CATE666
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I will only speak of my experience, not the rooms in the main hotel.

I reserved a room for three which they call their Suite Annex. AC and Wireless were advertised and I received neither. The Suite Annex which they also called a familly room is 8 Blocks from their main hotel. Upon arrival I quickly understood there was no AC. We called the main hotel and were promised assistance 2 hours later.

So we took a nap and showers and 3 hours later called again regarding the AC. Keep in mind this room was nothing but an apartment being used for large groups or families.

It was on the ground floor which was not so bad but considering it had no AC we waited patiently for help, as promissed, with the windows open and no screens.

3 Hours later the apartment was filled with flies and still no AC. We walked the 8 Venetian blocks over to the main hotel to discuss the AC issue and then found out there was no wireless in our Suite but if we wanted it was had to walk the 8 blocks each time.

By front desk young Italian lady, who was nice enough upon check-in, was replaced by a rude african guy who basically blew us off. I menition African because he told me he could understand us because he was African. BS for sure.

We asked again about the AC and he now told us we had to wait another 5 hours for assistance and then he would try. He did his best to persuade us that no AC was the Venetian way.

When I asked for a business card or the name and email of the hotel manager he played dumb and tried again to blow us off.

That was it! I walked across the street, found a better room with AC and wireless with a room in the hotel, not 8 block away.

I immediately emailed Hotels.com and advised I was not checking in and that the listing in their website was wrong. I had been mislead. I am sure I will have to fight for a refund but I am not big on getting screwed.

Beware of this hotel. That first pic has nothing to do with the hotel and when they say city views, you can see the building 8 feet away.

I would not recommend this hotel at all. It is one thing to have to accept different amenitites that you might be expecting but it is another completely when you are getting taken advantaged.

Stay away! You can do better.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank FrankieJames
Reviewed April 29, 2011

We stayed at the Pantalon for 2 nights over Easter and payed a whopping 200 Euro per night. We are usually lower class travelers, frequenting (nice) hostels and budget hotels, but due to our late plans and lack of available rental cars, we had to take the cheapest option in Venice (other available options were 300+ Euros). For the price, and according to the reviews, we at least expected a nice hotel.
The location is not bad, a short walk from a waterbus station and in a central area with an abundance of restaurants and bars. As most (probably all) Venice hotels, it is in a tight and very old building without an elevator, which could be expected. The room was tiny with hardly any room to open your suitcase, but even that was expected. Our complaints come from the rest of the amenities/facilities.
Starting with the cleanliness, the room was way under par. There were cobwebs on the lamps, it was dusty, and there was a bar of soap (not far) under the bed. The bathroom wasn't cleaned well on the second morning of our stay. Even the sheets were less than perfectly cleaned.
The bathroom was spacey (almost as big as the rest of the room) but there was no shower curtain, so taking a shower flooded the floor. At first there was no water pressure, because the hose from the faucet to the showerhead had numerous holes. After complaining, it was changed, fixing the pressure problem, but it should have been done before we came in. I'll remark that this is a 5 euro hose, nothing fancy, and it was obviously broken long before but never replaced.
The bathroom problems continued the second morning when after showering we found out we were given tiny towels instead of regular bath towels like we were given the day before.
There was a television in the room - actually a computer monitor - but there was no remote control and I was unable to turn it on manually, making me suspect that it too was dysfunctional. Being in Venice we didn't need tv, so I didn't complain to the receptionist.
The beds were two singles pushed together with separate sheets and douvets. They were on wheels and so separated when lying in the middle. "luckily", the room was too small to have the gap wide enough to fall into :).
And then comes the breakfast. It was horrid. Terrible coffee (in Italy!). You actually had to pay an extra 3-4 euros for an egg! The night before we payed 65 Euros in Verona (hotel brandoli) and had a great breakfast. Why can't they at least match the quality when charging over 3 times as much?
I forgot to mention that the ancient plumbing meant you had to wait 2-3 minutes between toilet flushes. We complained about this and were told that that's how it is in Venice. The staff was okay. The lady there on the first night was nice and recommended places to eat, etc. But the guy there on the second night was very unhelpful.
To summarize-choose a different hotel when staying in Venice. This place would have been acceptable at 50 euros a night, but for 200 euros this was a dump!

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank hadidas
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The Pantalon is situated within two minutes of the water ferries operating the Grand canal, a must for sightseers..(San Toma terminal).We had our bedroom cleaned and fresh towels daily.The continental breakfast was good with the option of an extra "pay for" menu.The dinning room like the hotel was small and quaint with very helpful staff.The safe was even free for a small refundable deposit.Restaurants and bars in abundance nearby.
The downside....you can sometimes hear people making their way home at night from bars, but I reckon thats the same in most quarters.Our bathroom was small,having to place your feet in the shower when on the loo,so if your fussy, book elsewhere,but we`d go back here again,in fact we intend too.
We travelled Ryan Air,coached it to Venice no problem.However, arriving in darkness and having to walk across Venice to the hotel (as no motor transport ie Taxis) was daunting,but safe.Please get hold of a LARGE MAP prior to leaving,its a MUST,everyone gets lost through the maze of alleys and walkways that is Venice.Another tip....when leaving by coach,unlike on arrival(paying on the coach), you must get a coach ticket.This is not from their main office in the square, but across the road at the ATVO office.Another tip...dont book a hotel out of city area,you`ll take too long getting in and out each day.We are so pleased we picked Pantalon.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple