“Authentic and Enjoyable”

Neighborhood: San Polo
Brisbane, Australia
“Authentic and Enjoyable”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

An authentic Italian restaurant, just a few minutes from the Rialto and yet not a tourist hot spot. We make a rule to try and eat where there is no English on the menu. Despite this the staff made a real effort to help us and they did well. Simple and tasty menu, quality wine and cosy restaurant. Be brave and give it a whirl!

• Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Reading, United Kingdom
“Excellent cicchetti (Venetian tapas)”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stumbled across this on a very rainy day in Venice and spent a very pleasant afternoon working our way through plates of very tasty cichetti washed down with vino. This is a very small friendly establishment with jazz music playing in the background. We felt that we'd found the real Venice. Well worth a visit and certainly made us feel a lot better on a soggy day.

• Visited May 2013
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing to find such value so close to Rialto precinct”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Enjoyed come cicchetti and wine here with friends one Saturday night. It had a great vibe, interesting decor and a warm atmosphere. Since it was filled with locals too I would recommend a visit.

• Visited November 2012
“RIP-OFF!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

They were unclear at time of order and brought us bread that we did not ask for, but then charged us for. I will NEVER go there again.

Santa Barbara, CA
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I went here because she found this little gem back in 1997 where locals would go and you would walk in - no menu, the owner would just prepare whatever he had in the kitchen that day. It appears that time has changed this since there are now charming handwritten menus.

The restaurant is very small, but has a very old and charming feel to it. When you find it and see it from the outside, it's like you stepped back in time when small restaurants like this existed for the people who lived in the neighborhood. The restaurant only has maybe 12 -14 seats, but when we were there a couple of locals stood at the counter to enjoy some wine and food. Inside the restaurant is just as charming. There is a small counter/bar where various types of crostini are displayed. Small square tables are close together which gives you a cozy feeling. The decor is eclectic and fits right in.

I loved the handwritten menu. It's not extensive, but there are definitely a lot of good options. We started with the mixed crostini plate and a glass of prosecco which was a great way to start off. I would recommend trying the crostini. I had the spaghetti with pesto and baby tomatoes which was wonderful.

I think overall the quaintness, food and ambiance makes this one of my favorite restaurants. I would definitely go back because it's not like the other restaurants you see in Venice. Like I said in the beginning, it's definitely a gem..almost worth keeping it a secret for the people who appreciate this kind of place.

1 Thank TravelGirlAdventures