“Avoid if you can. Rip off.”
Review of All'Aquila

All'Aquila
Ranked #1,205 of 1,461 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was near our hotel. The decor looks really nice from the outside - but don't be fooled! The food is ok, but WAY overpriced. Meat platter (starter) consisted of about 15 slices of salami, Parma ham etc and a tiny bit of salad, for 15 euros. Main courses also too small. Pasta is probably the best value. Side orders (chips) cost 5 euros extra and you hardly get any. I don't often leave bad reviews but in this case I was really disappointed with this meal - it had the potential to ruin a special occasion. Don't give them your custom.

1  Thank sthmcr

Reviewed December 5, 2012

First, this is in the Cannaregio area not San Marco and there is a second listing for it under All'Aquila. I ate at this restaurant with a group of 8 other people. Our waiter spoke fluent English and was very attentive and the food was "OK" although the portions were smaller than most of the other restaurants where we had eaten while in Italy. The problems began when the bill came and we had been charged 45 euros for a bottle of wine (we had drunk 3 bottles). We had requested red wine but failed to specify house wine (we had been doing this same thing for the previous week while in Italy and was always given the house wine). Our waiter had shown us a "local" wine and asked if it was alright, never mentioning that it was 45 euros. He also did not point out that the fish was priced based on weight and that the smallest amount of sea bass that you could get was 300 grams making it 24 euros rather than the 8 euros listed on the menu, although truthfully the menu did list it as 8 euro per 100 grams. We all felt that we had been taken advantage of, including our tour guide, but there was little we could do about the situation other than warn other to be careful of what you order if you go to this restaurant. There is an excellent restaurant just across the street from this one than has seating on the canal and a fixed price menu that is only 15 euros with a liter of house wine for 14 or 15 euros, wonderful staff and sparkling clean restrooms! I highly recommend it....Ristorante Trattoria Povoledo.

4  Thank OSUPT74
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Food bland and watched as the waiter bullied two Japanese men into ordering certain dishes and utterly appalled when the waiter said he was from Japan too and pulled the corner of his eye to 'prove' it. My god, I didn't believe these people still existed. Set an example by staying away. Please!.

6  Thank Silkroaders
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Decor was very nice in washed out antique design. The staff were friendly and the wine was very good.
We had the "Tourist Menu" something I never normally do, and something I won't do gain. The pasta was too aldente for my husband, who is mediteraenean I didn't mind it too much. I then had Escalope in lemon sauce with salad, The lemon sauce was all corn starch, and the veal was very small. Not bad, a mediocre meal, nothing to write home about.

1  Thank Pensionerposter
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stay in Venice every year but until this visit had not been to this restaurant. Unfortunately being tired my usual 'rip-off radar' was on the blink. Too bad -caveat emptor indeed.
Yes the food was very good however you really do pay for the friendly waiter - who despite being chatty couldn't tell us how much our bill would be - and 89 euro for a two course meal for two with some very mediocre wine was way over the top. So be warned. This restaurant advertises a 'tourist menu' outside and if you are on a budget make sure you stick to that - otherwise best avoid. There are plenty of other good places to eat all along this street.

1  Thank Bloobird