Hotel Messner
$221
$286
$250
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
$326
$226
$124
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$158
$153
All reviewssalute stopsalute churchmain hotelthe hotel's restaurantpeggy guggenheimpleasant hotelgrand canalbreakfast was includedaccademia bridgehambeds were comfortablesmall canalexcellent locationnice breakfastaway from the hustle and bustlecroissantsnice room
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Hotel Messner is a small hotel located in several separate structures in the Dorsoduro neighborhood of Venoice. The location is wonderful - removed from the crowds, but with easy access via the Grand Canal, which is located a couple blocks from the hotel. For our first night, we stayed in recently renovated room that was small, but clean and comfortable. The desk clerk was very helpful. The second night we had to move to a non-renovated room that was not as clean or comfortable. The second room was on the first level and had a lot of street noise.

Hotel Messner serves many large groups and the hallways and restaurant can be crowded and noisy, depending on the group. We experieice a group of 40 teenagers - nuff said!

We had a very unfortunate experience upon checkout. The desk clerk on duty tried to charge us significantly more than the quoted price for our second night's room. This may have been the action of an individual clerk - and not the hotel management, which seemed very professional.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently renovated room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jstockham
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Messner with my friends for 3 nights. Despite all the bad reviews of the annex, I stayed in the annex and I found it to be very quiet and clean with a reasonably sized bathroom. The shower worked well (good water pressure and heat) and there were clean towels provided daily. We even had a towel heater! In our room we had a small but functional TV and a large wardrobe. The only thing I found to be unsatifactory with the room was that the shower doors did not shut properly and soaked the floor. One thing that this hotel does fall down on however is that the breakfast is quite basic with not much choice, and I wouldn't reccommend staying in the hotel to eat at night as the food, although edible, was not something to write home about. Also the location was execellent, close to vital sights within Venice and very quiet with hardly any noise. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Annex are quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emily S
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Turned out to be an ideal base away from the noise but ok for accessing the bus ferries at the nearby Salute ferry stop up and down the grand canal, spent 3 nights in room 25 with my wife on a KGB discount offer, self serve breakfast was the same daily but simple and tasty with sweetbread, croissants, pain au chocolat, cold sliced meats and cheese, yoghurt, cereal, coffee and juices. Staff were pleasant, busy and always working hard.
Our double bedroom was along the canal past the next hotel around the corner up on the 1st floor. It was adequate and tidy, cleaned daily, had an ensuite bathroom/shower but the 15" TV was out of place up on the wall and looked more like a pc monitor.
We didn't eat in the restaurant evenings as we tended to return back after 10pm .... with aching legs and feet, but would recommend this as an affordable low budget stay over.

Room Tip: Don't forget to take mosquito repellent !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke_O_Zade
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights and must tell it was very nice, easy and pleasant visit.
Location – is just perfect, 2 mins away from water taxi(Salute) and one water stop away from St Marco. It is also possible to walk around Venice from the hotel as it is situated not too far from major Venice attractions. What is important about location is that the hotel is very quiet at night time.
Breakfast- basic but decent. They serve lovely coffee, tea, water and juice. There is good selection of bread, cheese, cornflakes and meat. In addition you can also have lots of pastry and cakes. I am fussy eater and could find something to eat. I have noticed that products are re stoked during the service so you do not need to be afraid or rush to get breakfast as there is plenty of food even if you get there at 9.50am 10 mins before they finish serving.
During my stay I never had any problem with staff. All of them were very polite and extremely helpful at all time.
Rooms – have comfortable beds and are equipped with TV, hairdryer, towels, toiletries ect. My room was basic double bed but had everything I needed. Cleaner comes on a daily bases to make bed and change towels.
Over all considering prices in Venice it was very pleasant stay and I will recommend this hotel for everybody.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonNikita
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We didn't stay at this sweet looking hotel, but I am going to comment on the dinner service which we enjoyed in their attractive courtyard. Lovely evening setting, romantic, peaceful, delicious meal and carafe of house wine. And when the bill came, it was a pleasant surprise to see the modest total. A good choice in a fabulous city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple