Old house and beautiful reception area almost made up for shortcominings. A unique property.
1. Advertised as an Air Conditioned hotel, but centrally controlled and turned off most of the time. Staff would enthusiastically acknowledge our requests to turn on, but we experienced no perceptible change.
2. Room also had mosquitos, which would buzz by one's ear while sleeping in the night....never could figure out how they entered the room.
3. Wireless available, but note that receiption is best in common areas. (Those old stone walls prevail.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the poetry of Venice staying at an elegant Historic Residence, in the vicinity of San Marco Square, just a short distance from Riva degli Schiavoni and the ancient works of the Arsenal. Located in the characteristic Castello district, the Hotel La Residenza offers refined, comfortable lodgings at convenient prices.The rooms at this 2 star Hotel in Venice are quiet and attentively renovated, located in the prestigious 15th century Gritti-Badoer Palazzo. This residence, which once belonged to noble Venetian families, stands out for its elegant Gothic-Byzantine architecture and finely restored interiors, featuring period furnishings and 18th century paintings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel La Residenza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residenza Hotel