Hotel Galleria
Hotel Colombina(Venice)
$186
$180
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$391
  • Room Service
$809
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsaccademia bridgesilver trayeach morninggrand canalcroissantsbreakfast served in our roomgreat locationvaporetto stopshared bathroomthere is no air conditioningwalls are thinsmall hotelboat traffictiny roomeasy accesscharming hotelcanal view
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco CA
Reviewed May 25, 2006

We stayed here on May 11 2006 in one of the rooms (8 or 10, I don't recalll which) which is considered one of the bigger rooms with a view of the canal. Although the room is a good size, be aware that construction is going on right outside the windows that open onto the canal. The double paned windows do a good job of shutting noise out, but the construction is not the view we wanted. also, in 2 wks of touring Italy, this was one of the softer mattresses we encountered. Breakfast is brought to your room, which is a nice touch. The location is very close to the Guggenheim, and for the price, it's ok. The owners are very helpful and friendly.

15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 25, 2006

Stayed at hotel Galleria for second time in May 2006. The first was in October 2004. Great service, excellent price for location on Grand Canal. Luciano and Stefano and their staff are top notch-helpful, friendly, and make you feel welcome in Venice. My first visit, I left my wedding ring in the room by mistake. In a panic I returned to my room to find it carefully placed on the bathroom counter. Had that happened in the USA, I doubt I would still have my ring! I will always stay here as long as Luciano & Stefano run Hotel Galleria!

• Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank tiggerlovesitaly
Reviewed May 21, 2006

Like many Italian hotels, Hotel Galleria's rooms are tiny. The linens as well as the decor seem ancient (although amusingly enough, they do add to the authenticity and charm factor), and the bathroom is so small no two people could fit into it! Thankfully, everything was spotlessly clean.

What makes the Hotel Galleria a GEM is the view. We threw our shutters open and found we were looking out directly onto the Grand Canal. Every evening the sounds of the canal as well as the singing of the performer on the Accademia Bridge lulled us to sleep. Our favorite part of the day was crawling into bed and listening to the sounds of Venice! The Hotel's location at the foot of the Accademia is incredible. A few steps across the bridge and you are only a 10-minute walk to St. Mark's!

Our favorite restaurant was a recommendation from the front desk. After dinner, we wandered off the beaten path, got lost, and truly felt we "got" the essence of Venice.

Breakfast was served every morning to us in bed. Granted, the meal was simple - tea, juice, croissants. However, it was a nice touch to watch morning traffic on the canal while sipping our tea!

Stayed: May 2006
17  Thank helyn32
Reviewed April 28, 2006

Just got back from a 3 day trip to Venice (Easter 2006) and think the Galleria is great value for money. Yes, small rooms but they're long and skinny so you still have a decent amount of space, just not quite in the places you'd like it! Sitting out on our window ledge, feet dangling over the Grand Canal, eating bread and olives and drinking Prosecco - I feel sure half the people on the passing vaporettos were wishing they had our room!

It's in an ideal spot if you want to explore both the typical tourist sites and sample some Venetian local favourites. And the map they gave us in the room was better than any of the ones in the guidebooks we brought. As for the noise from the boats, well...it's part of the territory in this city really but we found if we really couldn't sleep we could close the shutters, keep the window ajar and use the ceiling fan for ventilation, no worries.

On the whole a perfect hotel for a romantic getaway - would definitely recommend to friends.

On a practical note, getting there from the airport is easy. We took the 11 Euro Alilaguna boat, takes about an hour and 10 minutes and you get a great view of the islands, get off at the last stop - Zattare, then walk straight through to the Accademia bridge, the hotel is on your right. Boats back to the airport leave at around half past the hour - the guys on the desk were very helpful about this, as they were with looking after our bags all day til our late flight on the last day.

• Stayed: April 2006
15  Thank Zanzibar Susie
A TripAdvisor Member
Long Island, NY
Reviewed April 26, 2006

The view of the Grand Canal from our window was amazing! The quintessential view of Venice! I doubt there's another hotel in Venice with this view, at the rates you'll find here. Our room was miniscule, but I could live with that. The one problem we had was the noise from the vaporettos (water taxis) all night. They were right under our window. I'm not a light sleeper but I was up half the night. Maybe rooms on a higher floor would be a better choice. Other than that, the location is great - just steps from the Accademia bridge, museums and restaruants. On a previous trip to Venice, we stayed in a hotel located on one of the many small canals. The view there was lovely and it was very peacuful. If we were to go back, we'd stay in this sort of place rather than the Galleria.

• Stayed: June 2002