“Well-priced on Grand Canal”
Review of Hotel Galleria

Hotel Galleria
Ranked #187 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was my second visit to Hotel Galleria. Had the same room, overlooking the Gondola station, Academia Bridge with view also of Grand Canal; Small room but the price was right and what a location! Stefano and Luciano are genteel hosts; eating breakfast in front of our window (thrown wide open) as everyone walked over the Academia Bridge looking enviously at us, was priceless! The ultimate Venetian family restaurant 2 mins. away,the Guggenheim just 4 mins. walk and the Academia which had a Titian show was right outside the door! Across the Academia Bridge just 6 mins walk to Teatro Fenice where we saw Riggoletto (quite unplanned). All that in 24hrs !! When I win the lottery I will stay at the Gritti, but in the meantime the Galleria is a little gem.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The best part of my room at Hotel Gallery was the view. In the morning, I sat on the window ledge to appreciate the stunning view of the Grand Canal and breathe in the fresh cool air - which is a priceless experience that I will always remember about my travel to Venice.

Breakfast in the room was also a great idea - so you can relax and enjoy the morning in your pajamas! They heat the milk for the coffee - a fine detail that I really appreciated!

My room does not have attached bathroom which was worrying for me. But it turned out using shared bathroom was not a problem at all. It was steps away, was kept very clean and was always free every time I needed it.

Luciano and Stefano were helpful and patient. They gave good advice and were always there when we needed them.

Hotel Galleria is my kind of hotel: quietly beautiful and thoughtful, good location and the view just seals the deal!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This very quaint, impeccably furnished in period hotel was an oasis in the strange city of Venice. Venice is a tourist city but Stefano and his hotel let you feel like you could be Shakespeare visiting his favourite holiday destination. We were able to watch the Venice world go past our windows, only one floor up from the canal. It was a great location to get some really stunning photography done and the nearby pizzas were to die for! Academia bridge was so much less traversed than other areas in Venice but probably more impressive since the tacky market shops were absent. We loved Stefano and his wonderful Italian hospitality. Wouldn't go back to Venice to see Venice but would go back just to stay in Hotel Galleria with Stefano and and his wonderful staff. Read the previous reviews on Trip Advisor which is why we selected this hotel. Don't expect "Best Western" - this is a period piece hotel very comfortable but old with antiques and ceilings that are original. Go for the best room with onsuite to truly appreciate this hotel. it is really cheap by venice standards. Stefano we loved you

Room Tip: Ask for "their bestest, most beautiful room" with ensuite
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth C
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just returned home after spending 3 wonderful days in Venice. The Hotel Galleria was a great choice. We had rooms overlooking the Grand Canal and couldn't have asked for a better location. Breakfast was served in our room daily and this was a bonus. The hotels' location couldn't have been better. It was an easy walk to St Mark's and the vaporetto stop was almost outside the door. We would most certainly come here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the canal view. It is worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two days in September 2012 at Hotel Galleria.

Overall, we cannot complain about the price or the location. It is extremely well located and one of the most cost-effective hotels we could find in Venice that had a view. Just outside the Accademia bridge, the hotel is well placed. It is about a 15 minute walk to St. Mark's square.

The hotel itself is fairly basic. Rooms could use a renovation but maybe that is the appeal.

Pros:
(1) Location
(2) View of Grand Canal
(3) Cost
(4) Free water and soda from a mini-fridge in the hall

Cons:
(1) Breakfast is bread/yogurt/juice/coffee. There is not meat or egg option.
(2) No wifi access (by design) outside of the lobby. There are two chairs in the lobby that you have sit in. This calls into question the "free wifi" amenity listed on all of their material. Once you connect, the Wifi is fast.
(3) No Air Conditioning. It was very warm in Venice in September and we slept in our own sweat. There is a fan in the room (ours was extremely noisy) and you can open the windows (and listen to load boats) all night.

A few other notes
(1) It did not matter to us, but no TV in the room. Who wants to watch Italian TV anyway?
(2) You will likely walk the bridge outside the hotel 4 to 5 times a day. Be prepared for a hike.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank awhsnow
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed for three nights last weekend and was overwhelmingly thrilled with this hotel. The staff was always there to answer any questions and was very helpful. The breakfast was superb. The free water and soda was really helpful for us broke students since this was our last stop after our month long stay in Italia and neither water nor soda is cheap in Venice. My only advice, though, is be aware that if you get the small double, you are getting a SMALL double. You and luggage don't fit very well. But the view and location is worth any trouble that "small-ness" caused.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My Husband and I and two grown teenagers shared a room for 4. The Hotel Galleria had wonderful "Old World" charm which was perfect for our stay in Venice. The location is fantastic. Even though is was unseasonably warm in August the ceiling fan cooled the room perfectly for sleeping. I know I was on MANY pictures that tourist took as I sat on the windowsill and enjoyed my morning breakfast as they rode by. The view of the boats traveling on the Grand Canal and the Accademia Bridge were picturesque. My absolute favorite thing was the wonderful hot breakfast brought to my room by our helpful, courteous and handsome Ventian gentleman! Great way to wake up!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family