This hotel was an excellent choice for us for the following reasons:
1. Incredibly easy to find given that its Venice and there are waterways and winding alleys - you have to take the public bus (vaporetto) from the train station and when you reach the Accademia stop, it is less a minute away. We came to Venice by train and left by plane. To head to the airport, there is the expensive water taxi option that costs EUR100-120 but the trip is 30 mins and there is the inexpensive Lalaguna public water bus that costs EUR15 but it takes 1.5 hours. The Lalaguna stop is on the other side of the hotel and is very convenient, took less than 8 mins with heavy bags and backpacks.
2. Very charming - We had never stayed in a hotel other than an unbranded or hotel chain before and hence were a little apprehensive but the rooms are lovely. I love the furniture and the room is spacious. We kept our luggage under the bed and it was absolutely fine. Our room overlooked the Accademia bridge and it was lovely to open the windows in the morning. The bathroom is a bit small but that was fine too. There is no air-conditioning but you do not need it. There is a fan and it was more than adequate, the nights (late July) were very cool.
3. Both Luciano and Stefano are very helpful. They recommended some nice restaurants for dinner and also gave us some tips to get to Murano and Burano.
Some minor points to be noted:
1. Shared bathroom - Some rooms tend to have a shared bathroom so double check when you reserve. We reserved a room with a private bathroom and got room #1 but I believe that some of the other rooms have a view of the Grand Canal.
2. Breakfast is light - croissants, yoghurt, butter, jams... we were used to a slightly heavier breakfast because we tend to spend the entire day outside and return only late at night. However, we did not feel hungry because the weather was gorgeous and the days were not as tiring as Rome.
3. Stairs - We had to carry our luggage up a winding flight of stairs as there is no elevator and there was no one to help when we arrived but we were kindly helped on the way out. Not a major issue at all.
I would definitely consider returning to this hotel. It made my experience in Venice quite memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Number of rooms: 10. This is a small hotel, the only 1 star right on the Grand Canal. Here you'll find a place with charm in the heart of Venice. We'll do our best to make your stay a pleasant one in a clean and welcoming Venetian house. This is the cheapest hotel on the Grand Canal, the perfect location for leisure travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleria Hotel Venice
- Hotel Galleria Venice