“clean rooms & beautiful view”
Review of Hotel Flora

Hotel Flora
Ranked #47 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed February 19, 2014

had to stay in this hotel for 3 days but it was wonderful. I wish I had more time to spend with my friends. Nicely decorated with lots of flowers!

Great service overall and nice & clean bed sheets. Bathrooms were nice too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Flora

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in February at the Flora. Our room was clean and very well decorated. The bed excellent quality as was the bed linen. The bathroom was also clean and functional. Both were a little small but in Venice I assume that is the norm and it was to sleep anyway so we were no that bothered! The hotel is lovely, with a small garden. Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruit, yoghurt and home made cakes!!! The staff were very friendly and always present to help and with a smile! The location ideal-a stone's throw from piazza San Marco. I highly recommend the hotel if you can afford it as it's not cheap but well worth the money spent!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have traveled a lot and stayed in many of the most famous five-star hotels in Europe, but I would not hesitate to say that my week at Hotel Flora was one of the best hotel experiences I have ever had. I am quite sure I have never stayed in a hotel in this price category that was remotely as nice as this lovely, charming and perfectly-run hotel.
Hotel Flora is a family-run business in the very best sense: the hotel is clearly a labor of love for the Romanelli family. Every detail of the décor has obviously been done with the utmost care – and, in my opinion – done with exceptional taste – beautiful oriental carpets all throughout the hotel, beautifully chosen antiques everywhere – a refined old-world atmosphere. I stayed in Room 28, a Superior Double room overlooking the garden and a beautiful palazzo behind that (and the tip of the La Salute dome above that.) The room was heaven. Very spacious, with antique furniture, a terrific bed with excellent linens, and a bathroom that was small but like a little jewel box. The view outside my two large windows was enchanting. I believe the Superior Double rooms are their top double rooms. I peaked in some of the less-expensive rooms, and they all looked very attractive. But, if you can afford it, book a Superior Double room because they are so spacious, and at their price range an exceptional value.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful: fresh fruit, yogurts, pastries and cakes of every kind, eggs, bacon, cereals, juices and delicious cappuccinos. What more could you want? (Oh wait, they had incredibly delicious puddings also. I couldn’t resist them!) The concierge recommended a handful of very good, reasonably-priced restaurants within a short walk. My favorite was Trattoria alla Rivetta.
Everyone writes about the perfect location of the hotel: it is down a narrow alley (which is lit with the display windows of the Bvlgari store on the corner) right off the main walk way west of Piazza San Marco. You turn the corner from all the fancy stores and you’re right at the hotel. Its location is close to so much, and yet it is off the main street and wonderfully quiet.
I met the owner, Gioele Romanelli, and spoke with him several times during my stay. He is an extremely nice man who clearly likes people. And his family’s hotel obviously means everything to him. His warm, genuine, friendly attitude was carried through in every staff person I met at the hotel: the wonderful man who ran the breakfast room so efficiently, the fellow at the bar at night (I loved coming back from dinner, grabbing a nightcap at the bar and taking it up to my room!), the housekeeping staff, the fellow that picked me up at the pier when I arrived and took me back when I left, and the terrific concierge team.
This is an absolute gem of a place. Hotel Flora has the best of both worlds: it has the relaxing, friendly atmosphere of a family-run establishment, but the service and visual style of a luxury boutique hotel. For its price range, it is unbeatable. Hotel Flora is recommended in all the guide books and is very popular – with reason.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
9  Thank JTitelouze
hotelflora, Proprietario at Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Wow!
How should I reply with other words to such a fantastic review? You really understood what does hospitality means for us. A mix of emotions moved by the real love for this place. What we try to transmit every single day to all our guests. You can't imagine how glad we are when it happen!
I thank you from the bottom of my heart and I look forward to see you again here at the Flora during your next venetian stay!
Gioele Romanelli

Reviewed February 5, 2014

After dragging my suitcase up and down bridges, I looked down a quaint alley to find my hotel. It was an oasis in the middle of all the tourists. The room was SO tiny, but......

The location was perfect, down a quiet alley and close to the attractions. I ate my breakfast in a lovely peaceful garden. The staff were very attentive and helpful.

I was traveling by myself. The staff found a delightful family owned restaurant with delicious food for me. They welcomed me with open arms and even mixed a free drink for me to taste when I expressed my curiosity. I will definitely return.

Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Deb X
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We have just stayed at Hotel Flora for 3 nights and have really enjoyed it. The room was quiet, clean and being on the top floor had very cool wooden beams in the roof that gave the place a vintage charm. A really nice place to come back to after a day of wandering the alleys of Vencie.

The hotel services were also very good. A range of breakfast food is on offer and you are served barista made coffee at your table.

We also used the fitness centre which was so great after two weeks of eating our way through Europe! It is has lots of weights equipment (free weights and machine) and a couple of cardio machines. Best hotel gym I have used yet!

We had a lovely winter stay in Venice and will definitely recommend Flora to friends back in Aus.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank msjchil
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Adorable hotel and the most amazing location- just few minutes walking away from St.Marco's square. So convenient and easy to find, close to water buses. Service was fantastic- very accommodating and pleasant staff, great breakfast, quiet and away from street noise, clean room- all you need for a perfect weekend in this amazing city. Fully recommend this family hotel and will definitely come back again preferably in the spring or summer to take advantage of its backyard/garden.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Valerie G
hotelflora, Owner at Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Valerie,
I read your fantastic review and I immediately shared it with all my staff. We are all very happy that you enjoyed you stay at the Flora, that you appreciated our service, breakfast and your room! We are looking forward for your next visit and we invite you to contact as soon as possible in order to provide for the best arrangement!
Gioele

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I do not agree with the good reviews written here which induced us to stay in this hotel for two nights. The hotel was surely at some stage cosy and romantic - tucked away and with some rooms overviewing a little courtyard but it has not been updated since a very long time. Everything is faded and in urgent need to be redecorated. It gives the feeling that the owners essentially live of the good location but save money by not updating. A shame and given the prices really annoying.
We had two rooms facing the entrance alley and the wallpaper was old and faded, the furnitures were old and wobbly, the windows were difficult to close and were of poor quality, and the bathrooms were terrible. Not dirty but just old. In fact we ended up not showering for two days because we found it so uninviting. The sink tab was leaking which was annoying.

The breakfast area had the same faded quality and the food was of the standard of a 2 star hotel.
The staff was nice and the location convenient but paying around 210 euros for one room of this quality was much too expensive. We would not recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank richmond007
hotelflora, Proprietario at Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest,
I read your review and i was trying to find how to replay without being inappropriate. Of course every year, after a full season,we provide for a total maintinance but our first mission is to invest in the hotel and all its services! First choice Simmons mattresses, Rivolta Carmignani satin bed linen and bath towels , Bigelow bath amenites are only few examples.
I am quite sure that a staff of 27 people is something very unusual for a three star hotel of 40 rooms, providing a 24 hours concierge service, full bar, included buffet breakfast with fresh fruits, juices, cheeses, eggs, ham, different kinds of fresh bread, and a minimum of five different home made cakes, cooked with love for our guests everyday.
This is how I save money. I love my job and my place and I always try to improve. Please always consider the damage that you cause, before writing such negative reviews.
Gioele Romanelli