Great location, I love the antique building with antique furniture, our room was large enough.
But... they have some faults that made our experience worst than expected.
I was traveling with family. As hotels in Venice are expensive, and I would only be there for one night, I decided to get a family quad-room. That was not exactly a good idea, but would not get much better paying more for three rooms. It was the most expensive and the worst hotel from my 23-day round-trip through Europe (which included London, Paris, Verona, ...)
Major problems are:
1) Wifi was slow and has serious range problemas... it did not work on our room, probably because it was far from the router, we needed to stay near stairway to use it, very uncomfortable;
2) I like antique furniture, but in the room they look more old, wearied, than antique;
3) Our room needed new painting. The fery old painting gave a very poor impression;
4) The carpet over the wood floor was old, weared and disgusting;
5) The elevator is small and only enough for two person, but that's common on old buildings. The problem is my wife was almost screaming because of a pain in the knee and we only discovered it exists after a staff member lead us to our room on 3rd through a stairway;
6) The sofa-bed was too small.
Apart from it the staff was gentle and breakfast was OK.
They could be much better with just a few changes:
- Paint job;
- New carpet;
- Better wifi network;
- Staff training;
- Some refurbishing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Flora, an intimate and charming hotel with a delightful garden.The Hotel is situated in the heart of Venice, behind Saint Mark's Square, on Calle XXII Marzo, one of the city's most elegant streets, between Campo Santa Maria del Giglio and Campo San Moisè.Hotel Flora's 40 rooms, intimate and light-filled, have been furnished with care by the Romanelli family, each in a different style. Period furniture from the end of the 19th century, or in 16th-century Venetian style create a discreet elegance, enriched by damask tapestries and golden cornices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Flora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flora Hotel Venice
- Hotel Flora Venice