1,504 results
All reviewscharming hotelcourtyard gardentucked awayfamily suitemark's squaresan marcoquiet alleyantique furniturela fenicesingle roompastriesbreakfast roomperfect locationrooms are smallold worldbreakfast was deliciouseach morning
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Free Wi-Fi and super close to the main square. Most things were within walking distance. There was a light dinner option at the time we went you could select and it was delicious. The staff was extremely friendly on assisting us with directions and overall accommodation. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Physiqs
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's a combination of the product and the people. Keep in mind, we came to Venice during the rainy season and perhaps that should have dampened our mood but on the contrary we embraced the flooding. We walked from vaporetto # 1 to the hotel (moving through throngs of people in and around San Marco, dodging puddles and carrying bags over those great staired bridges). Oh Venice.

The greeting from the evening manager was as if our arrival bothered him. Consider our journey: train, vaporetto, difficult walk with luggage: how about a cheery greeting? Venice comes with an elitist attitude and if i had its history and the loads of cruisegoers and low cost airlines making my city so accessible id be happy to pocket the tourists' easy money without much in return.  The hotel is charming but in the standard Venice way its just impractical: tiny hallways, tiny room, tiny bathroom and even tighter shower. At least the tv could fit in my backpack if i were going to steel it.  But this is Venice, the charm, the quirkiness, turning the impractical into daily living....all that and the canals and gondolas is why we come, right?

On two occasions we asked the evening manager for a restaurant recommendation. Two times he came up blank. The staff insisted on knocking on our door multiple times each morning to see if we had departed (wife's pregnant, takes some time to get ready, plus it's our vacation). If you've been to Venice you'll know it's the disneyworld of tourist traps so having the hotel on our side for legitimate restaurant suggestions or things to do would have been a game changer. They really didn't offer anything during our five day stay unless we specifically solicited advice and then it was brief and unhelpful.

The breakfast and the courtyard are probably the hotel's best assets. You might argue its the location, but being close to San Marco Square enhances the touristy atmosphere and, in turn, the prices grow exponentially. Everyday our goal was to get away from that as much as possible.

My suggestion: don't stay in Venice more than two nights. In fact, stay on Murano or Burano and take a vaporetto over for a day's visit. One can't deny venice's uniqueness, but its as if the Venetians prefer to cater to the unsavvy cruiseship bunch than people that might actually come back the next day if the food and service were good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jv171
hotelflora, Owner at Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,
I read your review with interest and I am sorry if you haven't been able to enjoy your stay in Venice. I always try to give our guests as many tips and information as I can. We also created a web site called insidevenice in which we write our personal suggestions ( restaurants, shops, itineraries etc ) in order to let people discover a b-side of Venice made by venetians. This is a unique city and can be physically very tiring, worst if raining. I am sorry about the chambermaid knocking on your door and I will share your message with my staff in order to be more discreet in the future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally in case of a future trip to Venice ( even if not staying at the Flora ) and I will be glad to give you all my personal list of suggestions.
Yours sincerely,
Gioele Romanelli

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Like great grandmas back bedroom, cosy and warm with great comfortable beds, pillows and soft covers, but grans never had a lovely Murano Glass chandelier! Twin room No-7 and bathroom are compact and simply furnished with antique furnishings. The small, well designed bathroom with aqua blue tiles had a large shower and was very clean with nice toiletries supplied.
There is a small TV with BBC, CNN etc perfect to catch up on world news, room safe and free WiFi. Good soundproofing made for a quiet nights sleep. The room with two windows was at the front with no great outlook, so unfortunately we didn’t look out over the lush rear courtyard garden.
During our stay it was cooler with a bit of rain and high tide, so breakfast was served indoors in the inviting lounge/dining room. The morning breakfast staff are extremely quick and professional in accommodating people to their specific table requirements and serving tea or coffee to your table with a smile (Especially the elder gentlemen) making for a great start to the day. Breakfast buffet is very good and includes items like fruit salad and scambled eggs.
Location is excellent and central for exploring Venice with two Vaperetto stops only a short stroll.

Room Tip: Request a large room, high floor, overlooking courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is a very quiet hotel hidden down a cul de sac about 5 minutes from St Marks. Rooms adequate for a short stay. Breakfast selection of cereals, fresh fruits, yoghurts, eggs, breads, some cakes and reasonable coffee. Gym in building round the corner is small but useful although only open from 8.30am til 6.30pm and not on weekends. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: I asked for a bathtub and got room 38 on the ground floor but the tub was tiny!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lemanieg
hotelflora, Proprietario at Hotel Flora, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review. We are so glad that you appreciated our location and our breakfast . With reference to our Gym, we beg you pardon for the wrong information that you received. In fact our gym, only for our guests, is open seven days a week from 8.00 am to 7.30 pm .Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We really hope to see you soon at the Flora.
Yours sincerely,
Gioele

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed in hotel flora for two nights in the last couple of days. This is the third hotel i stayed in Venice. The location is great, just 3 mins to st marco square. The staff in the hotel are very nice and kind and went out of their way to make your stay as comfortable and as happy as possible.

I stayed in a single room which was stylish with a comfortable bed. The size of the room was slightly too small but it doesn't cause a big problem.

The breakfast was great ( very tasty crossiant and coffee)! I had dinners as well in the restaurant where light dinners are served. it was tasty as well and they make nice bellini. Overall I like this hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo