1,504 results
All reviewscharming hotelcourtyard gardentucked awayfamily suitemark's squaresan marcoquiet alleyantique furniturela fenicesingle roompastriesbreakfast roomperfect locationrooms are smallold worldbreakfast was deliciouseach morning
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights on our first trip to Venice.
We were totally impressed with the location, charm and service of this lovely hotel.
In particular the personal and welcoming service from every member of staff, which was exceptional.
Would recommend it to everybody

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JamesE99
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Venice with our two children last spring and just loved it. We did have a bit of trouble finding it...but once we did we weren't disappointed. Hidden at the end of a tiny little alleyway it was quiet and charming with warm and welcoming staff. We reserved a "family suite" which surprisingly had TWO bathrooms, one room with a king-sized bed and one with two twin beds for our children. Breakfast was included in our rate and was great, wonderful fresh-made hot chocolate, hard-boiled eggs, fresh juice, breads, fruit, it was wonderful with such attentive and friendly staff. There is a lovely little enclosed courtyard outside which is lit up at night - a nice romantic spot to sit and have a glass of wine with your partner after the kids are asleep as we did. Be warned that there is no elevator so getting your luggage up to your room can be a bit of a haul, but it was completely worth it for this lovely little home away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for the family suite if you have kids.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank wndyctyGAL
Reviewed February 18, 2012

the Hotel Flora has become my go-to hotel in Venice: you can't beat the location, the staff is wonderful (for the most part), and the charm of the hotel unbeatable. The hotel isn't on a canal so don't get your hopes up, but it is down a quiet little alley, right next to Bulgari, and is truly a hidden gem among Venice.

Room Tip: I've stayed in room 27 and 31 and 31 is the nicer. I hope to stay again but, if the hotel tries the "for a different room, you will have to pay double" act again, I won't be staying here again. I like to try different rooms, not the same one each time!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Craig P
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Its was our first visit to Venice, the position of the hotel is prime and everywhere is within walking distance. We stayed in the height of winter the temperture outside was well below 0 but the room was nice and warm and cosy.
We had breakfast delivereid to the room at no extra cost, nice breakfast of croissants, bread, cereal, yogurt & coffee, a great start to the day.
We used the waterbus(Alilaguna Lines) from Marco Polo airport it cost 25 euros return & takes about an 1 hour 15mins.
The hotel staff are very polite and helpful, after a long day walking around venice it was nice to go back to the hotel bar for a beer & a bellini from our charming bar tender.
A good tip is to turn left from the hotel away from San Marco where the bars & restaurants were alot more reasonable.
A truly magical little hotel, you will love it!

Room Tip: Room 37 looks out to the courtyard
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank dwwright
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I was here for 2 nights with my daughter, and my brother with whom I shared a room, and my brother and his wife. It's hard to find if you're not used to Venice, but an easy walk from the vaporetto stop (sorry, I forget which one), even with roller bags (we each brought one small roller bag, so we weren't over-burdened). Perfect location from which to walk Venice, very close to Plaza San Marco, etc. The hotels down a tiny little alley which is charming, we took many photos before we even got to the hotel! Nice lobby, elegance but mini-sized, like most European hotels. Very polite and knowledgeable concierge who always addressed us by name and sent us to two wonderful restaurants. Our rooms were small, with that very Italian aesthetic, less opulent than Parisian hotels, but nicely furnished. Great linens, very clean, a view down into the courtyard where they serve breakfast. Tiny bathroom, but comfortable and serviceable. My brother is 6'1" and didn't have trouble with the size of things.
We got settled and went down to the bar for a glass of prosecco before taking a walk. This little lounge is also very charming, and we were given some snacky things. The chairs are low tables are small, but very pretty, well maintained. Service here was impeccable.
The breakfast was quite good, great coffee, eggs cooked well, good bread, fruit. I think they had some nice meats and pastries as well.
I thought the price was in line with Venice hotels of this ilk. Everything is expensive when travelling in Europe, and this was high season. I bet they'd give good rates for off-season travellers.
I'd definitely recommend this hotel unless you dislike small spaces, in which case, you might want to avoid Europe altogether!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family