Hotel Flora
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A2 - Stella(Venice)
Hotel Torino(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
Bel Sito e Berlino(Venice)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Palazzo del Giglio(Venice)
Kette Hotel(Venice)
1,375 results
All reviewscharming hoteltucked awaycourtyard gardenfamily suitemark's squaresan marcoquiet alleyantique furniturela fenicesingle roompastriesbreakfast roomold worldperfect locationrooms are smallbreakfast was deliciousthe hustle and bustle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I booked this hotel without knowing much about it. Last time I was in Venice I was a starving graduate student staying in hostels so this seemed fine enough and the location could not have been better, right next to piazza San Marco. We chose a larger room for 220 euros per night since we are familiar with the space constraints of European hotels although I saw the smaller rooms and they seemed fine enough for the price (much lower than our rate for larger room). However, I chose hotel Flora specifically because they have a gym but that was a bit disappointing. Perhaps Hotel Flora can charge more for the fact they have a gym but there is only one treadmill and it is reserved for their private training clients and we could never get on it. Next time, I would book a room in Venice through a third party engine to get better comparative pricing for the area. Breakfast was great and they have a lovely garden but it was too cold to enjoy it. Basic things like the size of the seats in the breakfast room may not work for the average American and the bathrooms are tiny no matter want room you get. The staff was nice and informative directing us to restaurants, tours and taxis. We ate at the restaurant across the street, la Caravalla at the hotel Albergo Saturnia and would consider staying there next time. They have nicer common areas and slightly nicer rooms for less money during the winter. Their restaurant and cocktail area adds a lot to the experience albeit expensive but it is Venice after all! Hotel Flora could easily be better than other hotels at it's price point in the area by making some slight improvements to the amenities that have, especially the gym which is in a beautiful building next door. Adding another treadmill to the gym, adding directional signs to find the gym. Adding more pillows for the rooms, at least the larger rooms and updating the bathrooms a bit to include new hair dryers. Overall it is a nice place and we would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BuckeyeChef
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed 4 nights at the Hotel Flora and our stay was gorgeous. The location can't be better as you are few steps away from San Marco square but in a quiet narrow street out of the main passage. Our room was perfect, confortable, clean and beautifully decorated with an incredible view over Venetian roofs and gardens. Overall they help us with usefull suggestions regarding what to do and what to visit ...we discovered hidden venetian treasures. Also the Gym studio is very nice and their personal trainer really helpfull. The Flora was a perfect choice.

Room Tip: Our room on a corner on the top floor was quiet and sunny
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cathe d
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We had the most amazing time, the staff was so kind and helpful
( it was are first time in Venice) the location its simply priceless and
the ambiance at the lovely garden just magical and peaceful, the room.... so romantic, we are definitely coming back for Carnaval To Hotel Flora.

We loved it !
Valerie & Jack

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerie I
Reviewed November 30, 2011

just 2 minutes away from the San marco square, in the elegant shopping distric.
the Hotel has an amazing garden and the rooms are beautiful decorated with such a romantic atmosphere. our stay was fantastic, the atention of the staff, rooms, and in particular Stefano, the main waiter of the breakfast that was also very rich.
we really enjoy it!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

In addition to the Rick Steves recommendation, we were attracted to this hotel by their charming Web site. Unlike some of the other Trip Advisor reviewers, we were not disappointed. My wife and I, our two daughters and their husbands, and our baby granddaughter stayed here for 5 nights in early August. The hotel met our expectations perfectly. The garden was just as it looks on the Web site, a beautiful spot for breakfast. Yes, the breakfast is Continental, but it met our needs and had enough variety that we did not get bored returning for 5 successive mornings. The staff were extremely helpful with every question I came up with. Although I usually took the stairs, the elevator was very welcome at times. I thought the furnishings and decorations in all the public areas were lovely. The rooms were small, yes, but I thought the furnishings were nice and the bed very comfortable. The rooms were always very clean. The location is fantastic--a five-minute walk from Piazza San Marco along the busy and crowded Calle XXII Marzo, but the hotel is some 200 yards away at the end of a tiny, quiet side street, and returning to it after a busy, exhausting day of sightseeing always felt like returning to a peaceful oasis. And the wireless Internet always worked, which is more than I can say about some hotels.

But here's the clincher for me. Honesty?! I made the reservations by email, and the hotel's confirmation promised us a Rick Steves discount. I didn't have a chance to review the amount we should have been charged when we checked out; I just signed the credit card charge slip and we left. When we got home, I discovered that the amount of the discount was 45 euros less than I thought it would be. With some trepidation, since I had signed the charge slip without a quibble, I emailed and asked that my account be credited for the additional amount. To my relief, they replied promptly, readily admitted their mistake, and gave me the credit on my credit card. I was very impressed with their honesty and willingness to make things right.

So as far as we were concerned, out stay at the Hotel Flora was a delightful experience!

Room Tip: Room on the top floor was a little warm in August even with the AC. Rooms on the next floor down were better.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family