“Charming, clean and comfortable”
Review of Hotel Serenissima

Hotel Serenissima
Ranked #95 of 384 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Despite being a little old fashioned our room was very cosy and comfortable. Also very large! I enjoyed the family run vibe, the golden retriever greets you at the door and a tiny Italian Nonna cooks your breakfast. The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank AlysseM
There are newer reviews for Hotel Serenissima

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel Serenissima was a GREAT find!

As we all know, little time is actually spent in one's hotel room but I'm happy to say that I found my room (and the adjoining bathroom) clean, comfortable, and bright - and best of all, it was very affordable. The location was really convenient and the breakfast served in the morning was delicious.

(I was actually surprised on the spaciousness of my room.)

I highly recommend this hotel, not only for the details listed above, but for the very friendly and helpful staff. I couldn't have asked for more on my budget. (I paid one hundred and twenty Euro per night in September 2012.)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank JustMeB
Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a wonderful place! Rooms are small, but very clean....breakfast a creative array of croissant sandwiches, bruschetta, and brioches, plus yogurt, coffee, etc. Wonderful location near San Marco, and very helpful staff. No elevator, but we had help with luggage.....stayed here with a Rick Steves Tour and we would go back on our own should the opportunity arise! Central location near Rialto and plenty of shops & restaurants; ATM located right outside hotel.

Room Tip: No water views here but very quiet except for Saturday night revelers.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Libro49
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We are quite happy to find this affordable price hotel, in a strategic location near San Marco. The room is unfortunately still in the 60s and kitsch.. And no electric socket near the bed. Only one in the toilet (maybe they do that to economise the electrity) . They took the TV directly from Lumiere museum (haha) and the bedding was so old fashion. The positive points are : calm, no noise, speed wifi, and friendly personnels.

Negative point: strange water evacuation noise in the night . And the presence of a huge dog in the hotel (reception)

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Tania F
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was 1) close to the Rialto bridge 2) close to San Marco and 3) it was very reasonably priced.

We were very pleasantly surprised to be shown into our SPACIOUS room - big bedroom, hallway with closet, good-sized bathroom - overlooking a little square.

The bed was comfortable, the room was quiet, the staff downstairs was helpful (they let us leave our luggage there most of the day while we toured around Venice, having arrived in the morning).

The breakfast was pretty good, too. Our only complaint was that we had to wait a bit for a table. They had placed a single traveler at a table for 4.

The only drawback to this hotel, and it's minor, is that there's no elevator so one must take up the luggage. However, the reception staff did that for us.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! We stayed in another place a few days later and it was nice enough but no where near as nice as this hotel, and it cost more!

Room Tip: I believe there are only a few ensuite rooms, be sure to ask for one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelerJudy
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is the ideal hotel if you want to be within easy reach of almost everywhere you want to go and without spending a fortune on the "basics". It is a family-run hotel and so retains its intimate nature, even to the point of meeting the imposing grandmother every day and tripping over "Sleepy", the vast golden retriever who keeps a watch on the door! The only thing I would fault were the single rooms, which were very basic (although the bathrooms were fine). I saw inside the bigger rooms which were much nicer and much better furnished - and had some type of view! However, all in all, excellent value and a very pleasant experience. I will go back, I hope!

Room Tip: Ask for a double room!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank didichipi
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Good things:
> Very polite and friendly staff (speaks english well)
> just right in the middle of Rialto and San Marco, 5-10 minutes walk, depends how many times you get lost
> Good breakfast, just enough too start the day
> Big room for a European standard

Not so good things:
> Towels smell
> You have to do some sort of "magic twist" on the doorknob before it opens when going inside your room.. when i asked the guy in the front desk how to open my room, he said: "you have to twist it to the left, then pull slowly, before pushing it. if it doesn't work, try twisting to the right"
quite irritating when you're tired and just want to rest!
> there's only one electric socket in the room, and located inside the shower. errr

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo