"Antica Locanda Sturion" Residenza d'Epoca
  • Restaurant
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$188
$175
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
$331
Agoda.com
$810
Londra Palace
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbreakfast roomrialto bridgeno elevatorflights of stairsgrand canalgreat locationcanal viewcroissantsvenetian decorreception desknice breakfastside streetroom was largestay in venicerestaurants and shopsstayed here for nightswater bus
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I spent 3 nights beginning of March 2013 in Antica Locanda Sturion. This small yet charming hotel is very well located in Venice, near the Rialto bridge, reaching to the San Marco district. Being on a perpendicular street of the grand canal, makes it very quiet and restful. I found the hotel staff friendly and helpful. Sizes of rooms can vary depending which one you get, but they are comfortable and very clean. A kettle was available in mine, with a small selection of teas and coffees, together with biscuits. The breakfast buffet is rather simple yet of good quality and the view from the breakfast room is stunning. You must be aware that the hotel is located at the 4th floor of a XIII century building and a staircase of 69 steps is the exercise you must undertake to reach the landing and the reception. However, Venice being a city where you walk a lot, this adds to the daily walking workout!
I would definitely stay again in Antica Locanda Sturion on a next visit to Venice.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with the view on the grand canal.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2013

A very pleasant, long weekend break in a classy boutique hotel in the most romantic of cities. Perfection.

Great location on the Grand Canal, room with view over the water, truly special.

Very close to Rialto bridge, directly opposite, over the bridge, from where the Alilaguna water bus service docks from the airport, approx 250m walk.

Staff very friendly, breakfast fine, high up building, so not disturbed by street level noise.

One thing to note: a lot of steps, like everywhere in Venice, 1 short & 3 long flights up to the hotel. No lift. No problem for us, but please, not advisable for you to choose this if you have mobility issues.

Room Tip: Rooms with view over grand Canal were great. They have some rooms with views over the city rooftops, which are supposed to be a bargain.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed @ Antica Sturion for 3 nights on Feb 2013 with my colleague. As we didn't want a double bed room, we requested a twin room. Upon arriving hotel we were shown attic room which was a very interesting room. it was aproxx. 16 m2 room. What would you guess for such space? Maybe 4X4 meters, maybe 3,2x5 meters etc. But no, this room is 8x2 meters!! It was literally like a train wagoon! And the bathroom was so tiny that if your BMI is above 30, you really cannot use it!!

The real problem are not these, the room was soo covered with dust that me and my colleague had allergic respiratory reactions!

Ok, so you'll ask should I stay there again? The answer is YES!! (surprising isn't it?) Overall the location of the hotel is one of best in Venice, the view from breakfast room is perfect and the staff is very warm & helpful. And there are superior rooms that have the same Rialto bridge view with the breakfast room.

So do not choose 'twin room' and you'llhave the perfect Venice experience. Oh, a last note; prepare to climb some stairs to reach the hotel - but that would not be a problem if you've made it to Venice!

Room Tip: Choose rooms with canal view! Excellent!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in February 2013. The first great thing is how close it is to the Rialto vaporetto stop. The hotel is directly accross the grand canal and it took me about 3-4 minutes to walk despite the paths being crowded with people celebrating the last night of the carinval. When I got to the hotel I did have the 4 flights of steps to face but I knew this before booking. The receptionist/night porter was helpful and I got a present supprise when I saw the size of my room. This was a generous double with en-suite bathroom despite being the cheapest room this hotel offers. Breakfats was from 8 til 9:30 and in the small dining area, of 8 tables, which overlooks the grand canal. On my first day I had to be up early for a prebooked tour so I was lucky enough to get one of the two tables right by the window with the best views. On the other two mornings I the two best tables had been grabbed so it is worth getting there at 8 on at least one morning of your stay.
This hotel does not have a very modern feel and the rooms are fairly basic but generous. My room just provided somewhere confortable and relaxing after all of the walking I had done each day getting around the sights. If you are like me and dislike the uniformity of hotel chains then I am sure you will enjoy this hotel.
The only drawback I found throughtout my stay was that my room was dirrectly oposite the kitchen area used for preparing the breakfast and I was woken by the sounds of the kitchen and smells of fresh croisants each day and not by my alarm clock. Maybe this was why my rom was the cheapest on the books.

Room Tip: Rooms 1&2 are suits with windows opening on to the Grand Canal. 3 & 4 are close to the desk. 5 was next to the kitchen. Rooms 6-11 seemed to be furthest from the desk, the grand canal and any noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank V0ST0CK1
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We visited Venice in Winter 2009 and stayed at Antica Locanda Sturion for one night. The stairs up to the reception are long and narrow, but we didn't feel it was a problem with small overnight bags. The reception staff was friendly and accomodating. Our room came right off the breakfast room and was very spacious and clean. The building is charming and the view fromt he room was fantastic. The location is really convenient, right next to the Rialto bridge. I would definitely stay there again on our next visit to Venice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple