“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Rossi

Hotel Rossi
Ranked #326 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My single room in this hotel was the smallest hotel room that I have ever seen. My room was very dusty and had obviously not been properly cleaned for a long time. The curtain was a piece of cloth pushed into the wall. I must say that the staff were very friendly but the breakfast was awful. Not recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Gaugin-1000

Reviewed October 24, 2010

This was the second time that my husband and I stayed here, and we still found it to be a good value for a very expensive city. It's conveniently located near the train station, so you don't have to drag your bags all over the city and up and down stairs. Both times we stayed on the first floor. The rooms were small but comfortable and clean, and the bathrooms were tiny, but clean and usable. Since the hotel is at the end of a small alley, it's fairly quiet. The breakfast is very basic, but the coffee is good and the rolls are fresh, so that was fine by us. If you're looking for a place to comfortably sleep and shower, then this hotel is great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CMG_CMG
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Qiuet location off busy thoroughfare near to Grand Canal. Very handy for bus & train stations but always has a surprisingly peaceful, tucked away feel - reached through a charming ancient archway. Room (we had 101) basic double with small en suite shower/sink/wc - very clean. Retro fit aircon and ceiling fan though we didn;t need them. Room made and towels changed daily. Breakfast simple continental - bread rolls/jam/coffee/"fruit" jiuce, service rather perfunctory. Desk service friendly though not particularly engaging. Overall good value for money and absolutely ideal for th9se wanting a simple base.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jean-Stephane
Reviewed September 1, 2010

We stayed there once before and though this hotel is "no Frills" we were happy to return.
This time our room was not as pleasant. The shower was almost on top of the toilet , made private by the use of a shower curtain. Not a satisfactory arrangenet as the floor and toilet were saturated each time you had a shower. It didn't feel hygenic at all. Room size was ok and bed comfortable. Breakfast was very mediocre (Dry rolls or toast with condiments and a beverage).
Staff pleasant and helpful.
Superb location and inexpensive for Venice but remember you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveldreamer61
Reviewed June 1, 2010

We booked 2 rooms at the Hotel Rossi. I gave my parents the room on the second floor and we took a room on the 3rd. My parent’s room was large and had a nice large bathroom. Our room was a fine size but the bathroom was smaller than a cruise ship bathroom. I did not mind, but my husband did not care for the tiny shower.

The rooms were very clean and well maintained for a very old building. I really enjoyed watching the apartments across the ally from us. It was great to watch locals going about every day life, hanging their laundry and cooking. I know, it sounds nosey. The small ally that this hotel is down is very small and easy to miss, so you have to pay attention the first time you look for it, but it is very quiet at night.

The hotel is very close to the bus and train station which is why we picked it. We did not want to carry our luggage too far. It is a very convenient location.

The staff was very nice, I don’t think they spoke much English, but it was not a problem. This was the cheapest place we found to buy bottled water at €1 a piece so the man at the front desk had one waiting for us each afternoon when we came back.

As far as amenities, yes, it is basic, but it is great value for the price. My Mom would go down in the morning to borrow the blow drier and then I would come down to use it on the way to breakfast. We never had a problem getting it.

We all enjoyed the breakfast. Drinks were hot cocoa, coffee and water. The 2 guys mixed the coffee and cocoa for a mocha type drink that they enjoyed. Our table was given a huge basket of crusty rolls with butter and different jams. It was simple but they were the best rolls ever. Straight out of the baker’s paper bag, Yum. It was more than enough to tide us over until lunch.

I would love to stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank bkhess
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at the Rossi for a few days in December and enjoyed a lot.
The hotel position is excellent in a small private street away from the crowd, very near to the railways station and close to the waterbuses pier , the room was not so large but clean and comfortable, breakfast good even if essential, friendly staff and reasonable price for Venice.
For a future visit in this wonderful city we’ll surely stay at the Rossi again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2010

Hotel Rossi is a 'budget hotel' by Venice standards. I did a lot of research before booking this Hotel and this came recommended from a friend who had stayed there a year before. The room was small but big enough. Could have been bigger if it did not have so much unnecessary furniture. It was very quiet. We choose a ground floor room because we were travelling with a baby and did not want to carry a pram and luggage upstairs. The breakfast was basic but fine and a good way to start the day. The woman who served the breakfast was very very nice. The front desk staff were a bit cool but ok. The Hotel is very conveniently located. I would recommend to others travelling to Venice.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family