“The best food we had in Italy” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trattoria Alla Ferrata

Trattoria Alla Ferrata
Ranked #39 of 1,355 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The best food we had in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We recently travel to Rome for 10 days and again Venice for 10 days, we found this Trattoria the best food we had in Italy. The price was extremely reasonable for the quality. We went at about 3 pm looking for a late lunch, they were closed but were very kind to open just for us to have lunch. Which never happens in any restaurant we encounter in Italy. The staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome, They made our meals first and then they all sat down to have their meals after. We started with the Seafood soup, it was the best seafood bouillabaisse I have every tasted in my life, and I have eaten at some of the best restaurants in the world. every thing we had was delicious from appetizers to desserts. We absolutely loved this place for the food and the great people and service. It is also fill with locals and not a touristy place, the price was also some of the best in italy/Venice. What more can you ask for? It really does not get any better than this. BTW we ate at some of the most expensive restaurants in Venice, and this by far was our most memorable meal!!!!!!

• Visited December 2012

• Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good quality and price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

A nice little local restaurant with a very friendly staff. The number of locals eating here says it all. We will definitely be back!

“The best pasta in Venice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I've travelled many cities including rome, firenze, but this trattoria is really memorable.
With a great and friendly service, pasta is really really great and cheap!
We had a pomodoro spaghetti and one dinner course. In my opinion, Pasta is better than meat.
Even though it is littel hard to find, but it is definetely worth to try!

?? ?? ????! ???? ??? ? ????? ???? ????? ?????? ??? ???

1 Thank YuJin S
Singapore, Singapore
“Good and Homely Food..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

One of our best finds in Venice... ask me what I remember about Venice and it will be the food here... we had meals twice here during our 2.5d stay in Venice.. yes it was that good!

On the first day, we arrived in Venice at 2pm, after checking into Hotel Canal Grande, we were recommended to have our lunch at Alla Ferrata... when we arrived at the restaurant.. the owner was so hospitable even tho it was near their closing time, we were the last customers for the lunch period... we ordered the mussels and clams stew, tagliatelle with scallops and grilled sea-bream... all of which was done to perfection... perfect meal after a long day...

on our last day, we decided to go for lunch there again prior to leaving for Florence... we had the fish soup, monk fish and seafood spaghetti... and we were not disappointed again.. flavor, taste and smell was good enough to leave us hungering for more...

Definitely a worthy mention and visit!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Venice, Italy
“Hospitable local restaurant and at a late hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

After a long day on the train and traveling solo, I asked Luca from B&B San Giocomo where I could find a nice place to eat a local meal. He recommended Alla Ferrata as it was also getting quite late, and it was the neighborhood favorite.

The restaurant was close by and had a delicious wide-range menu of italian cuisine. It was 10pm and still bustling with local customers who knew Iacopo and Leo by name (the two waiters). I had the pasta with tomatoes, shrimp and chili peppers...quite delicious and I finished it quickly! However, as I was ready to go back to the B&B for bed...I was greeted by a surprise treat from Iacopo...a plate of creme & biscuits! Leo later also brought out some limoncello to share as well. So hospitable! The table next to me said they lived around the area and would go there often. I would too, if I lived here :).

Lovely restaurant with delicious and affordable italian cuisine. Say hi for me to Leo and Iacopo!

• Visited November 2012