“I highly recommend SUP'n the Venice canals with Eliana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of SUP in Venice

SUP in Venice
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ciao! I am Venetian and I am a professional and licensed tour leader of Venice and ISA SUP instructor. SUP in Venice is a guided tour by Stand Up Paddleboard and also a unique exciting way to see Venice. Please contact me to book for your SUP tour. We offer a selection of different excursions suitable for different levels from beginners to experienced paddlers. Do not enter Venice canals by yourself. Police is very strict and the fine for people who are illegal is very high.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I highly recommend SUP'n the Venice canals with Eliana!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the time of our lives SUP'n the Venice canals with Eliana! She brought us through gorgeous and picturesque canals with ease. My partner was nervous about falling off his board before we launched (he was inexperienced with SUP at the time). Eliana made it easy for him and he didn't fall once! Being from Malibu, California, SUP is a popular sport. However, in Venice it was unique and amazing to be able to paddle the canals, and a thrill to have the talented gondola drivers greet us as we passed by. Many people on the streets were excited to see SUP in the canals and asked, "Where do we rent SUP boards?" Eliana would let them know and you could see the excitement on their faces. Mid-way through our paddle, we stopped at a charming tavern for drinks. Eliana thinks of it all! I've kept in touch with Eliana through Facebook because she's a lovely person to know. So not only will you have a beautiful experience on the canals, but you'll also make a new friend in life, because that's the way she is.

Stand up paddle (SUP) is a wonderful way to experience the Venice canals and Eliana is the best guide there. We are very grateful for the experience of a lifetime and we can't wait to go back and do it again!

3 Thank nancyannesmith

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“SO MUCH FUN!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

i had never been on a SUP before, and my girlfriend had only been once, and we had an amazing time touring the waterways of Venice with Eliana! Not only did we get to see the city from a whole new prospective, but we also learned the "rules of the road"... all while getting exercise! good times... and absolute MUST while visiting Venice!

Visited May 2012
4 Thank MakelT
Paris, France
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The best way to see Venice if you love SUP”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

For confident paddleboarders, this 2 hour experience is well worth it. I took my 14 year old daughter and met Eliana outside an easy to find hotel on the waterfront near San Marco square.
We walked a little way to a canal were she stores the easy to ride boards. After a quick lesson on the waterway rules ( DON'T TRY THIS ON YOUR OWN) about whom gives way to whom, we slid the boards down some steps and were off with the myriad of water craft in Venice. You mainly paddle down quiet canals seeing the real side of Venice and away from the hoards of crazy tourists. It is interesting seeing the boatbuilders workshops, residential areas as well as some smart hotels, gardens and life on the waterways.
Eliana calls and signs like the gondaliers and you enjoy the same waterway privileges as they do, she has a great relationship with them. Every now and again we would cross a busy bigger canal following Eliana's calm instructions.
Eliana is Venetian, fun and an excellent tour guide. We enjoyed ducking under low bridges and there was no way we were going to fall into the water of Venice. There were just the two of us and the maximum is 4.
Wear board shorts and teeshirt ( no swimming costume)
We highly recommend this unusual and fun way to see Venice. As Eliana says, it is not the place to learn to Paddleboard, you do not want to fall into those canals!!

Visited October 2012