“Highlight of my trip!”

Acquolina Cooking School
More attraction details
Owner description: Marika's warm, functional kitchen equipped with the most modern technology, you will have the pleasure of preparing both typical venitian dishes and more, using the fresh herbs grown in the garden of the beautiful old venitian villa: villa inespartecipate actively in the preparation of ravioli, tagliatelle, risotti, local specialty of fish and meat, vegetables and dessert.each class last for 4 hours and finished with tasting of the menu prepared. Maximum 10. Folder with recipes is given to each partecipant
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Booked the cooking class online based on reviews, and it exceeded my expectations!!! Have been talking about it since I left!!! Had a fabulous time learning but also meeting wonderful "classmates" who I'm sure I will keep in touch with. Those 4 hours together was magical and a delightful way to begin my first time ever Italian adventure. Marika a wonderful cook, but also a warm and inviting
Hostess in her home. 10 stars!!! hello to Jo and Pete, Mary and Chris and Mike!!! We had a splendid day sharing our love of cooking and food.

All reviews
"learning how"
"lido beach"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed November 5, 2012

On the last day of our honeymoon in Venice, me and my husband were able to have a private class with Marika. We were lucky enough to be the only clients booked for the day. Being a vegetarian, Marika was able to build a menu around my needs with ease. The class was very hands on and we were included in every step of the process. The class was held in her home in Lido. Public transportation is readily available to get there so that was also a plus. Best of the all the meal was delicious! Highly recommended and worth every penny!

Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

On a week long trip to Venice for my 50th birthday, a day spent with Marika gaining skills with which to reproduce the tastes of Italy once back at home, has so far been my highlight!!
Marika has a warm and humorous approach to teaching, she is undoubtedly a superb chef but its the inclusive and enthusiastic way in which she teaches that makes you believe you can do it and do it well!
We met up with some lovely people, big shout out to Mary, Mary, Chris and Mike who shared the day with us.
We ate the food we cooked for lunch after the class and it was delicious. Bravo Marika and the rest if her small team for my favourite birthday present !!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

What a wonderful way to spend a day in Venice. My husband and I took the vaporetto to Lido and walked a short distance to Villa Ines and the Acquolino Cooking Class. We were incredibly lucky to be the only students that day, so we had a private class with Marika. Of the menu cooking options we had to choose from, we selected a meat menu. We were put right to work chopping vegetables for what would be the bases to the Brasato al Barolo and Ragu all Bolognese. Once those were assembled so they could cook, we moved on to making fresh bread, pasta, chocolate mousse and sauteed peaches with chocolate. It was great having the hands-on experience to really learn the techniques and Marika is a very good teacher. While we were cooking we got to know Marika and her experience in the food industry. Her kitchen is a cook's dream. I highly recommend taking the time while visiting Venice to really immerse yourself in the cuisine by taking a class with Marika!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We enjoyed Marika's wonderful class while taking a Celebrity cruise. Venice was our last stop on a 14 day trek and this class was the highlight of our trip. We took the Alilaguna from the cruise port to the island of Lido, a short 20 minute scenic ride. We were welcomed by Marika and her staff at her beautiful residence ( her kitchen is a cooks dream!) We spent about 4 hours with her making a wonderful menu that we later enjoyed devouring!! Marika made us feel so welcome in her home and taught us so much in a short amount of time. My husband has helped me make the recipes for our friends and family since returning home. He enjoyed the class as much as I did. We will for sure schedule again with Marika on our next visit to Venice!!!!