“NIGHTMARE”
Review of Hotel Tre Archi

Hotel Tre Archi
Ranked #239 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed April 7, 2014

This was indeed a nightmare for me. One agent in Santa Lucia Railway station in Venice booked this hotel for me. This Hotel is close to the railway station and is accessible by boat (water bus). You step out from the boat, three or four steps, you are inside the Hotel. But, your comforts end here and this is just the beginning of your troubles.
I was given a room on the second floor where you could reach only by climbing 54 steps. And there is no lift in the Hotel which claims to be three star. If you can call a place like this a three star hotel, what you will call the actual three star hotels? I was bit lucky that the Bangladeshi chap at the counter helped me to take my bag upstairs. He was cordial and accommodative. I never knew such pathetic conditions were waiting for me.
I reached the Hotel at around 10 pm. There are no restaurants in the vicinity. I walked back to the railway station to have my dinner. After the initial experience I realised that I would miss my early morning flight from Marco Polo if I stay in this Hotel. Since the first boat would leave only by 4.45 I would have definitely missed my flight to Frankfurt. So I decided to leave the place and left for Venice Airport in the night itself. It took me more than 1.5 hours to reach the airport even during the late night!
This place is good if you do not have any work and you wish to reduce your cholesterol by climbing up and down the stairs.
The counter person advised me to hire a boat in the morning and go to Marco Polo. This is another profitable venture. The taxi fare he offered was Euro 125 from Venice to Marco Polo. The agent and the Hotel fellows literally took me for a ride. Please don't get cheated by unscrupulous travel agents the like the one who cheated me at the Venice Railway station.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Ruben L

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Well located, close to everything but still quiet.
Rather small/old hotel but charming. Friendly and helpful staff but not always very effective. Screw-up occasionally.
Breakfast better than the classic Italian coffee and a muffin...
Unfortunately the reserved hotel room we reservation (Valentine day) was double booked :-( but they booked us for one night in another hotel. (Had to find other hotel ourselves and carry our own luggage though...)

Room Tip: Avoid reservations on popular days - Hotelrooms could be over- and doublebooked !
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HerVan66
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My boyfriend booked this hotel and reading some of the other reviews I was a bit worried. However it was a lovely hotel, the room was small but clean with a good sized bathroom with shower. The room had everything we needed. The breakfast was nice serving tea, coffee, hot chocolate as well as orange and apple juice. The food was cereal and croissants which were very nice.
The location was excellent, we got the water boat and it stopped almost right outside the hotel and walking into the center was very quick, about 20 mins, but there was a water bus stop right outside the hotel if needed.
The best thing was eating out in the evening was very reasonable because we werent right in the center.
If you're on a budget I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Briony V
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband had booked this hotel as it looked very traditional- which it was. He had requested a ground floor room as I am disabled but we were given a room on the second floor so I had to struggle every time I went to our room. As in previous reviews the man on reception was not particularly friendly. On the good side it did have a stop outside for the water bus which was ideal for us. It is also in the more residential area so was more reasonable for eating out. The hairdryer in the room did not work but the chambermaid went out of her way to get another one for me.
Think carefully before booking as it is very average but could be so much better with a little customer service.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were visiting the Jewish quarters when we stumbled into this hotel. I liked the look of the chandelier in the hall and we went inside to have a look.
It is a restored historical palace in Venetians' Venice.
The receptionist was very helpful and we were shown the new wing that would open soon to the public. We will book it when we go back to Venice.
We saw three rooms and they were superb.
Very convenient for public transport and you can walk to it from the railway station.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2014

At a stunning rate of 45 euro per night you would never expect such a nice hotel.
Two years ago they build new rooms in a building in the garden. Ask for them! Clean, spacious, light. Why not 5 stars then. Although in Italy I seldom eat breakfast in the hotel, I needed to this time and it was rather poor. No meat, no eggs, instant coffee from a machine that had no small coffee or espresso. With only one person to help with the breakfast Nevertheless, I will go back there next time. Location is great along a nice canal.

Room Tip: Ask for the new rooms in the outbuilding
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Very small room with 2 twin beds pushed together. Annoying towel warmer in bathroom that didn't shut off and caused a sauna like feel. Paper thin walls, kept us up all night because you hear Everything! Filthy fabric walls and outdated furniture. Cigarette ash in one of the light fixtures. Black mold on the shower head. Rude man at check-in who acted like he was too good to answer customer questions. Does not offer free wi-fi. On the other side of Venice and away from all the action. Should be completely rehabbed from floor to ceiling!

• Stayed: February 2014