“Nice hotel, needs a few tweaks”
Review of Hotel Tre Archi

Hotel Tre Archi
Ranked #239 of 387 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Tre Archi is a three star hotel. It is a good establishment, a bit overpriced, especially if you stay over the weekend, and old fashioned (no wi-fi or lifts and poor toiletries) but it is clean, quiet and charming and the location is lovely, It's on the Fondamenta Di Cannaregio, reasonably close to the station and the Grand Canal. The water bus going directly to and from the airport stops very close by at Guglie, a huge plus and there is a vaporetto stop immediately outside which will get you to the railway station and Piazzale Roma as well as Lido. You need to change to get down the Grand Canal.

Our 'split level' room would be unsuitable for anyone with limited mobility but had a balcony overlooking a little garden; another huge plus. Given the price of the hotel the breakfasts on offer were fairly poor, dull, generic bread rolls, soft cheese spread, mass produced croissants and cereals but excellent yoghourt, assuming you like plain, and the beverages came from a machine. Everything was fresh, but dull and unimaginative and they really could make more effort. The breakfast room was clean and bright.

There are several small restaurants just across the canal, we ate at the Trattoria Marisa directly opposite the hotel, where they offered a fixed menu of about 6 courses, presumably they do this each night. Most of its patrons are local people so it goes without saying that the food is good and we had a wonderful time.

The Tre Archi has all the makings of a really good hotel if it would only improve on the peripherals. I recommend it as long as you take into account the caveats above and I'll be happy to stay there again but will try to miss the weekend.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Having just escaped this hotel two days early I thought I would warn others before they make the same mistake I did. Granted, it wasn't the worst hotel I have ever stayed in but it was close. Here is what I found: Unfriendly staff, no elevator(the poor little maid saw me struggling and helped me with my suitcase. The reception clerk could have cared less) dirty bedspread, barely working air-conditioner, tiny amounts of soap and shampoo in bathroom, horribly noisy canal outside in early morning and late into the night, such a bad breakfast that I wished that I had eaten some snacks I had in my suitcase instead. They actually served watered down Tang, which I haven't seen for 40 years! And last but not least no WiFi in room and only available(maybe) in the lobby for a price that the clerks couldn't seem to agree on. Oh, and the garden in the photo on the internet is nowhere to be found. The garden is dead with junk piled around it. If it were a cheap price I would not be complaining but it was quite expensive. All was not lost however, as we went to the hotel next door and got a wonderful room for virtually the same price. Arrivederci!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jonkevinmcconnel
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff was not helpful and very unfriendly. The rooms could be really nice, but they are not kept up. The bathroom was a good size but there was a lot of mold in the shower. There is not elevator which was ok for us but my husband had to help some older people with their luggage. Also, can't get wifi unless you are in the lobby. Overall, not a good experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The location of the hotel is excellent, if you are traveling by the water bus, as the stop of the water bus is right across the hotel. The staff is not friendly, the rooms are pretty small and are stuffy. It gets quite warm and they don't have fans.. The breakfast served is nothing great..the overall experience isn't great. Avoid it if you have any other option.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids and heavy luggage go for the rooms in the ground floor as they don...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pushpad
Reviewed June 3, 2013

It's really too bad that this hotel has it's pitfalls, because the hotel it's self is so flamboyant when you get in there, that you get super excited about your stay. It's definitely not the worst hotel in the world--like I said, the rooms looked really cool. Like sleeping in a doll house, bright pink with flowers and crystal chandeliers everywhere (not a very masculine look though). The bathroom we had there was probably the biggest we had in Italy, and even had a bath. The location was really good, I absolutely loved staying in Cannaregio. The jewish ghetto is literally a few seconds walk from the hotel, and it's a cool place. A water taxi station is also right outside the hotel which was convenient. However, the comforter on the bed was sort of gray and dirty, probably because it was old. The sheets under the comforter were clean. Wifi wasn't free, but the reception sucked anyway. The front desk staff weren't particularly mean, but they didn't make you feel welcome. Sort of like you were imposing by talking to them. And the free breakfast was really crappy--no hot foods, just cereal, yogurt, rolls and a coffee machine. There is also no lift. I wouldn't take my experience to the negative level that some people have in these reviews, it really wasn't a terrible stay. It just wasn't great, or worth trying to book again. Stay here if you're on a budget and you will have a good time, but if you can afford it, definitely try to trade up to a nicer hotel in the same area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My stay at this hotel was probably one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. The staff were very rude and not at all helpful. Our room was filthy and had a ton of dead bugs on the ceiling. The wifi costs 1 euro for 30 minutes and you are not even able to access wifi in your room, only downstairs in the very uncomfortable "lounge area". If you are handicapped, do not stay here either as there is no lift. My boyfriend and I are both young, active and strong individuals, and we were exhausted after having to carry our heavy suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. I don't know how this hotel can be considered a 3 star hotel. If it was possible to have negative stars, this hotel would earn it. Never returning to this place again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ESR1018
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Its conveniently located right outside of the Tre Archie Boat stop, but its on one of the side canals with not so good views.The only disadvantage we found was the lack of elevators, It was impossible for us to carry our heavy baggage up stairs through the narrow staircase. We chose to leave our baggage in the storage room downstairs since we stayed there for just one night. The staff were very nice and friendly. They were nice enough to hold our baggage in their store room till the evening although we had checked out that morning itself.
The room decor was beautiful and charming. Our daughter loved the room. The beds were also very comfortable and bath rooms were clean.
Breakfast was very minimal, not much to be expected!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family