“Felt like a princess in opulent room!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Tre Archi

Hotel Tre Archi
Ranked #228 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Melbourne
“Felt like a princess in opulent room!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I personally loved the faux French chateau or Venetian deco. Our room was very small but was very comfortable, decked out in blues and whites. I loved having a bath/shower and the bed was also very comfortable. Was not overly keen on the breakfast but we were both happy with the proximity to the Tre Archi boat stop which can take you anywhere in Venice.
The staff were very helpful though the wifi charge is a bit excessive and it only worked in the lobby areas. Overall, a very luxurious stay for a small cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SusannahPK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I read a number of reviews before settling on this hotel for my school trip. I took 5 youngsters and another member of staff. We were booked into a quad room, a double room and a single. The prices were good, but there was some confusion over the payment. Obviously, the school is not going to let me run around all over Europe with their credit card, so we used Booking.com which states that the payment will be taken immediately. A rather worrying email on the Friday before we were to leave for Venice showed us that this was definitely not the case. The hotel were very accommodating in sorting this out and we arrived, fairly early on the Monday, hoping for no further problems.

The hotel quite definitely fits the description “shabby chic”. It is very “olde worlde”, and totally matches one’s concept of ancient Venice, evoking a once-glorious and now fading history. The rooms were all quite small and a bit claustrophobic, particularly the bathrooms. The quad room was really just a double with two extra beds. The single room had two single beds in it and the double a double bed, so the two boys in the party and I did a swap. All the party reported that their beds were comfortable and clean (I know mine was). Both of the bathrooms were tiny. Although my middle age spread is now quite expansive, I shouldn’t have had to turn sideways to get into the shower cubicle. Bending down for the soap was dangerous to quite a few parts of my anatomy and there was no soap dish. Each time I turned around, I ended up changing the tap setting, resulting in scalding or freezing water. It was OK for the boys, though as they were both thinner than I am. This second floor room had a very large balcony, allowing all 7 of us to congregate there one evening to enjoy a spectacular lightning show.

The single room (or double room?) had an extremely narrow bath with a half glass partition. There were two shower heads, one just above head height and one with a flexible hose suitable for use sitting down. However, after adjusting the temperature, as I advanced towards the higher head, the water pressure reduced to a trickle and it went cold. I backed away, it went hot again! The low level shower worked with an awkward tap plunger, again in a dangerous place. It was better than the high level one in that the water didn’t change every time I moved, but I couldn’t stand up to shower and if I sat in the bath it was so narrow that it was uncomfortable and the hose kept getting in the way. As we were showering twice a day because of the 30+ degrees of heat, it was a nuisance. Also, as I suffer quite badly from arthritis, getting in and out of the very narrow bath was a trial.

The shower in the girls’ room was better, but the bathroom was obviously only intended for two. The air conditioning worked very well (thankfully) in all three rooms. Television was quite limited and I didn’t manage to find an English channel. However, who goes to Italy to watch TV?

Having said all of this, what do I expect for a budget price? The hotel staff were always courteous, willing, helpful and accommodating. Breakfast was basic, but plentiful – as was the coffee and other drinks. Although the bar had no wine, it had some basic beer and supplies of prosecco, both of which I sampled and did not find wanting. The bar facilities were not really important as there were plenty of local bars and restaurants open at all hours of the night.

Be very careful of the local restaurants. One of them ripped me off right royally on our last night when I treated the children to a posh meal. A review is on the way of the Trattoria Da Bepi.

Room Tip: The concierge is very helpful, just ask. There is not really a restaurant service, only breakfast (w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The actual location of the hotel is not good. It is a far walk from the the center. Thankfully we decided to take a water taxi from the train station to the hotel instead of pulling our luggage all the way there! We purchased the 3 day water bus pass (I can't remember the actual term) since there was a stop directly in front of the hotel. Well worth it as the water bus has stops along the Grande Canal, as well as Murano and Lido. The breakfast was typical. There was no elevator, which was so inconvenient for us since we were on the top floor.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Brit1810
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

Two students traveling to venice and we were AMAZED by this hotel for the price.
It was fully airconditioned, in a local, quieter area and had wonderful views.

The breakfast was included and was great. Staff was friendly.

Did I mention the airconditioning? in July...it was a gift from god.

If you're traveling on a budget and dont mind the walk to the hotel, book here- fast!

Better, cheaper and incredibly nicer than a hostel!

Room Tip: Choose a room the overlooks the Grand Canal!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah a
indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were booked intoTre Archi by travel agent the day before our cruise and the day we returned from our cruise. Read the reviews before so was expecting some of the problems, but was still disappointed by this hotel. Location is off the beaten path and is a very hot walk during summer months. The atmosphere of the hotel is definitely true Venetian, but could use lots of work.
After long,hot walk from train station, had to haul our luggage to top floor. No one offered to help and had two seniors in our group. Staff was not helpful and actually acted like we bothered them when asked for information etc. We did ask for rooms on the first floor when we returned from the cruise and that helped. My adult daughter backed into a light fixture and it broke and we were charged for the cost which seemed outrageous for what it was. Breakfast was fine and the garden area out back was very pleasant. Bathrooms were updated and clean, bedrooms very dark and beds uncomfortable. I would not recommend this hotel mainly because of the staff and location. We were in Italy and Greece for over 2 weeks and this is the only hotel I found unsatisfactory.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank indyann52

Travelers are raving about these Venice hotels

Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stay here in a 4-bed room for 2 nights.
It is well decorated actually as the picture you saw in the booking website.
The location is not so centre but good enough. It is easy to access from train station. We manage to arrive without map in a dark night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Yujiang
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

We stayed in hotel tre archi for our second night in venice after our first night in camp jolly(see review on camp jolly) forced us to move. My fellow travellers found this hotel on late rooms website we arrived at 2pm and only one room was available we checked in for that room and took our bags up. The room was lovely,an atmospheric venition room when we opened the shutters we were taken away by the view and beauty of the canal below, the water bus (vaperetto) stop is right outside the hotel. Once freshened up we went into the city. The second room was ready for 5pm not quite as nice as room 214. Our friends stayed in room 310 which is on the third floor in the attic with no window to open. The room is large but is nothing on our room on the 2nd floor. Breakfast is typical continental breakfast as served in most hotels, good and filling for day ahead. If you stay here which I suggest you do ask for a first floor or second floor canal facing room they are worth it.

• Stayed June 2012