Hotel Saturnia & International
Arlecchino Hotel(Venice)(Great Value!)
$158
$153
Hotels.com
Hotel Savoia & Jolanda(Venice)
$374
$326
2,665 results
All reviewsla caravellawater taxihotel restaurantdesigner shopsmark's squareexcellent locationwonderful hotelroof terraceold worldthe hotel staffshort walkglass factoryclose to san marcoour room was spaciousst marksbottle of proseccocentral location
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Our family occupied three rooms at this neat old hotel in mid-June. It is centrally located and within easy walking distance of what Venice has to offer. Water taxies are readily available when needed; they are also used for transport to and from the hotel along with one's luggage. The staff at Hotel Saturnia was very professional and went out of their way to be helpful. My husband is on insulin which needs refrigeration, and they were very acommodating in that respect. There are reliable porters there to handle one's luggage, both at check in and check out, something we sadly found out (at a hotel in Florence) that not all hotels offer. Their breakfast buffet left little to be desired and was being continually replenished as needed. There seemed to have been a manager there in the spacious breakfast buffet area who was constantly supervising the operation and kept things running very smoothly. The bedrooms/bathrooms were very clean, thanks to the neatly dressed maid service staff, and were well maintained as were the other areas of the hotel, all being furnished with lovely old furniture. I would not hesitate to stay at the Hotel Saturnia on a return visit.

2  Thank Mildred R
Reviewed June 28, 2014

My family of 5 enjoyed this hotel the most out of all the hotels that we visited while in Italy. We had 2 rooms which accommodated us well for the 3 days and 2 nights that we were in Venice. I felt like I was in old time Italy, but had all the luxuries of home. The morning breakfast held in the garden was delicious and very convenient. Andrea, the concierge, was the most helpful of all the hotels that we stayed. I recommend that you meet him even if you don't stay at this hotel. Thank you Andrea and staff for providing us with such a wonderful visit. We will be back!

1  Thank Vincent A
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Best location in Venice! Nothing beats arriving by water taxi in the back of the hotel on the canal. You can walk anywhere from this location. Our 3rd stay at this hotel!! Rooms are great, the newer edition is a nice compliment.

Room Tip: The newer edition have more modern rooms.
1  Thank 660DCJ
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My daughter, best friend and I had the opportunity to stay at Hotel Saturnia the weekend of June 13th. The location couldn't get any better. The hotel itself is charming, clean and comfortable. Very typical antique venetian furnishings...our room was very spacious. The staff was courteous and extremely helpful. Their restaurant recommendations were all extremely excellent. Great Food! We also ate at the restaurant one evening, and the food was great! The breakfast buffet was great...fresh juices, fruit, pastries, cereals etc. If I get another chance to visit Venice, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank chulita2010
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Very much enjoyed my stay here. We had a room with a terrace that looked over the red tiled rooftops of the area. The location was great for sight seeing. It was right off of San Marco Square so it was an easy walk to the main attractions. Also, Venice can become confusing and easy to get lost in, but there are a lot of signs pointing you back to this main square so it was pretty easy to find your way back. There is also a snack bar down the block that was convenient for some nice cold bottles of water to take along on your touring. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant the night we arrived and found the food, service and wine selection to be wonderful.

I cannot say enough about the helpful staff at the hotel. One night there I fell down the two small stairs on the way to the elevator. I don't have the best balance. Everything I had in my hands went flying, including my camera. I was so shaken up I forgot I had my camera in my hand and it must have flown down the hallway. I was convinced I lost it during that evening and was heart broken that I would have lost my camera as well as all the pics I had already taken. The next morning I was surprised to find out that one of the maids found the camera lying in the hallway and gave it to the front desk. Fantastico!

I also want to give a shout out to Isaaco (not sure of the spelling). He is the bartender at the hotel bar and he was just delightful. He served all of the drinks we ordered with a smile and easy charm. He also created a couple for me that he thought I would enjoy when we came back overheated and tired from our travels around the city during some warmer than normal June days. Each was a winner.

The only blemish during my stay was the free boat ride the hotel offers to Murano. It basically goes to 1 glass place, it is a high pressure sale for expensive merchandise and they only shuttle you there and back. You do get a little exhibition of how the glass is blown, but you can find that in other places on the island as well. Trying to get our of their store/showroom to see the rest of the Murano was like breaking out of jail. Skip this and take the Vaporetto to Murano and explore the Island in whole. In the hotel's defense, it seems a good number of the hotels in Venice have a similar set up with specific glass manufacturers.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple