“Hotel Saturnia was SUPERB!”

Hotel Saturnia & International
Ranked #36 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Williamsport, Pennsylvania, United States
“Hotel Saturnia was SUPERB!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

In June 2013, my family made the long flight to Europe and Venice was part of a whirlwind trip. I booked Hotel Saturnia due to it's location to the grand canal. It was by far my favorite hotel of the entire trip (Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Ireland) - We LOVED IT! The location, room size, and staff were top notch. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Venice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear KristaE,
Thanks for your review ! We're very proud in reading we were your favourite Hotel during your vacation across Europe. That's really nice !
Thanks again and hopefully see you soon !!!
Greta - Zoe Serandrei

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I first came to Venice in l989, with my sister, and have subsequently returned 20 times. 14 of my holidays have been spent at The Saturnia, the last being Christmas 2013. Other holidays have been in rented apartments with my family. 1989 was the first time I had travelled abroad but the welcome received then and subsequently has ensured that this is the one hotel in Venice I will always return to.

I have slept in a wide variety of rooms, each with their own individual decor and outlook. Spacious, clean bath/shower rooms and plenty of storage space which is frequently lacking in modern hotels. This time I had Room 90 which I found very comfortable. The shower was incredible. I love the first floor lounge area with its sofas, piano, creaky stairs and the array of books which can be borrowed whilst staying there. For those without a laptop, like myself, there are two computers available for guests to use.

La Caravella, the hotel's restaurant, produces the most amazing meals and I have never eaten such tender beef anywhere else. So tender that teeth aren't really needed! Service is friendly and the waiters are willing and able to advise on wines to accompany your meal choices. Unlike many places they keep an eye on what is needed whether it's to refill a water or wine glass or take away used dishes. They don't ignore you. Prices include everything - from cover charge to service charges. The price on the menu is what you pay - nothing more. This Christmas there was a special menu but choices could be made from the normal menu.

The buffet breakfast is plentiful and varied and includes an assortment of cereals, yoghurts, fruit juices, cold meats and cheeses, eggs (scrambled/boiled) and bacon, breads, rolls, jams, cakes for those with a sweet tooth and various fresh fruits. Coffee is to order not from a D-I-Y machine

The concierge service is really great. If you need advice on flight timetables, events, weather forecasts, exhibitions, etc. Andrea and his colleagues are there to help you and will make bookings if necessary. As there was an aqua alta during my stay I was offered the use of wellington boots should I desire to go paddling in Piazza San Marco.

The hotel is situated very close to Piazza San Marco (5 minutes) and two vaporetto stops are nearby, La Fenice is a few steps behind the hotel (you can see it from some of the rooms) and if you want to spend some of your hard earned savings on designer clothes or handbags the shops are close by. To make the most of the city bring your walking shoes.

I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Venice and wouldn't want to as that's where my heart is.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank bylchristi
Dear Mrs. B.
you know, I was very pleased to read your review.
Thanks for your nice words ... your continuous visits are for us a great honour !
We wait for you soon
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Not cheap but good value. Helpful staff. Close to water taxi station for going to and from the airport. The room was modern and nice. Take a canal view room if you don't mind a bit of noise in exchange for a special view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Gideonsc,
glad you've appreciated your stay... and pleased to read you'd loved our location, your room and our helpful staff !
We wish you all the best for 2014
Garden City, NY
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Hotel Saturnia is ideally located on a chic street in the heart if Venice. Its staff is friendly and accommodating. Breakfast in the garden is bountiful and certainly one of the highlights of the hotel stay. We were disappointed with our room, which was cramped and outdated. Worst of all, the bathtub was visibly dirty and ill-maintained. To our dismay, it remained that way throughout the duration of our stay despite housekeeping coming in daily to clean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank r0andj0e
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear guest,
altough I am pleased to hear you've found our Hotel very well located, our breakfast great and our staff friendly and accommodating I am almost shocked to read your comments on the bathtub that you describe as dirty and ill-maintained. I'll try my best to find out room number you've lodged in during your stay to personally check the situation.
We would have preferred anyway to be advised while you were here as we could have moved you into a room that you would have liked better and of course check at that time if the housekeeping were not doing her job correctly.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The hotel was very very clean, the location was very good. In a street where all the big italian names have located their stores. The ambiance, was very nice and up to the standards you can expect in a location like this. The room was very nice and was cleaned very good. The hotel staff, helped us a lot when we wanted to go somewhere, with very detailed instructions! They even arranged a boat trip to a glass factory in Murano (Free of charge, and we could get on at the docks from the hotel located at the back), and they also got us back to the San Marco square afterwards.

They arranged a beautiful gondola with music, called Venice by Night. The escorted us to the place where it would take place. A big plus is that you could pay right at the hotel.

The breakfast was very good prepared, and tasted wonderful! You could last a full day on the breakfast.

The bar/restaurant located next to the hotel, has very nice drinks and you can eat there with 10% discount off the menu if you are a hotel guest.

The hotel staff was very kind, they helped us in anyway they could, if we are going to venice again, we don't have to question what hotel we want!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear PatrickB1985,
your review makes us feel very proud of our job and I do thank you very much !!!
Reviews are very important for us they give us the chance to understand if we're doing a nice job or if there's something we can improve.
Next time I hope you'll try our restaurant La Caravella where I am sure you'd enjoy a perfect meal !
We really hope we'll soon have the pleasure to welcome you again,
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is located in a central location and walkable distance to all the attractions. Very nice hotel with good breakfast. The hotel staff very helpful and arranged a boat trip to the glass factory,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lekha2013
serandrei, Proprietario at Hotel Saturnia & International, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. It means a lot to us.
We really hope to welcome you again,
Sand City, California
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotel Saturnia and International was our last stop on our Italy excursion. We were so pleased with the location and ambiance of the hotel. Venice and the hotel Saturnia took our breath away. It has an old world charm to it with five star quality in room dining (some of the best lobster pasta I have ever had). One of my favorite parts of the hotel was the maze like layout that eventually leads to a roof top deck where you get a great view of the city. It was in an ideal location for our daily excursions, right in the middle of everything. I would definitely recommend this hotel to future travelers and hope we are able to go back someday.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear " Britpaige ",
I do thank you very much for your wonderful review!
We're proud to hear we were good and nice enough to take your breath away : )
We wish you all the best ... we relly hope we'll have someday the pleasure to welcome you again ... too early your first wedding anniversary ? : )
From all of us : thank you !!!