“Great location.”
Review of Hotel Torino

Hotel Torino
Ranked #210 of 385 Hotels in Venice
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The hotel is in a great location just a short walk from St Marks square. The room we had was very small but adequate for our needs. The breakfast room again was very small and cramped but the choice of food was very good. I am not sure I would want to stay here in the summer with the lack of A/C as even In May the room became quite stuffy.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The hotel is in a good location in Venice. My wife and I stayed in the main hotel, not in any annex that I have read about in other reviews. The room was small, but nicely furnished. The breakfast was ok and the staff in general were helpful and friendly during our stay. However, the reason for this negative review is that I stayed for two nights and got 70+ bed bug bites, implying that my room had a serious manifestation. The bites ruined my trip and were itchy for a full week after. The hotel admitted that sometimes guests get bitten and reduced my bill by one night (the cheapest night), however if I had known I would have been bitten like this I would not have stayed for any price. I emailed a complaint to the hotel and tried to get in touch with them again with another follow up email but received no response from the hotel, which was very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Neil S
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The location is fabulous! Near San Marco and Santa Maria del Giglio.
Attention: The entrance is in a corner! We missed it twice :-) See the photo we uploaded…
We stayed 3 nigths in May 2013 and we visited all the places by foot.
Friendly staff. The hotel prepared a welcome surprise for us (fruits and champagne in the room)! At the reception they booked for us the tickets for a concert. They have the ability to book every kind of concert in Venice.
The room was good and cleaned. It was the upper one. Perfect for us!
Breakfast is fair. Free internet wifi.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RFGo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the end of March 2014. The location is unbeatable and the front desk staff was friendly.
However, we got the distinct impression that the experience of the stay highly depends on the room you get assigned. We were put into the annex, Casa Moro. Whilst the room was of an acceptable size and had a very nice roof terrace, the decor was so dated and worn down that we couldn't help ourselves but feeling that the room wasn't tidy to a standard you would expect from a 3-star rated place. the bathroom was modern and squeaky clean so cleanliness clearly wasn't an issue. It was just this degree of decay/ dilapidation in the actual room that aroused the impression.
The bigger problem was that the temperature in the room couldn't be regulated at all. The room thermostat didn't work and we were told by hotel staff that this could only be done for the whole floor. The result: the heating was always on full blast in the room, despite outside temperatures being very mild. This created a very unpleasant "sauna" effect which couldn't even be overcome by having the window open all night. Needless to say that having your communal roof terrace door open isn't necessarily great as it invites intruders...
The breakfast room was very crammed, with not enough capacity for all the rooms in the hotel. The 'first come first served' worked out fairly OK, but people were on top of each other vying for the buffet in a very limited space, making this a stressful rather than enjoyable experience. The food served was mediocre, not very fresh and of limited choice. Although there were staff efforts to top up as and when things ran out, this didn't work out so well, making guest "take any chances", adding to the stressful environment in a restricted space.
Overall, one of the poorer hotel stays I had in my life.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrea_Virks
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Just returned from a 5 night stay and we had a great time at the Hotel Torino. We stayed in the annexe which is situated around the corner from the hotel reception. I'm always a bit nervous when I get stuck in a different section/annexe of a hotel but I couldn't be happier as it was really quiet. The room was large with a HUGE bed. It was all very Venetian and elaborate.
I don't understand the issues people had with the Wifi in the annexe as it worked fine for us. Sometimes it would drop out but if you do the age old 'turn it off and on again' trick, it would work again immediately.
The location couldn't be better. Really close to the Alilaguna and an easy walk to St Marks.
All of the staff are lovely (they even remembered my birthday from seeing my passport at check in) and super helpful.
I would have no issues with staying at the Torino again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angeline S
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I went with my wife and stayed for 5 days, and I am happy to say...
Hotel Torino: A real value for money.
Staff: Service with smile.
Location: Amazing for vacation.
As we move around, we find Torino almost in centre of all attractions, hardly 10 minutes away is the most attractive land mark St. Marks Square, 15 to 20 minutes to main tourist attraction, The Rialto Bridge, Branded shops just few steps away, so were the water boats and Gondola rides.

Room Tip: It was amazing that we had the room, the one they had on their broacher "Map" between brea...