Alexander Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$277
$394
$323
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Al Duca di Venezia(Venice)(Great Value!)
$294
$482
$420
$360
  • Room Service
All reviewstram stopbuy ticketsunderground garageclose to public transportvisiting venicevenice islandnight portervery nice hotelvery nice stayfollowing morningenjoyed my stayhammarco polo airportroom was clean and comfortableday passminute walkcouple of nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2013

For a four star hotel it's very cheap - but you get what you pay for. It's a plain hotel, the lobby is boring, the rooms are very small, but the staff are very friendly and helpful. They don't have a swimming pool, and that was a bit of a disappointment since it's a 4 star hotel.The hotel is in Mestre, not Venice, but it's only a 10 minute bus ride to Venice so that's good. Thumbs up for this hotel if you're looking for a cheap place to stay near Venice

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I find the prvious reviews rather harsh, the hotel is ok, they don't pretend to be in Venice and the bus routes are excellent from only a 3-4min walk to the bus stop, you can get bus tickets from the Tabaconnists near the bus stop and she will adivse you on what to do, very lovely lady!
The hotel itself is rather ambitous with a 4* rating, possibly 3 perhaps!
Breakfast was reasonable and certainly put us on for the day, lots of fruit/pastries/cereals/toast (if you want to wait until lunchtime for it to toast ;-) ) and scrambled eggs and bacon.
We had no noise issues from other rooms, room was clean not enormous but live-able, beds firm but not rigid.
We parked outside for our stay as we were touring around, once parked up, the car was there for 2.5days, cars were changing so the amount of spaces was not an issue for us either, it was just nice to not have to pay for the priviledge!
There was some works going on in the hotel but the only time we noticed was when we were being lazy and had a lay in on checkout day!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I did not lie this place at all! Had to stay here because another one I usually stay at was too expensive this time (NH Laguna Palace) so have booked a room here. First, there was 3-4 parking places available for the whole hotel, my room had less then 10 square meters I would say, not to comment the overall "look and feel" of the furniture as well as the overall place. The breakfast was very basic, the only thing I can say is that the staff at the reception was quite ok. I would not stay here any more and I would hardly give it 2+ stars...

Room Tip: If you do not have to stay here, do not stay, If you are only looking for a cheap way to stay close to Venice, it might be ok if you come, sleep and leave... Don't get fooled by the "stars" and their pictures on the web....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sebastian R
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I booked this 2 night weekend as my mums Christmas present, looking at the 4* rating thought it was good... Boy was I wrong!!
On looking at the Alexander Hotels website, it stated that you have to get a blue ACTV bus, good luck with this... There are FIVE!! We managed to get the bus at the furthest end, after a mish mash of signals and hand gestures! We had no idea that it wouldn't stop at each place, and I thought I saw the road as we passed it, we asked the bus driver who then kicked us out at the furthest point away from the hotel!! At the I formation booth we managed to find out the right bus and a local man helped us with the stop.
Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted and given our room....
The door has to be unlocked, pulled toward you and then pushed forward, my mum who has arthritis could not do this, I had to, so be warned about that!!
In the bathroom there was long black hairs everywhere, rust in the bath, a toilet that when flushed it spat everything out everywhere and an interesting plug hole in the bath, that pretty much did as it liked!!
I found makeup on the carpet beside my bed, someone left their compact eye shadow behind and I found it, good hoovering skills!!
The breakfast, I read Trip Advisor after we got here and people were saying about cold eggs and bacon... You think it's a joke, but it's not!! It's all cold!!
Oh and for a non smoking hotel, curious because there is an ash tray in the room, and the smoking smell to go with it!! Not impressed!!!!
Oh, and the free wifi?! No, it's €2 for 24 hours use. Not impressed at all!!
Don't stay here if your looking for home comforts or even if your on a business trip. Only stay here if all other hotels are full and your desperate!! Only worth 1, perhaps 2 stars at most!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank molly_dollly
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Even i got mislead by the 4 start claim that the hotel makes. In reality it is not even close to a decent 2 star hotel.

There was a nasty smell in the entire lobby, which passed on to the rooms as well. The lifts were like a roller-coster ride making a lot of noise and if 2 people get in the lift there is no room for the luggage.

The worst part was that you could actually hear the people talking in next room. Even worse was if anyone in the other room's washroom used flush you feel like you're in there.

The only good thing was the continental breakfast that these guys serve.

Book at your own risk.

Room Tip: Don't go on the photographs posted. Reviews are a better parameter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple