Al Ponte Antico Hotel
$313
$278
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Boscolo Venezia, Autograph Collection(Venice)(Great Value!)
$371
Hotel Dona Palace(Venice)
$363
getaroom.com
1,385 results
All reviewsrialto bridgegrand canalcrepeswater taxiboutique hotelterrace overlookinghotel terracemoment you arrivejunior suitethe entire staffevery staff memberwatching the worldevery morningstay in venicesmall hotelwatching the boatsour honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband booked this hotel for us when we went for our honeymoon, saying its the top rated hotel in the world by tripadvisor. And what better place to start our 24 day long honeymoon from Venice! After my stay here, I keep comparing my stay at every hotel I stay at, with Al Ponte. It was the most fascinating 4 days of my life. The rooms are tiny, but who cares when everything else is so perfect. We had the bar to ourselves at night and the balcony was our opening to Venice after 10 (as we went in the winter and it gets damn cold at night). The most wonderful thing was wen we cvisited Venice again after a year back, the hotel staff actually recognized us!! Couldn't get over the fact that someone actuaaly knows us in Venice! You have to be really lucky to have stayed here in your lifetime, so please book in advance or postpone your dates !

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shreya86
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed at Al Ponte Antico from June 9 - 13. We stayed in their regular rooms, we were assigned room 104 in the second floor. The room was spacious for Europe and specially venice standards. The bathroom was also spacious. I have read that other rooms don't have spacious bathrooms but ours did. There was only one complaint about the room. The shower. There was a bathtub (i guess that the bathtub was there in order to help "hide" the plumbing system) so when you were standing in the bath tub my head was actually touching the roof. For someone taller than me that might end up being a deal breaker. I guess if they took out the bathtub and put a regular shower it would become more spacious.
Now the hotel is only 9 rooms, 3 in the first floor and 5 in the second floor. Breakfast was included and cooked to order by Mateo, the hotel owner, every morning. We were greeted by our first names as soon as we arrived, and all the hotel staff addressed us by our first names during our entire stay, which made the experience incredible.
Two years and a half ago we stayed at their other property in venice, the Locanda Orseolo. You could say both hotels are very similar, but the Al Ponte Antico hotel has a feature that sets it apart, not only from the Locanda but from any other hotel: The Balcony on the second floor overlooking the Grand Canal and the Rialto Bridge. Now the view to the Rialto on the left hand side was obstructed by a construction taking place in the next door building, but the sights were still amazing. We actually found ourselves returning to the hotel to have a drink at the balcony. Whit that view, that you are not going to find at any bar or restaurant in Venice, you will find yourself returning to the hotel to have a drink and enjoy the incredible view.
During our stay we were able to enjoy breakfast every day in the balcony (there are 9 rooms and only five tables at the balcony) which was an amazing experience. And at night there is no better place in venice to enjoy a drink and just watch life go by. You could actually se people from gondolas and Vaporettos taking pictures of us and other guests in the balcony. It is that amazing.
My only suggestion to the hotel is that with that incredible view they have at the Balcony, we would have love to have the option to enjoy our drinks with some snacks at night. That way you could arrive at night, enjoy a drink in the balcony and pick up a snack or something similar. They could even use the "honor" system were they could leave a book and you would write down what you took.
For those of us that need to be connected 24/7 the hotel had wireless wifi and also a 21" IMac in the second floor, were you could check your email.
The attention to detail in the hotel was amazing, helping us with concert tickets, reservations at restaurants and suggestions about were to have lunch or dinner. All the recommendations were on target, the restaurant A Beccafico was a very good choice and also a pizza place they recommended. They also recommended a place to buy italian wine that was just steps away from the hotel, it was called Milli Vini, and we were able to find a great selection of great italian wines to take back home.
The location of the hotel is also a great plus. You are basically steps away from the Rialto Bridge and about a 10 minute walk to St, Mark's Square, which makes the location extremely convenient.
If you are planning to go to venice, this is the place to stay. After our stay at this incredible hotel we would not consider another option.

Room Tip: If you want to sleep later, ask for a room in the second floor on the back of the property. Room 104 was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Besttravel_28
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Al Ponte Antico. Matteo and his team deserve six stars for service. If only other hotels knew how to treat their guests like this, we would all enjoy travelling a whole lot more. I was impressed at how Oliver knew our first names as we walked through their doors the first time, before getting the chance to mutter a word. In fact, everyone went out of their way to make us feel like special guests.

Aside from the stellar service, the location can't be better. The hotel is just a few minutes from Rialto Bridge, a very central location for a tourist. Just take vaparetto # 2 (express) heading to S.Marco from either the train or the airport and get off at Rialto. Once you get off, head left and hug the water. The hotel is down an alley. Nearby is a great wine store called Vini Mille. Also, if you are reading this you probably already found out that Da Mamo, a top rated restaurant, is located nearby. I say skip Da Mamo and go to Barababao (the boogeyman) instead. It's just as close with better service, food, and prices, in my humble opinion.

Our room was tastefully decorated, plenty big, and had ample storage. While we enjoyed our room, we loved the terrace. It was great sitting out there having breakfast, drinking prosecco, and sharing stories with fellow travelers. Check out the faces of all the people sailing by. They look at you like you are a movie star. We didn't see too many other hotels that had a terrace like this on the grand canal.

I would stay here again without hesitation. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to do so in the not-so-distant future. Bravo to Al Ponte Antico and grazie mille to Matteo, Alex, Da Tomas, Oliver, Rosalba, and David!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank VacationDude
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of May for our honeymoon and it was amazing. Our room was small but everything else was so wonderful we didnt care. The staff are so friendy - everybody knows your name, the location is so central - you can always find your way home, and the terrace is wonderful - the best place in Venice to sit with a glass of wine and watch the world go by ! I have never written a review about anywhere else before, but I just had to share my experience and say a massive 'Thankyou' to all the staff.
from Emma and Gary, Brighton, UK

Room Tip: spend a little extra and go for the larger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

From the moment my husband and I were met by Christiano and Alex at the hotel's private dock on the Grand Canal, we were treated like old family friends! By knowing our names, to giving us the VIP tour of the hotel we immediately felt at home.
The hotel is perfectly situated less than a block away from the Rialto Bridge, and is beautifully appointed with luxurious classic Venetian features. It is easy to see that owner, Matteo Peruch, takes great pride in exceptional customer service.
From beginning to end of our amazing stay in Venice, Matteo and his team were engaged in ensuring we had everything we needed- from dinner reservations at wonderful, neighborhood restaurants to recommending local, non-touristy points of interest.
In addition to all of the above, one of high points of our stay was the amazingly delicious breakfast buffet; and my personal recommendation to all readers of this review- be sure and ask Matteo to make one of his "special" omlettes for you. It is truly fabulous!
Bottom line, there is only ONE place to stay in Venice and this is it!!
To Matteo and all of our friends at Al Ponte Antico- keep watching that boat dock, because Don and I will be back- A presto! Ciao!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple