“Miraviglioso!”

Venice Italian School
More attraction details
Owner description: Buongiorno! Venice Italian School specializes in language courses for individuals and small groups of adults. Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced student, whether you are learning for personal or professional reasons, we will organize and run the best language course for you in the heart of Venice. Our lessons are engaging and practical: relying on the communicative method, we will get you to practice your Italian while learning new structures and vocabulary. Our highly professional and extremely friendly approach maximizes learning time: improvement in your Italian will quikly show! Ti aspettiamo :)
London UK
“Miraviglioso!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I would like to thank everyone at the School for a really good week - interesting, challenging and very very good for my Italian. I met other students of 4 different nationalities and we all had a very good week of learning. The B&B recommended by the school was also excellent and everyone I met was friendly, helpful and good fun. The teachers both had different styles and made an excellent balance to the classes. Everyone was catered for in the class according to their ability, personality and experiences. I would highly recommend the school and of course Venice is always a treat! Thank you Lucia and Diego.

Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

North London
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Stupendissimo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have been learning Italian on and off for about 10 years, in the early days with Diego in London. We have tried various teachers with different degrees of success and even though we live in Italy we have not been able to find as good a teacher as Diego. We have now resumed our lessons with the Venice Italian School on a distance learning basis and are delighted to find that Diego is still as excellent a teacher as ever. We can judge the quality of his teaching from when I was an absolute beginner to now as a reasonably proficient Italian speaker.

His teaching style is simultaneously highly professional and relaxed and informal. He is an excellent listener and pitches his feedback appropriately. A lesson feels like chatting for an hour with a good friend and flies past, at the end of it you realise that you have also had valuable instruction and that your Italian has really moved on. He also introduces an interesting range of contemporary sources so that you simultaneously develop your knowledge of Italian culture and current affairs.

Visited June 2013
Shamong, New Jersey
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“10 Days in Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Venice Italian School, under the direction of Diego and Lucia Cattaneo, was the highlight of my stay in Venice. The classes were well organized and interesting. The subject matter was varied enough to keep your interest and the time flew by. There is nothing like experiencing Venice with a Venetian. We had experiences such as rowing a gondola, visiting a glass blower's studio, and navigating the transportation system in and around Venice. The entire Cattaneo family was delightful and went the extra mile for our group. I'm hoping to return!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank KathyKL0928
Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience in Venice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The staff was fantastic. The classes were tailored to include everyone at their own level. You never felt it was over your head or you were being left out. I learned so much more than just the language...there was the culture, the traditions, the beauty of Venice. They made the classes fun & there was lots of interaction. I especially liked that they had nearby restaurants that worked with you in a real life scenario, helping you to order & make conversation in Italian.

If you're lucky, you will get to meet Carlos, Father of the owners. He went with us on one of our Field Trips to Burano and told us great stories as we walked around the town...like how they flavor their grappa with the little pine cones growing on the island. He is an unbelievable wealth of information and the cutest thing ever!

I advise booking directly with the School. I booked a tour through FaceBook that included the classes. The Tour was a nightmare...but the school is Fabulous!

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An amazing Italian experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I spent a week at Venice Italian School in January 2013. I was fortunate enough to do an individual daily tutorial for 2 hours with one of the teachers. The experience was exceptional. The teacher tailored the classes to my areas of interest and provided well researched, well constructed classes.
I also did a cooking class with the school. I was welcomed into a real Italian kitchen! This was a lot of fun and another great way of expanding my Italian vocabulary.
The amount of support provided by the school prior to my visit (in regards to booking accommodation and sourcing restaurants) was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble for Diego and he was easily contactable and accessible.
I strongly recommend the Venice Italian School. The experience is a truly authentic Italian experience.

Visited January 2013