2 people are viewing this hotel
$194
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$194
Hotels.com$194
eDreams$194
Travelocity$194
1,100 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant st marks square bottle of prosecco san marco square perfect stay ham lagoon concierge boat venezia vaporetto
Selected filters
Reviewed July 21, 2019

We stayed for three nights 5/13/-15/2019 after arrival from Newark, NJ. The private water taxi took us directly to it's canal entrance. The hotel is located two bridges from St Mark's cathedral. It is a compact and nicely decorated hotel and there is a gelato shop adjacent it. It was a perfect location for all the sightseeing we did. We stayed on the second floor but it was no effort climbing the stairs, even though there is an elevator. We could walk to every place we wanted to see and the vaparetto station was a short walk towards St Mark's. The staff were polite and helpful, rooms kept very nicely by domestic staff. The room was very nice, with a comfortable king bed. My only issue was the room lighting, which I thought was a bit dim at night even with all the lights on. The breakfasts were wonderful, with everything I might think of for breakfast. There is even a terrace on the top floor, with both enclosed and open sections, where you can sit with a drink and look across the canal. We were also picked up in a water taxi (our agent arranged) to take us to the train station.

1  Thank Terry G
Reviewed July 6, 2019

The hotel is very comfortable, a short walk from St. Mark's Square and very close to vaporetto (water bus) stops. The staff is very accommodating and friendly. Nice patio bar with a good view. Breakfast is very good.

Room tip: The rooms that face the water (Giudecca Canal) have a nice view.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Anonymous-_1914
Reviewed June 10, 2019

The hotel is in a great location, on the main canal, three (3) bridges down from St. Mark’s square. The rooms are spacious and done in classic Venetian design: a Murano chandelier and wallpaper on every surface. The hotel staff is very friendly and willing to help. The only disappointment was the roof top dining room. The restaurant is billed as a special feature, typically available only to hotel guests. It has a great view but the food was the worst meal I had in Italy. The food was not terrible but rated a 2 on a scale of 1-5. I suppose one restaurant will gain the honor of being the least favorite over a two week stay but for it to be this one was very disappointing. Also, it was expensive. So, stay here for a great location at a fraction of the Hotel Daneli’s price. Take all the dough you save and eat at Daneli.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank da b
Robertino3, Direttore at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2019

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for your very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
I'm sorry you didn't like the food, honestly this is the first bad review about it in the last three years! I'm really sorry about that, please accept my apologise.

Did you talk about that at the desk or at the Maitre in the terrace?

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice, have a great day!

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Short walk to St Marks and lots of wonderful restaurants. Good breakfast. Rooms dated and that’s okay for furniture but lighting in rooms isn’t great. Bell staff friendly but front desk won’t look at you unless you address them. Didn’t feel very welcomed at all.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank n0nd0c

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for your very kind review.
I'm sorry you found the behaviour of the front desk a little bit "cold". Sometimes is hard to understand if our guests want to stay quiet or if they want to spend few minutes talking.
I'm sorry you felt unwelcome, that was not the intention at all. Please accept my apologise.

I hope to have the chance to have you again here, thank you and have a nice day!

Reviewed June 6, 2019

I would highly recommend staying at this wonderful hotel. It is close to all amenities, the staff are very helpful and the room with 'a view' was outstanding. Our view was right on the Grand Canal and we loved it. I can't wait to come back to Venice and stay at the Hotel Locanda Vivaldi.

Room tip: Great views, clean and staff are friendly.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank kelstar1968

Buongiorno!

Thanks a lot for your very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice!

Please remember that direct reservation are always more convenient! We have great dealls and a lot of amenities are included in the reservation.

Warmest regards!