2 people are viewing this hotel
$194
Free cancellation until 10/30/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
$194
Priceline$194
Hotels.com$194
eDreams$194
1,100 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant st marks square bottle of prosecco san marco square perfect stay ham lagoon concierge boat venezia vaporetto
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2016

I chose this hotel for its location, as my husband and I travelled with my mother who has mobility issues. I chose wisely. Not only is the hotel ideally located, it is lovely.
We took a private water taxi directly to the hotel, where they have a private dock. It is 100 Euro for the taxi and for us, it was worth every penny. We did not need to schlep our bags over bridges and fight fellow travelers doing the same thing. As we walked into the courtyard, we were greeted by the aroma of gardenias.
Locanda Vivaldi is a quick walk to Piazza San Marco and there are plenty of vaporetto stops just outside. There is a lift in the hotel, and on the top floor, a restaurant which we enjoyed twice during our short stay. We also enjoyed breakfast in their dedicated breakfast room on the ground floor each day. There were tons of options and they were all tasty. We had breakfast and didn't eat again until dinner most days.
We had rooms overlooking the lagoon which was worth it. You can hear people outside enjoying themselves in the evening, but don't let that stop you from booking. The views are incredible.
All the staff were friendly, willing to help and were very responsive to emails during the planning period.
An added bonus for me was the Vivaldi connection.
All in all, it was a fantastic stay and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Robertino3, Direttore at Hotel Locanda Vivaldi, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2016

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice.

Please remember that direct bookings are always more convenient: they are less expensive, more flexible and you get much better informations about what you are going to book. And you are also eligible to free upgrades and amenities. One of the amenities is our vintage boat, it's free of charge when you book directly with us!!!

Have a great day!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Location is the best, Terrace restaurant excellent view and food very good. Rooms are good, clean but needs a bit of attention to detail. Staff very friendly. Close to all attractions. Reception staff very helpful.

Room tip: ask for the suite - its more spacious and has a extra living area
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Reviewed August 22, 2016

I stayed here in February 2016 and the Hotel was extremely friendly and welcoming, more like a private house than a hotel. The situation is first class - even fantastic, facing the lagoon of Saint Mark and the island of St Giorgio and very near to the water bus stops and all the major attractions of Venice. The Hotel is in a line of very Grand Hotels on the Venice waterfront.
My room was a good size with a very well appointed bathroom and a view to die for. Although this is classified as an 'Inn' the appointments and standards of furnishing were much better than the name suggests. The room was 18th century in style but very clean and well serviced every day.
The breakfast room facing on to a small canal at the rear of the building was charming, light and airy and the breakfast was a full buffet with all one could expect. There were not a great number of guests at that time of year so staff were not run off their feet.

Room tip: In my opinion it is worth having a room at the front with a view of the lagoon and St Giorgio.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank gpl676

Thanks a lot for you very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
And I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice.

Reviewed August 20, 2016

Visited in August 2016. Four nights. Hotel is situated about 200m from St. Marks Square, so location is pretty tiptop. Room was fine, view out over the lagoon. Breakfast was OK - eggs and bacon, croissants, cheese/meats. Great coffee. The rooftop terrace was a treat to relax in with a bottle of something after a hard days walking about (we broke our never-eat-in-the-hotel duck there when we had an evening of biblical rain). My only criticism was that the air conditioning in the room didn't go lower than lava!

Room tip: Ask for a lagoon view. We were on the 2nd floor.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PlanetGaffnet

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice.

I'm sorry if the air conditioning was not cold enough for your standards! August sometimes can be super hot and it can be challenging in an historical building to go lower than 20 degrees in the room when outside is 40!!!

Have a great day!

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

We stayed 3 days for our wedding anniversary and it was a perfect chiice.
The hotel is very close to Piazza di Sn Marcos, the vaporeto stop is just 20 m in front and there are plenty of cafes restaurants and shops around. They have good wifi included.
Rooms are of good size and are nicely decorated to a fine detail and with a touch of luxury all in venetian style. There is a small puer for gondolas if you so wish to arrive, which is a godd spot for a pucture. All staff was attentive and efficient. We were offered free drinks on the terrace bar and there the view was fantastic, they offer good prices too so it is a good option to visit.
The breakfast buffet was good quality, varied, good coffe and plentiful.
This is a good option to enjoy Venice.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank danp446

Thanks a lot for you very kind review, I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us!
And I hope to have the chance to welcome you again here in Venice.