Ca dei Polo
$394
$323
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel Al Duca di Venezia(Venice)(Great Value!)
$294
$482
$417
$360
  • Room Service
All reviewsb btrain stationgrand canalpeople moverroof terracelarge suitesingle roomcruise terminalexcellent locationminute walka wonderful place to staymini fridgebreakfast roomstayed for nightsconvenient locationmodern bathroomvenetian style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The 3 days i stayed here were just amazing!!! Francesca made me feel at home and it made my solo stay in Venice absolutely awesome!! The bed was small but comfortable, breakfast was brought to your room and the hotel location is just the best, its located near the train station and the water bus station. I highly recommend this hotel! Thanks Francesca....will definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Staying in this B&B was a total delight. Our room (Malipiero) was clean, spacious, comfortable, and had a great view of the canal. Massimiliano, Francesca, and the rest of the team made us feel at home and provided us with a map showing nearby attractions, water bus stops, and select restaurants to orient us to Venice. (Note that the map was not detailed enough for walking all around Venice; however, getting lost in Venice is part of the experience of being in this city.) The proximity to the train station and water bus route stops was superb and allowed us to get in and around the city with ease. A two-passenger elevator made it easier for us to get up to the room with our luggage or after a long day sightseeing. My one complaint is that the Wi-Fi signal was a bit weak in our room. Regardless, we highly recommend Ca’ Dei Polo as a great place to stay.
Hugo I-Q
Schenectady, NY

Room Tip: If access to Wi-Fi is important to you, I recommend you contact the B&B to help you select a room with a better connection than we had in Malipiero.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

I was in this beatiful house for unfortunatly only one night. The beautiful room with comfortable bed was far out our best experience in Venice ever. There is no breakfastroom so when you woke up you just had to call francesca who brought you breakfast in bed, what do you want more. Francesca gave us a warm welcome with an agenda of all the carnival festivities, she made us feel at home immediately. Thank you for rhis great experience. Sincerely Elisa and Steven

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven S
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I pick lodgings based upon reviews from various websites, and their proximity to transportation and the places I need to go. This small hotel/B&B is very convenient to the Venice train station, bus station, and the Grand Canal water taxis. I literally walked ten minutes after my arrival by train to the hotel, and five minutes to the bus station to catch the airport bus on the way out of town. Watching others schlep their luggage over the cobbled streets throughout Venice confirmed that CdP is the place for home base. Breakfast selection was OK (I was spoiled in Austria just prior to my arrival,) but the coffee was great! WiFi was free as it should be, but a little slow for those who stream. There were over 100 channels of TV, but most, if not all in Italian - it would be nice to have a BBC/CNN news channel. Italian TV plays lots of first rate movies - dubbed if not already in Italian - but fun to watch anyway. There was even some live American football, with color commentary in Italian - very fun to listen to! The bed was comfortable, and the small bathroom was modern with plenty of hot water for the shower. And the hosts were very nice - when you saw them. If you are out all day, and return after 1700 or so, don't expect to see anyone at the front desk. Yea, so if you are looking for a luxurious, pampering hotel experience, this is not the place, but for everything else, you cannot beat it.

Room Tip: I stayed in a single room on the 2nd floor. Twin/Single bed. Window overlooked the garden. Perfectly adequate. The rooms are named, mine started with a "B," but I don't remember its exact name.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank CharleyAnnapolisMD
Reviewed January 21, 2014

really fine place, excellent host and good value for your money.
breakfast more than OK for Italian standards, with fresh fruit and toast.
perfect location, conveniently located close to train and bus station.
accommodation is suitable for all kinds of customers

Room Tip: rooms in the back are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business