1,116 results
All reviewsst marks squaregreat locationsan marco squarehear the bellsmark's basilicaclock towerwater taxithe hotel staffcentral locationdoge's palacemurano glassexcellent hotellight sleeperbreakfast was includedbreakfast roomthree nightssuperior room
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Perfect location and wonderful, helpful staff. We had a suite with two bedrooms. While the rooms are small, they are wonderfully appointed. We also had a balcony overlooking Saint Mark's Square. Recently we went to The National Art Gallery in DC for a Canaletto exhibit featuring his paintings and those of his contemporaries of Venice in the 1700's. Imagine my surprise when I saw my balcony in several of the paintings! The exhibit closes May 30, 2011, so hurry on down if you love Venice (and I know you do/will).

Room Tip: reserve as early as possible
  • Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank NoBullMan
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I decided to give my partner a surprise trip to Venice, with the idea to ask her hand in marriage. You can imagine the stress trying to arrange a 4 day romantic stay with all bells and whistles. If you have the same in mind...book this hotel! The staff is VERY friendly, have an eye for detail and they really take care of their guests. The hotel is clean and comfortable, we even got an upgrade room at no extra cost and the food was outstanding. We came by boat taxi and the front office clerk was waiting with boots as there was a flooding. Great stay, great people, excellent value for money!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Val-Kurt
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This hotel was excellent!! It was right at San Marco square and close to everything. The rooms were perfect and clean and breakfast was included. The concierge was our best friend and really did a lot to make our stay in Venice very special. Recognize the being right on San Marcos square means you hear the church bells very late at night and early in the morning. We were there for a few days and it was nice ... BUT some might find that annoying. We'd absolutely stay there again!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Barry_Patricia
Reviewed April 15, 2011

I especially loved the courtesy and helpfulness of all the staff. The styling of the bedrooms, as well as a lovely bathroom.. Overall a very good value for money!

We also found a good deal through a hotel comparison site: http://www.etrip.net/Hotel/Hotel_Concordia_Venice.htm which was great

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ozeboy
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Just returned from this hotel and, in all honesty, would probably not stay there again. The hotel itself is very nice, if a little pricey but so is Venice. We arrived as a party of eight to celebrate a birthday and had booked four rooms for three nights - a large sum of money. On arrival we were told by reception staff that they didnt have enough rooms available due to some building work next door - consequently, as we were the last to arrive, we would have to split up and some of us would have to stay in another hotel. Although we were not very happy about this, we agreed that we would do it for the first night until rooms became available the following morning. We were told by the manager that this would be IMPOSSIBLE as they had more guests arriving the following afternoon and it wouldnt be fair to these other guests. It would appear that they were happy to split us up as they could almost guarentee that we would all meet up and eat in their restaurant anyway.

The 'superior' hotel that they moved us to was the Columbia consisting of some annex rooms at the back of the main hotel, a third of the size of the rooms that we had booked, with a major heating problem - I had to go outside the room at 3:30am to cool down as the room was so hot.

We did finally manage to get back to the Concordia where the manager expected us to feel extremely greatful for getting us back in - no apology or compensation were offered.

I fully agree with the earlier comment regarding the 'special' deals that they offer - they are very expensive.

A shame as the hotel itself is in a prime area, very central to St Marks Square.

Would I recommend it - only if they change the Management / reception staff ( apart from Gulianno) or if they invest in some people skills training!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lolt169
giocar, Direttore at Hotel Concordia, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2011

Dear Sir,
I refer to your above complaint and I wish to answer to explain what really happened and to apologize to you for the problem of the first night. First of all I wish to specify that I never said "it was impossible for you to come back because it was not fair to guests arriving on the following day". I've been doing this job since 35 years and for me clients are "sacred" and a good service is the most important part of our job. I didn't become suddenly mad and you probably misunderstood my thought as, I repeat, I never said such a stupid phrase. To tell the truth I must say you I was angry, logically not with you but for the bad situation we're living at the hotel which has been probably not sufficiently explained you by our employees. Local authorities suddenly decided to start the restoration of the nearby Church of St. Basso because of the arrival of Pope Benedict XVI in May. All around the hotel there is a scaffolding partially covering St. Mark's view from some rooms. As misfortunes never come alone, the proprietors of the restaurant below decided at the same time to start big restoration works causing an inconvenience to our clients with the noise of drills. In the end the pelting rains of the days before your arrival caused a damage to the gutter on the roof of the hotel next to ours, with water infiltration on the wall of a couple of our best rooms. Consequently to all the mentioned problems, some rooms of our hotel were suddenly unavailable in the busy week end during which you arrived. We are not telling stories as you could probably personally verify during your stay. We were obliged to book some rooms in other nearby hotels, not only yours. It was a terrible day because, believe me, it's not nice to say to clients who have chosen our hotel and are regularly booked that they have to be accommodated somewhere else. So we were not absolutely happy to split you and we didn't decide to "punish" you because you were the last. I was worried about the situation on those days and sad to be obliged to tell you we had not available all your reserved rooms. I personally went upstairs to show to the 2 other couples of your party the rooms we had assigned them just to apologize for the inconvenience: two rooms with St. Mark's view, even if your agency had not required this kind of rooms usually foreseeing a supplement we logically didn't charge because of the situation, to make an upgrade. In the meantime I spoke with your friend saying you were right to complain but explaining him which problems we had , asking for your understanding as they were not depending on our will. The following day we assigned also you and the other couple nice superior doubles, even if not facing St. Mark's Square. As regards the deals you found very expensive, first of all I thank you for having chosen our restaurant for your dinner on the 18th of March. I checked and saw you all chose the "daily menu" we offer at special conditions which aren't absolutely expensive and not only in Venice. Anyway I don't want to engage in controversy with you on this matter as the main problem we caused you was given by the 2 missing rooms of the 1st night. I'm sorry about your biting words that my staff and me do not deserve. We like our job and I repeat you that clients and the service we offer them are very important for us, with no needed training. Should you come back to Venice, I would like to offer you either a complimentary night or anyway very special conditions. It would be a pleasure to welcome you again and I'm sure you would change your mind about my staff and me. Hoping to have this possibility, I thank you for your kind attention and I send you my best regards.
The general manager, Hotel Concordia - Venice