2,165 results
All reviewslagoon viewgrand canalperfect locationwater taxijunior suitebridge of sighsst marks squaresan zaccaria vaporetto stopdoge's palacethe main hotelrestaurant staffblue linestandard roomglass factoryour honeymoonsmall balconyincluded breakfast
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Visited Savoia & Jolanda in February 2013. The hotel location is brilliant - right opposite the ferry stop and within a few minutes walk of St Marks Square and all that Venice has to offer. The staff were lovely and helpful but our room was a bit of a walk and several flights of stairs from reception and my partner had to bend to get into the bathroom! The room was clean but the bed itself was VERY hard. The breakfast was ok and we did eat in the restaurant one evening, the food was quite nice but there was not much atmosphere. The Hotel does have its own boat to take you to Murano which is well worth a visit. Venice is a lovely place to visit but eating out is VERY expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony - they looked lovely!
1  Thank JandRTravels
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We wanted a hotel that was close to St Marks Square and easy to get to with public transport, this hotel fit the bill perfect.
The service at this hotel was very good with most of the staff helping you were ever possible; the rooms were comfortable although lacking a little in wardrobe/drawer facilities.
It is in a great position to easily walk to most of the main attractions in Venice.
If you are going for the Masquerade Ball and are on a budget, then make sure you get your costume back home before you go as hire charges in Venice are astonomical, starting at E250.00 up to any amount of money you wish to pay; you can however get masks at very reasonable prices, cheaper than back home.
The public water bus stops right outside the hotel, but a word to the wise, the public water buses take an absolute age to get anywhere so if you can afford the difference then get a water taxi which also stops right outside the hotel, try to double-up with somebody as the costs are excessive: E70.00 FOR 15min journey.
If you are going for Valentines mack sure you book before you go as the best restaurants get booked-up quickly, we saw a number of people being turned away.
Venice is a fantastic city to visit, my advise is to just set off walking down all the little back streets off the beaten path you will be amazed at what you might find.

Room Tip: This hotel does have some great speciality rooms; make sure if you want one to book early.
1  Thank StanCarol
Reviewed March 11, 2013

this is a nice hotel. the location is perfect, 5min walk from san marco square and in front of a vaporetto stations. the room was too hot and we could not turn the heating off so we just opened the windows. The room was very clean and it was comfortable (except there were two beds together to make a double bed....I'd prefer to have just one mattress)
the breakfast is also good, lots of choices of cakes, fruit, juices, bread, eggs and bacon. the coffee is not good: its instant coffee. so make sure you specifically ask for an espresso our double espresso and not black coffee.
I would go back to this hotel but the things I mentioned above coule be improved. don't forget there is a 4€ per person per night . that goes directly to the venice town hall pockets...what a rip off.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

After an extremely enjoyable 3-night stay at Hotel Savoia & Jolanda’s sister hotel Villa Igea in January (also reviewed) I booked another 4-night stay there for the following month as soon as I got back home. However, when we checked in for our second stay a couple of weeks later we were upgraded to a room at the Savoia & Jolanda hotel.

The location of the Savoia & Jolanda hotel is fabulous, very near to San Marco on the Riva Degli Schiavoni overlooking the Grand Canal and just a few steps (one bridge) from the Vaporetto line 1 San Marco San Zaccharia stop.

We received a very warm welcome by Hans, the receptionist, who truly made us feel like king and queen during our stay.

As said and much to our surprise we were upgraded to a room at the Savoia & Jolanda hotel. The room we were allocated had a quite large balcony with two chairs and looked out onto an alley off the Riva Degli Schiavoni, and so had a partial view of the Grand Canal.

The room was smaller than the room we previously had at Hotel Villa Igea, but standard for what you can expect in Venice. It was more modern though, especially the bathroom (which was bigger and had a fabulous rainshower). Both room and bathroom were immaculately clean, and t he bed very comfortable. There were spare pillows in the wardrobe (in most hotels in Italy double beds only have two rather thin pillows as a standard).

We already knew the Savoia and Jolanda hotel has the best breakfast with biggest choice and best cappucino we've been served in any hotel in Venice (or elsewhere in Italy), as guests of the hotel Villa Igea have breakfast in the same restaurant which overlooks the Riva Degli Schiavoni at the Grand Canal.

Every member of staff at the hotel is - without exception - very friendly and helpful. Our special thanks goes out to Hans though, he made our stay, which was already wonderful, extra special.

I will be book soon!!!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have reviewed this Hotel many times and it gets better with each visit,i travel to venice 3 to 4 times a year and this hotel is my no.1 choice due to the excellant location and wonderful caring staff.On this occasion i travelled with my husband and we stayed 5 nights (which is never long enough for me).I cannot say much more about this Hotel as i have already said it all before in my other reviews,but if good old fashioned customer care and friendliness is what you require then this is the Hotel for you! i am returning to venice in 3 weeks time with my Daughter and i am already excited about going back (and i,ve only been home 1day) but this will be my 1,st visit at Easter so i know it will be more special this time!

Room Tip: If you require a Lagoon view specify this at time of booking (it,s worth paying extra for) you get stunning views!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple