2,165 results
All reviewslagoon viewgrand canalperfect locationwater taxijunior suitebridge of sighsst marks squaresan zaccaria vaporetto stopdoge's palacethe main hotelrestaurant staffblue linestandard roomglass factoryour honeymoonsmall balconyincluded breakfast
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed at the Savoia & Jolanda for 3 nights during the carnival and for Valentines day. Location of the hotel is great, as soon as you step off the vaporetto at San Zaccaria (make sure you get the water bus/vaporetto for 15 euros each unless you want to pay 100 euros for the private water taxi) the hotel is right in front of you and only 3 minutes walk to San Marco square.
Check-in was swift and the staff were polite and helpful and spoke good English.
The bell-boy took us up to our room and explained about breakfast times etc. and that we were staying in a newly refurbished part of the hotel. Make sure you have some change to give to him as at that point we only had cash to give him!
The room was small but beautifully decorated in Venetian style and a lovely bathroom with walk-in shower. It was clean with a fully stocked mini bar, tv and all the other amenities you would need. The bed was large and comfortable.
Breakfast was served till 10am but the service could be a little slow at times. Good coffee and a decent continental breakfast, nothing spectacular but we enjoyed it.
Concierge were helpful in giving us a recommendation for a traditional Pizzeria.
Only downsides to this hotel was the noise very early in the morning from outside (our room just looked out to a street at the back of the hotel) and the walls weren't very soundproof if you catch our drift!!
Overall a lovely stay for a city break, if you want something a little bit special, we would recommend it.

Room Tip: Our advice would be to ask for a refurbished room with a view of the canal if possible
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mia_Khan
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Traveled Dec. 2010.

I booked this hotel for my honeymoon, and did so last minute. As a travel agent, I have sent many people here, so when my tour package got canceled at the last minute, I booked here.

The price was amazing, $150 per night with breakfast for a run of house room, and right before we arrived, the flooding cleared, and we were psyched to see our that this hotel was in the best position! When we arrived, the lobby was lovely. The man at the front desk was a little put offish, but we were excited to finally be in our last honeymoon stay in Venice, so no big.

The problem was when we got to our room. The room was surprisingly spacious but sparsely appointed, and the bathroom seemed renovated. I went to the window to open the curtains, only to find scaffolding and four workmen, one of whom waved to me. They workman then proceeded to hammer, bang, and generally work. Did I mention this was the last stay on our honeymoon where we were going to relax in room before going home? There was NO WAY. I called the front desk, and the surly man there explained to me that they would only be doing this for the next hour. I told him I didn't care, I want to move. 45 minutes later, a nicer guy came to help us move to the next place.

The front desk man was there the next three days, giving us looks every time we walked by. The one time we wanted to ask a question about where to eat, he picked up the phone and stayed on it for over 10 minutes, until we finally walked away. The line about the construction only being the next hour was a total lie, and continued through the rest of our stay, starting at about 8am.

So why still such a high review? First, we were in the super low season, and I would have been surprised if there was more than 15 rooms filled, and the construction was pretty minor. Plus, the price that I paid was super low, and the room type was "run of house" which means you could get anything. And they did move us. The breakfast was HANDS DOWN the best part of our stay. It was incredible, with everything you could possibly want, and their restaurant was VERY impressive. I also had positive experiences with all other staffers EXCEPT the front desk guy, so I am not going to let one stinker say it was horrible. The bed was ok, not super comfortable, and my sleep quality was impacted by the morning noise and the just ok bed quality. Had it been no noise or construction, I would have been satisfied.

Would I stay here again? Yes, but I would specify at check in that I wanted a quiet room.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, and if you book a Run of House room and they seem empty, ask for a lagoon view room. They have them and my accomodate if you ask.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gmjpeach
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Great hotel with an impeccable location, once you arrive via vaporetto you are at your hotel!! No stairs no dragging suitcases over bridges.. Fantastic! The hotel was lovely, the staff were very helpful and very happy to assist. Only draw back was that the restaurant closed rather early in the evenings, 8:30 pm it was all over.. But everything else was tops. I would stay here again, lovely.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank giorgiadettoni
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were booked to stay around the corner at the Villa Igea , but I imagine due to low occupancy were put in this hotel last week.
The staff were all so helpful and polite, linen changed daily in our room.Decor of the room typical Venetian.
Located near to water buses and water taxis - right outside the front entrance and only a short walk to the main sights- perfect.
We came into Treviso airport and was easy to catch the bus outside of the arrivals hall for the 40 minute journey to the main Piazza Roma on Venice, then a short journey by water bus to our hotel. Would recommend this method to get to hotel, dont bother booking a more expensive prebookable "Meet and Greet" type taxi is just isnt worth it.
Helpful Hints - there was a hairdryer in the room at the hotel so dont bother to take one, buy a "pass" for your water bus rides otherwise one journey is 6.50 euros for a single journey regardless of length, expensive if only going a couple of stops.
Watch the prices if going for a coffee prices ranged from 2 to 9 euros for a basic coffee!
Venice was every bit as good and magical as I thought it would be!

Room Tip: Mini bar in room, we found the whole hotel very quiet, no noisy cars etc!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandra1birmingham
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Savoia and Jolanda in Venice in April of 2011. Let me tell you, it's right in the thick of things in Venice. If you like the tourist areas and St. Mark's piazaa, this is the place to stay. It is right on the water and great for people watching or grabbing one of the water taxis.

The hotel rooms were adequately sized by Italian standards. We stayed in an up-dated section of the hotel which was still undergoing rehab. The rooms were nice, but the corridor was a mess. Breakfast came with the room. Breakfast was a typical European breakfast buffet and was plentiful, but the best part of it was getting to eat it outside and watch the action outside. It was great!

Rooms were about 200 per night and worth the money. I would stay here again. If you do stay here, try to get off the beaten path. Venice has so many secluded sections. It's such fun to just get lost!

Room Tip: Ask about the updated rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple