“A cultural experience not to be missed”

Enrica Rocca Cooking School Venice
More attraction details
Owner description: Enrica Rocca runs a cookery school with a difference. “Born in Venice, Enrica is an Italian cook of note and a flamboyant and passionate chef and restaurateur. She has Italian cooking in her blood and a contagious zest for life and food…” David BakerFinancial Times
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A cultural experience not to be missed”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

For an authentic taste of Venice and Venetian cuisine, Enrica Rocca's full day session is a must for anyone seeking an enriching culinary and cultural Venetian experience. To say that the morning at the Rialto Market , at Casa del Parmigiano ,the caffe and the nearby bacaro was most educational would be an understatement. I retained information that I later put to good repeat use while staying in Venice for a further month. Our group was small - 4 including Enrica - and at a very early stage it seemed as if we had all been friends for many years. Enrica maintained a good pace and momentum that was stimulating and great fun. Cooking at her palazzo apartment in Dorsoduro was relaxed. While I pride myself on having a well appointed kitchen back in Canada, her kitchen provided a new standard for " well appointed ". This full and wonderful day not only provided an opportunity to expand my knowledge of la cucina di Venezia and to expand my international friendships, but also confirm the watchword for most if not all of the varied regional cuisines of Italy " Sempre semplice e sempre fresco ". Grazie mille Enrica !

Visited April 2012

Venice, Italy
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Wonderful...highly recommended”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

As a birthday gift to myself, I attended an all-day class and it was incredible. Enrica offers her students wonderful information about the city and its history, the Rialto market and Venetian traditions and different local foods. She taught us how to choose the best, freshest products and showed us hidden places only the Venetians know about. We also spent time at a local wine shop which included a brief and informative lesson on different local wines. Afterward, we walked through the city together to her house and cooked the food we'd bought, ate, drank, laughed, and thoroughly enjoyed our day. I have already gone back for another class and will continue to do so in the future. Brava, Enrica!

Visited July 2011