“Very good hotel with a perfect location”

HOTEL OLIMPIA Venice
Ranked #30 of 387 Hotels in Venice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is next to the parking area, bus and train station, so it is really well-located. You can reach the vaporetto in 5 minutes walk, the Rialto in 15 minutes walk. The room has everything you need, it is renovated and furbished authentically. The bathroom is wonderful.
The breakfast is excellent, with wide selection.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpumiS
Write a ReviewReviews (2,280)

Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel has the very convinient location: near the bus-stop, the coach and you can walk there in 3-5 minutes depends on how many luggages you have :)
I came to Venice on the rainny cold day in February but just when I got in the hotel I can feel the cleaness, dry, warmth and cosy. The rain can not stop me from enjoying the beauty of Venice from the window of my room and the view is phatastic!!!
I made the very stupid mistake when i check out of the hotel - i left my wallet with passport and money in the safe box. I just realised that when I was on the way to Switzeland. This is my 1st trip to Europe and it's really a nightmare to me. The Hotel Manager - Selena and the other staffs (Andrea and Cheakh) did help me a lot. They not only cheer me up but advise me the better way to solve my problems like: suggesting to choose the UPS to courier my passport to Switzeland so that I dont have to waste 1 day to come back and pick up my passport, deposit my money to bank account....I do feel tough and very appreciate for their help.
It really make my Europe trip perfect!!!!
I will come back one day! See you guys soon!!!

Room Tip: It depends on which days of the year you come but room with canal view will maximise your taste of V...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank PhuongHau
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This is a little bit of a story. We were planning a 3 month stay in Croatia and found this 11 day deal for Italy that included air fare. It was too good to pass up. The Olimpia was booked as part of the package. I was a little wary, because we did not choose to upgrade. My first concern was location. We had a lot of luggage and hoped the hotel was close to the bus station. As we got off the bus we looked across the canal and there it was. A very short walk. We were off to a good start. The hotel was great. They had a very fine breakfast. We were returning to Venice after the tour and the hotel kept our big luggage and it allowed us to travel Italy with a lighter load.
We returned to the Olimpia during Carnaval. It was very busy. They provided a lovely room on the top floor for a reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a week literally just making my way home now. Couldn't fault anything with this hotel! When I arrived my room was ready even though I was early for the recommended check in at 2pm. It was an quick and easy walk from Piazzale Roma, you can see the hotel as you walk from the coach (if you come by coach from the airport). If not its a bit of a walk from the station but you won't get lost. A tiny lift so you won't be able to pile to much in to get to your room. My room (202) was lovely and spacious. Plenty of cupboard space .. Even for a room in venice where you usually can't swing a cat.
Breakfast each morning was a good spread plenty of choices and starts quite early .. 7am-10:30am.
Obviously because it is so convieniently situated by piazzale roma its quite a walk to rialto and san marco .. But in my opinion you have a hotel so central to exit of venice so you don't spend hours trying to locate your hotel in one of the narrow streets in Venice unless its the Londra or the Cipriani!!
Overal it was a perfect stay and I'd recommend it 100%!!

Also I don't know the gentleman's name on the front desk but he always remembered my room number so my key was always in his hand as I walked in the fromt door of the hotel!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank MichelleB1989
Reviewed February 13, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Usually I am afraid of three stars hotel but with Best Western I had a good experience in Forum Mülheim in the past and the good notes from TripAdvisor and Booking made me to choose Olimpia. Location is great; just 100 m from Piazzale Roma - the bus station for number 5 from Marco Polo airport; also train station very close - very good pizza inside. Hotel is small but clean with beautiful rooms ( some with a small canal view - Santa Maria Maggiore). The staff is very friendly and helpful.
A BIG thank you for the hotel Management who offered a bottle of good quality prosecco on ice for my birthday anniversary.
Breakfast is good for a three stars hotel but they should think on diversification. Also, they should change the coffee provider.
A nice garden is available.

Room Tip: probably in season is not ok if you are on the canal side - Piazzale Roma station is just over the c...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014

My family and I only stayed one night at Hotel Olimpia but it was a nice stay. The staff was helpful and the bus station was right across from the Hotel (this was nice since we had an early morning departure). A little bit of a hike to some of the sites in Venice but it was worth it for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family